Who is the last QB that developed at Auburn?

cbo

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Excelled at what he was asked to do.  

Another remarkable thing he excelled at while running the read option was avoiding injury.  It seemed like no one could ever get a solid hit on him to bring him to the ground.  

• Love 1

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Lets run an experiment.  

Our previous 2 regimes ran this program into the ground.  The last decade of Auburn football is the lowest the program has ever been. The lack of roster management, retention, and development was an absolute failure and that started in 2016-17 and is directly related to why we are needing to bring in 40-45 players this cycle.  

No matter what Mikey said, our OL hasn't had anything resembling depth in a while and that also corresponds directly to the terrible QB development we had the last ~ decade.  

We haven't had a HS QB develop into anything while at Auburn since Campbell. Some transferred and became significantly better. That would indicate that the coaching they were receiving at Auburn was not adequate.  That's a failure of coaching, either through evaluation or development.

You know what ... ... I'm going to bring up a point that may not be popular but, in the spirit of being impartial, here goes:  In the 1st year after the  Malzahn era, Nix improved under Bobo/Harsin's tutelage.  I'm unsure who was directly responsible, but there was a noticeable improvement.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

You know what ... ... I'm going to bring up a point that may not be popular but, in the spirit of being impartial, here goes:  In the 1st year after the  Malzahn era, Nix improved under Bobo/Harsin's tutelage.  I'm unsure who was directly responsible, but there was a noticeable improvement.  

That's true Bo did improve in his last year at Auburn 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's true Bo did improve in his last year at Auburn 

I disagree with this to an extent

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I disagree with this to an extent

He didn't make leaps and bounds that's for sure, but he did have some improvement. 

Also, as I've always contended, it's just about impossible to really evaluate any QB behind the last 4-5 years worth of line play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He didn't make leaps and bounds that's for sure, but he did have some improvement. 

Also, as I've always contended, it's just about impossible to really evaluate any QB behind the last 4-5 years worth of line play.

Bo lists Bobo leaving as one of the reasons he transferred so at least Bo thought he was getting improved coaching during his last year at Auburn.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Imo, he had already shown he could look like Joe Montana playing weaker competition. For whatever reason last year people tend to feel like he played well all of last year when he really did what he usually did here. He played well against the opening warm up teams, then he didn't play well against the quality team, I don't know what happened against Georgia State I'm just chalking that up as an anamoly. Then he didn't play well against the quality teams. Then he didn't really play well against LSU but he made that highlight play and we beat them, but they sucked that year. Then when we made it to miss and arky he played well. 

I feel like that's on par to what he did his other years as well. As far as individual skills I would say he's decent short not so much intermediate and deep. I feel like that's pretty much what he was previous years as well.

I think he was a little better not just taking off running but I think that came from experience him being a junior now, but not that he developed.

Also though I have to equate maybe he didn't get better just because it was the so so teams at the end of the year. It could also be that the wr, himself, and o line were just getting better because they were getting more experience with the offense and as far as the wr goes he was establishing connections with guys that didn't have any starting experience beforehand.

If I had to guess I'd say it was a little of both

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Also though I have to equate maybe he didn't get better just because it was the so so teams at the end of the year. It could also be that the wr, himself, and o line were just getting better because they were getting more experience with the offense and as far as the wr goes he was establishing connections with guys that didn't have any starting experience beforehand.

Uh, don't you remember that Bo Nix got injured and didn't play at the end of the year? AU was 6-2 in games that Nix played the entire game in. Then he got hurt and AU finished the season on an 0-5 roll. He was head and shoulders above any QB we had on the team last season and would be this season too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Uh, don't you remember that Bo Nix got injured and didn't play at the end of the year? AU was 6-2 in games that Nix played the entire game in. Then he got hurt and AU finished the season on an 0-5 roll. He was head and shoulders above any QB we had on the team last season and would be this season too.

Mikey shut up. Of course I know. Call me arrogant but I consider arky, ole miss, and miss st beneath us. And like I said Bo already had a history of performing against those type teams but not so much an team like Penn st or uga. You can actually still see that today.

And when you are trying to correct somebody you should be accurate....I do find it funny how you are trying to pass on that Texas a&m loss to someone else though. Don't forget you are giving him an extra win as well as he didn't finish that GA st game that he was head and shoulders better than everybody....

I will give you that though you have always been great at trying to use some stat or quote to amplify whatever it is you wanted. Use those two games against ole miss and arky to pretend he was killing it last year.  Actually on this board it will work on a bunch of people 😂

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

Lets run an experiment.  

Our previous 2 regimes ran this program into the ground.  The last decade of Auburn football is the lowest the program has ever been. The lack of roster management, retention, and development was an absolute failure and that started in 2016-17 and is directly related to why we are needing to bring in 40-45 players this cycle.  

No matter what Mikey said, our OL hasn't had anything resembling depth in a while and that also corresponds directly to the terrible QB development we had the last ~ decade.  

We haven't had a HS QB develop into anything while at Auburn since Campbell. Some transferred and became significantly better. That would indicate that the coaching they were receiving at Auburn was not adequate.  That's a failure of coaching, either through evaluation or development.

Auburn's all time won/loss record: .627 winning percentage

Gus's winning percentage at AU: .656

You have an odd way of defining failure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Mikey shut up. Of course I know.

If you know then why did you post this nonsense?

"Also though I have to equate maybe he didn't get better just because it was the so so teams at the end of the year. "

You know he didn't play at the end of the year yet you claim his record was achieved by beating so-so teams at the end of the year? Maybe you should slack off your drug of choice.

Also, discounting wins against Ol' Miss, 10-3 and Arky, 9-4 is totally disingenuous on your part.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Auburn's all time won/loss record: .627 winning percentage

Gus's winning percentage at AU: .656

You have an odd way of defining failure.

Experiment worked. 

Thanks