Caddy for coach?

SaturdayGT

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Cadillac is a good story and a good person, but no, he shouldn't be seriously considered for the full time job. Being a head coach is a lot more than just being a motivator and doing good game planning. You have to be a "manager" of a big organization. you have to manage a hundred players, you have to vet and hire dozens of assistants that will fit your system, program, and personality. You have to be able to analyze talent and recruit like a madman. All that and more. 

Is that Cadillac? I don't know....nobody can know because he's never done it...he's barely been  coaching in the college ranks at all at any level. He's got 4 years of college position coaching experience. At least Smart had been a full on coordinator  for 8 years in a major program. 

the SEC is about to expand...NIL is taking off...AU is already behind the ball in a lot of areas and we have to get this hire right and we have to hire someone who we are reasonably sure has the whole package. 

Yep...no room for the "good ole boy" system....new times!

..gotta get a jump!

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Look, it’s not happening. Period. 

Look.....no one is claiming that it is.  Period.

Nothing for any of you to get so pissy over.  Ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last I’m gonna say on it. Fans showed up, recruits showed up, team showed up, ex players showed up…..all there to support Caddy and this group. Nothing will take anything away from that and that’s a statement in itself 

Tbh I wouldn’t even be against it if it was more of a short term deal. He would bring the recruits in and it’s not like he’d be calling the plays. He knows what a well ran team  should look like, he’s played and coached

• Like 1

Never seen anything like it. Never seen a fanbase rally around a coach like Auburn has around Caddy. One of these heart says yes but head says no things. I’m just enjoying this chapter while it lasts. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Look.....no one is claiming that it is.  Period.

Nothing for any of you to get so pissy over.  Ridiculous.

It’s not happening and people need to quit getting all in their feels and lobbying for it. Just enjoy the moment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love Caddy. He's exactly what we needed at that perfect moment. However, he is not a HC...YET.

Give him some seasoning, an expanded coaching network, and yes absolutely.

• Like 2

I'm not pushing him. Don't really care whose feelings it hurts. The post game interview tonight did it. I think he's AU's next HC. If he wins out, it will be a lock. It would only be completely derailed if he loses out. 

Bring in some experienced coordinators, keep our newfound NIL momentum, and you have a HC who gets servant leadership in his heart because that's all he's ever been. I know a thing or two about leadership at the highest levels, I'd venture far more than most on this board, and I'm here to tell you that guy can lead.

Some of the greatest leaders in history have been seriously overrated for their personal genius, when in reality their real genius was surrounding themselves with people smarter than them, and letting those people do their jobs to the best of their own abilities. That takes a humble leader, or at least one who knows his place. Kiffen, Jimbo, and more than likely Deion are not that kind of person, though CDS may have grown in that direction. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Like I mentioned before the game. The look in Takeos eyes spoke volumes 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Bunch of those same dudes were all Team Harsin back in February and before the season too.  Players make emotional decisions and that's fine.  I want them to love their coaches.  But this isn't an emotional decision.  It can't be.

• Like 5

I get Caddy is green.  The best salesmen are the ones who really believe in what they offer.  No doubt Caddy believes in Auburn 100%.

I have to believe he would recruit at a high level

You wouldn't have to pay him 10 million.  Honestly I don't think anyone should get paid 10 million outside of Kirby or Saban.

Use the extra money and surround him with top notch staff.  He's a CEO/hype type and doesn't seem like someone who would get their ego hurt by another coach if its whats best for Auburn. 

He made good decisions tonight in some pivotal moments.  

I don't know.  Maybe I'm just drunk on the orange and blue and Caddy saying all the right things every time a microphone is put in front of him.    

• Like 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

But this isn't an emotional decision.  It can't be.

Exactly. I love me some Caddy but, this can't be an emotional decision.

Is he what we needed right now? Absolutely. However, there's more to this than being an emotional lightning rod.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Bunch of those same dudes were all Team Harsin back in February and before the season too.  Players make emotional decisions and that's fine.  I want them to love their coaches.  But this isn't an emotional decision.  It can't be.

I guess for me, I don't see a hands down slam dunk hire out there.  And given that, I'd rather give Caddy a look at minimum.

Dude can recruit.  His players are busting their asses.  And the gameplan tonight was strong.  If Robby can throw at all, we win by 20.

Jury is still out for sure, but it would be stupid to pass on him without at least seeing what his long term vision looks like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

It's not going to happen but it's not ruining a moment. Get off the internet and go celebrate 

11:45…headed to bed.  Sunday morning church is a Saturday night decision.

Just now, AUDevil said:

Sunday morning church is a Saturday night decision.

The advantages of being a filthy heathen/atheist ;)

I have no such requirements on me for a Sunday.

• Haha 2

Guys, youre so in your emotions! What your eyes see w the players balling out is just your emotions. Youre going to get jeff grimes and youre going to love it, it is going to be on and popping on the plains in like five years! 

Couldnt help myself. This next hire better be big because we are in the throws of a tennessee death spiral and caddy has given us a taste of a reprieve if even for a brief moment, it is sort of like what I would expect from deion sanders in terms of energy and emotion minus the national attention.

After riding that rollercoaster of emotions for the last 4 hours you could make a case to pull the interim tag. I'm sure he could recruit better than most candidates and the team and staff are feeding off his energy which makes us a better team (and should be 2-0).

My only issue with Coach Caddy would be that he could do fine as a CEO, but can he make the tough call to let go of some loyal staff members to make room for some great X's and O's coordinators? That I'm not sure of and that is why I'm gonna put faith in Cohen to make the right call on who our next Head Coach is. Until then, I hope Cadillac runs the table and continues making the Family proud. 

War Damn Eagle!

3 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Guys, youre so in your emotions! What your eyes see w the players balling out is just your emotions. Youre going to get jeff grimes and youre going to love it, it is going to be on and popping on the plains in like five years! 

Couldnt help myself. This next hire better be big because we are in the throws of a tennessee death spiral and caddy has given us a taste of a reprieve if even for a brief moment, it is sort of like what I would expect from deion sanders in terms of energy and emotion minus the national attention.

I'd be perfectly fine with Grimes. Have you actually looked into his coaching history/network and his recruiting wins?

Edit: @DAGstarting to feel like you're stalking me or have some sort of "Grimes" alert.  What don't you like about him beyond not being what you consider a "big name"?

Edited by selias
  • Haha 1