Jump to content

New AD John Cohen Intro Presser


RunInRed
 Share

Recommended Posts





I’m ready to run through a wall for him after that “Auburn being Auburn” part. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

John Cohen, asked if he has ever shared a hot tub with a coaching candidate, says "not to my knowledge"
 

The best part of an excellent press conference!!!🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope he’s already crossed a good bit of that 58 things to do in the coaching search.  This needs to get done sooner rather than later!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Auburn AD John Cohen's three biggest factors in a football coaching hire: "Culture, X's and O's, and recruiting

I like that this is focus on a new HC... Embracing the Auburn culture is a must to succeed, I think of the floated names on the search boards that there are a couple that really hit that category

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure John Cohen is a fine guy but so far, he's said the words "bama" and "tuscaloosa" more often than he's said "Auburn Tigers" and that makes me uncomfortable. #WDE

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Systems said:

I'm sure John Cohen is a fine guy but so far, he's said the words "bama" and "tuscaloosa" more often than he's said "Auburn Tigers" and that makes me uncomfortable. #WDE

He needs to learn a healthy HATE for those two words and all associated with them. 😂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

This is how you change the culture.  Drop the *just* and it changes everything.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I hope he’s already crossed a good bit of that 58 things to do in the coaching search.  This needs to get done sooner rather than later!

As long as it's the right guy. Sooner than later is important but it won't happen until December. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I hope he’s already crossed a good bit of that 58 things to do in the coaching search.  This needs to get done sooner rather than later!

Sounded like it is going to go slow to me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Taker said:

Auburn AD John Cohen's three biggest factors in a football coaching hire: "Culture, X's and O's, and recruiting

I like that this is focus on a new HC... Embracing the Auburn culture is a must to succeed, I think of the floated names on the search boards that there are a couple that really hit that category

Which ones?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Sounded like it is going to go slow to me.

I hope not. He has 2 weeks (by my estimation) to make a hire before Thanksgiving and the opening of the transfer portal on 12/5/22. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I’m dead 😂

That answer will probably come back to bite him - otherwise, why would someone ask. 

  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What do you expect him to say?  “Yes, we are going to really rush this hire because I know how impatient Auburn fans can be”.  🤦🏼‍♀️  He said exactly what I would expect an AD to say, doesn’t mean they will draw it out.  

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Systems said:

That answer will probably come back to bite him - otherwise, why would someone ask. 

It was a dig at Allen Greene.  Hardly think that will “bite” Cohen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Systems said:

I hope not. He has 2 weeks (by my estimation) to make a hire before Thanksgiving and the opening of the transfer portal on 12/5/22. 

Significant possibility that it won’t happen until right after conference championship games.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cohen sounds like Jeff Bridges and kind of looks like him if Bridges shaved and cut his hair.  It is uncanny.  

 

Edited by Auburn93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MDM4AU said:

I’m ready to run through a wall for him after that “Auburn being Auburn” part. 

I appreciated that too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...