New AD John Cohen Intro Presser

RunInRed

Auburn AD John Cohen's three biggest factors in a football coaching hire: "Culture, X's and O's, and recruiting

I like that this is focus on a new HC... Embracing the Auburn culture is a must to succeed, I think of the floated names on the search boards that there are a couple that really hit that category

I'm sure John Cohen is a fine guy but so far, he's said the words "bama" and "tuscaloosa" more often than he's said "Auburn Tigers" and that makes me uncomfortable. #WDE

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Systems said:

I'm sure John Cohen is a fine guy but so far, he's said the words "bama" and "tuscaloosa" more often than he's said "Auburn Tigers" and that makes me uncomfortable. #WDE

He needs to learn a healthy HATE for those two words and all associated with them. 😂

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I hope he’s already crossed a good bit of that 58 things to do in the coaching search.  This needs to get done sooner rather than later!

As long as it's the right guy. Sooner than later is important but it won't happen until December. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I hope he’s already crossed a good bit of that 58 things to do in the coaching search.  This needs to get done sooner rather than later!

Sounded like it is going to go slow to me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Taker said:

Auburn AD John Cohen's three biggest factors in a football coaching hire: "Culture, X's and O's, and recruiting

I like that this is focus on a new HC... Embracing the Auburn culture is a must to succeed, I think of the floated names on the search boards that there are a couple that really hit that category

Which ones?

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Sounded like it is going to go slow to me.

I hope not. He has 2 weeks (by my estimation) to make a hire before Thanksgiving and the opening of the transfer portal on 12/5/22. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I’m dead 😂

That answer will probably come back to bite him - otherwise, why would someone ask. 

• Dislike 1

What do you expect him to say?  “Yes, we are going to really rush this hire because I know how impatient Auburn fans can be”.  🤦🏼‍♀️  He said exactly what I would expect an AD to say, doesn’t mean they will draw it out.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Systems said:

That answer will probably come back to bite him - otherwise, why would someone ask. 

It was a dig at Allen Greene.  Hardly think that will “bite” Cohen. 

32 minutes ago, Systems said:

I hope not. He has 2 weeks (by my estimation) to make a hire before Thanksgiving and the opening of the transfer portal on 12/5/22. 

Significant possibility that it won’t happen until right after conference championship games.

• Like 2