New AD John Cohen Intro Presser

RunInRed

16 minutes ago, Systems said:

Cohen said one more thing I didn't really like: the search firm would not recommend names but would only handle the logistics of the process for a new head football coach. Isn't that pre-disqualifying some people before you start? Is he selecting his own guy or is he only selecting from a pre-selected pool of applicants, or applicant... Your thoughts?

I think there are people at Auburn who feel very strongly about culture and “fit”.  A national search committee wouldn’t necessarily cull out the candidates that really have no business coaching at Auburn, based on that criteria.  Cohen is most likely doing his own research through his own established channels to identify candidates that would likely have that fit.  After what we’ve been through, and more what the players have been through, it’s important to know that they will be comfortable with whoever comes in.  That’s my speculation on the matter.  😊

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Systems said:

I'm sure John Cohen is a fine guy but so far, he's said the words "bama" and "tuscaloosa" more often than he's said "Auburn Tigers" and that makes me uncomfortable. #WDE

That left-handed half-Windsor. Totally unacceptable. Nothing good anywhere in this press conference. We should fire him right now. Pitchforks to the ready!

• Facepalm 1

41 minutes ago, Systems said:

I think that is what he meant. What else would it be?

Let me clarify what I thought he meant. I don’t think the search firm is putting forth candidates.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AUx said:

That left-handed half-Windsor. Totally unacceptable. Nothing good anywhere in this press conference. We should fire him right now. Pitchforks to the ready!

Dude... his wife let him down by not fixing that crap

8 hours ago, Systems said:

I'm sure John Cohen is a fine guy but so far, he's said the words "bama" and "tuscaloosa" more often than he's said "Auburn Tigers" and that makes me uncomfortable. #WDE

38 minutes ago, AUx said:

11 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Dude... his wife let him down by not fixing that 

I agree, why in the world would you ever utter the words... doesn't he know where he is? What a moron! I absolutely almost drove to auburn to take that stupid left handed abomination off him just pathetic and finally I agree he should divorce his wife immediately, and quit... just go ahead and quit today for being a Bama loving tuscalooser!!!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Systems said:

I think that is what he meant. What else would it be?

Maybe that he would be coming up with his own list and having the people on that list vetted by a professional firm to cover his rear end?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Maybe that he would be coming up with his own list and having the people on that list vetted by a professional firm to cover his rear end?

Now Red, you know that just makes to much sense

10 minutes ago, Taker said:

I agree, why in the world would you ever utter the words... doesn't he know where he is? What a moron! I absolutely almost drove to auburn to take that stupid left handed abomination off him just pathetic and finally I agree he should divorce his wife immediately, and quit... just go ahead and quit today for being a Bama loving tuscalooser!!!! 

I would tell him that he has plenty of money.  Go have some nice ties made in AU Colors and have them make it into a clip on if you can't tie a damn tie.  And dude move your momma out of tusclooserville...you closet freaking bammer...waving flags on the street as they head to birmingham...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

I would tell him that he has plenty of money.  Go have some nice ties made in AU Colors and have them make it into a clip on if you can't tie a damn tie.  And dude move your momma out of tusclooserville...you closet freaking bammer...waving flags on the street as they head to birmingham...

When will they learn????

6 minutes ago, Taker said:

When will they learn????

Don't know but I wouldn't be at a Rival school in my opening speech saying that crap.  Well it would have been fun for Dr. Roberts walk up and say well after that...I made a mistake...and let him go...Rich Take over!

3 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Don't know but I wouldn't be at a Rival school in my opening speech saying that crap.  Well it would have been fun for Dr. Roberts walk up and say well after that...I made a mistake...and let him go...Rich Take over!

That would definitely make the news cycle spin even faster... 

In all honesty and sarcasm aside- I think it would be wise for us to sit back, chill, and enjoy the rest of the season. We already expected to lose them all so anything over that is a bonus. Give ADC his time to operate and get someone hired (then immediately complain about it) and enjoy basketball season in the in-between. 

Things that make me go hmmm... 

Looking at our AD's name I realized that out last three ADs had repeating letters in their first and last name. It means nothing other than I'm bored right now. 

Jay Jacobs 

Allen Green

John Cohen 

21 minutes ago, Taker said:

When will they learn????

10 minutes ago, Taker said:

That would definitely make the news cycle spin even faster... 

In all honesty and sarcasm aside- I think it would be wise for us to sit back, chill, and enjoy the rest of the season. We already expected to lose them all so anything over that is a bonus. Give ADC his time to operate and get someone hired (then immediately complain about it) and enjoy basketball season in the in-between. 

Moderation, patience, and optimism will not be tolerated. Pretty sure it’s in the T&C now. 

13 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Looking at our AD's name I realized that out last three ADs had repeating letters in their first and last name. It means nothing other than I'm bored right now. 

Jay Jacobs 

Allen Green

John Cohen 

Illuminati lizzard people. Shhhhhh.

Edited by AUx

5 minutes ago, AUx said:

Moderation, patience, and optimism will not be tolerated. Pretty sure it’s in the T&C now. 

And if it is we will snuff it out for sure!!!! 

22 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Jay Jacobs 

Allen Green

John Cohen 

Really telling are their anagrams.

Jay Jacobs - Jaacy Jobs

Allen Greene - Leen General 

John Cohen - jhh Neocon

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

ok

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Let me clarify what I thought he meant. I don’t think the search firm is putting forth candidates.

That's what I thought he said also.

2 hours ago, Taker said:

Sorry, I don't follow.

19 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

John Cohen, asked if he has ever shared a hot tub with a coaching candidate, says "not to my knowledge"

The best part of an excellent press conference!!!🤣🤣🤣

The Allen Greene supporters, gonna be so pissed!

25 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

The Allen Greene supporters, gonna be so pissed!

You mean, both of them?

• Haha 1