Caddy for coach?

SaturdayGT

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Caddy didn’t go straight from the league to coaching btw. It’s not like that’s what held him back. 

I love Caddy but it would be the biggest mistake in Auburn football history to give him the keys right now. Absolutely no way. Shows people are too prone to let their emotions overrule their common sense. 

All I see are a bunch of folks who don't have to make hiring decisions in their real life.  Not about emotion.  Its about what I see happening.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I see all of that and it's why I say he's perfect to shepherd these guys through this moment.  Yes, it's better than Harsin and his stubborn ass.  That bar was very low. I'm happy for him and the players and that the fans get to salvage something out of this s***ty situation.  But I'm not getting swept up into emotional thinking and making it more than what it is.  

I never could understand why Auburn does some of the things it does. But seeing this thought process grow makes me see a bit.

Auburn people are suckers for a feel good story and let their emotions overtake them. They think “it’d be so great if ______ worked out” instead of asking “do I think _______ will actually work out”?

Gene Chizik coming home? Feel good story. Kevin Steele taking the reigns? Feel good story (for the boosters that liked him, anyway). Now Cadillac.

It would be insane to let Caddy be a HC at this juncture for both himself and for Auburn.

• Like 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

All I see are a bunch of folks who don't have to make hiring decisions in their real life.  Not about emotion.  Its about what I see happening.

Well I’m just glad you aren’t hiring the next football coach. Aubie brings some fantastic energy too and he’s been associated with AU football a lot longer than Caddy. You might want to at least give him an interview. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Well I’m just glad you aren’t hiring the next football coach. Aubie brings some fantastic energy too and he’s been associated with AU football a lot longer than Caddy. You might want to at least give him an interview. 

People are acting like we won the ironbowl hahaha. That was a terrible football game but glad the boys won.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You're sadly mistaken that this is about one 3 pt win and its pretty naive that you think that's the case. 

I'm looking at last week and he acted as a leader and ambassador for the program.  I'm looking at how players and recruits are reacting to him.  I'm looking at improved gameplans and player usage.

Again, I'm not saying he's THE guy.  I'm saying he deserves to be interviewed seriously.  Sometimes the best hires and promotions I've made have been from the unlikeliest sources because I didn't have pre-conceived notions.

Gus acted like a leader, ambassador and an  inspirational cheerleader when he first got here. He couldn't do wrong. Eight years later, how did that work out? He only really got the job because he was the lucky soul who coached Cam Newton to a National Championship. I think out of respect, he'll get an interview but if he gets the job, Auburn dropped the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well, it's about what I see happening too.  And while I love the emotion and love he brings to the table, I'm not seeing enough to say this guy should be the head coach.  I think he could be one day - with some more time.  Perhaps coaching as a coordinator or coaching something other 3 years of coaching the position he played.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Gus acted like a leader, ambassador and an  inspirational cheerleader when he first got here. He couldn't do wrong. Eight years later, how did that work out? He only really got the job because he was the lucky soul who coached Cam Newton to a National Championship. I think out of respect, he'll get an interview but if he gets the job, Auburn dropped the ball. 

Cohen didn’t come here to hire the interim position coach with no real coaching background. I don’t think we have to worry. Hope Cadillac is retained but he has no shot at the job unless he beats Alabama and maybe gets a few five stars on board that expressly say they’re in it for Coach Lac. But even if THAT happens I still don’t think he gets the job.

You know what I love..... 

How regardless of what any of you put on this internet message board isn't going to make ANY difference or influence the next AU HC. I am thankful for that because if it did factor into the equation then we would be screwed... 

Enjoy this UGLY win for what it is. 

Enjoy IHCCW for the rest of the season

Enjoy being an AU fan

Enjoy this team

Because the ones pulling for him to get it would be ready to burn him when he struggled (and he would struggle) you would essentially ruin him as an AUBURN GREAT because of emotional feelings right now. 

The ones shooting him down for the job quit trying to convince everyone that you are smarter and know better, this is a message board and you are here for the same reason the rest of us are, if you knew anything more you wouldn't be here you would be in the building making a decision on something. 

Why does it always have to be a fight, just Enjoy the time for what it is...

A GREAT DAY TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER 🐅 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Caddy didn’t go straight from the league to coaching btw. It’s not like that’s what held him back. 

I love Caddy but it would be the biggest mistake in Auburn football history to give him the keys right now. Absolutely no way. Shows people are too prone to let their emotions overrule their common sense. 

Right, we can enjoy the present without impeding the future. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Taker said:

You know what I love..... 

How regardless of what any of you put on this internet message board isn't going to make ANY difference or influence the next AU HC. I am thankful for that because if it did factor into the equation then we would be screwed... 

Enjoy this UGLY win for what it is. 

Enjoy IHCCW for the rest of the season

Enjoy being an AU fan

Enjoy this team

Because the ones pulling for him to get it would be ready to burn him when he struggled (and he would struggle) you would essentially ruin him as an AUBURN GREAT because of emotional feelings right now. 

The ones shooting him down for the job quit trying to convince everyone that you are smarter and know better, this is a message board and you are here for the same reason the rest of us are, if you knew anything more you wouldn't be here you would be in the building making a decision on something. 

Why does it always have to be a fight, just Enjoy the time for what it is...

A GREAT DAY TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER 🐅 

Good lord. Relax. People have been miserable for friggin years.  Let them get sweep up in it. Everybody’s earned it.  We owe caddy a bunch. Personally, I don’t think he’s ready to be hc coach now,  but definitely he’s got potential. Ps this a huge public au board - you’d be surprised who reads it

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Good lord. Relax. People have been miserable for friggin years.  Let them get sweep up in it. Everybody’s earned it.  We owe caddy a bunch. Personally, I don’t think he’s ready to be hc coach now,  but definitely he’s got potential. Ps this a huge public au board - you’d be surprised who reads it

Ask Tennessee whether or not fan sentiment matters. If it didn’t, they’d have Greg Schiano right now and probably be 3-6. And we, of course, would have Kevin Steele.

Edited by AUght2win

Here's what I think we should focus on, outside the obvious (the win). 

Caddy was a great recruiter before and has now had two televised games hyping him up. Last week, they kept showing his accomplishments at AU, his draft pick, etc. Tonight was all about what a great motivator of men and leader he is. All of which is true. This should only increase his visibility and effectiveness on the trail. 

I suspect the next HC keeps him on staff and hopefully gives him a raise and new title. He will have more confidence and a better reputation than before. He will kill it for AU in his assistant role. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

Ask Tennessee whether or not fan sentiment matters. If it didn’t, they’d have Greg Schiano right now and probably be 3-6.

That says more about the poor management within the program than the fan influence... we're suppose to be irrational to a degree and pitch a fit but we should in no way be aboe influence the decisions of a programs decisions

It is great to see that Auburn fans can celebrate a win over an SECW team and enjoy the program feeling positive energy for the first time in a long time rather than debating the merit of permanently hiring a man that quickly pulled this program from a shitpile and bleeds orange and blue. 

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Caddy was a great recruiter before and has now had two televised games hyping him up. Last week, they kept showing his accomplishments at AU, his draft pick, etc. Tonight was all about what a great motivator of men and leader he is. All of which is true. This should only increase his visibility and effectiveness on the trail. 

I suspect the next HC keeps him on staff and hopefully gives him a raise and new title. He will have more confidence and a better reputation than before. He will kill it for AU in his assistant role. 

I agree, I think he is retained and made AHC and RC and possibly the RGC/RBC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taker said:

That says more about the poor management within the program than the fan influence... we're suppose to be irrational to a degree and pitch a fit but we should in no way be aboe influence the decisions of a programs decisions

What are you talking about? Fans should always have a general say and fan opinion should absolutely be considered when hiring a coach. If not out of common sense, it is just smart business. If you don’t, your stadium isn’t going to be full and your revenue is going to be way down.

Tonight was a fantastic win. I’m only mad they didn’t do this sooner. We WOULD have beaten at least one of Arky, OM, or MSU if Harsin had been fired before the bye like he should have been. Then this team would be bowling and get those precious extra practices. But nope. Roberts had to drag it out for no reason.

• Like 1

He’s great! But can we please just keep him as a coordinator? I’m so worried that some of us are going to push for this. I don’t think he’s ready just yet. 

please don’t hate me. 
Wde! Great win!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

Let’s add to that: hire prime, he assembles a senior nflish staff, they mentor caddy - meanwhile They’re  unleashed to get au’s first ever #1 recruiting class. 4 years later after a NC, Deion moves to his private island and swims with the dolphins in retirement, and Caddy becomes HC.

Solved it. My work here is done😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Tonight was a fantastic win. I’m only mad they didn’t do this sooner. We WOULD have beaten at least one of Arky, OM, or MSU if Harsin had been fired before the bye like he should have been. Then this team would be bowling and get those precious extra practices. But nope. Roberts had to drag it out for no reason.

Remember about 4 or 5 games into the season when some of us were saying we need to fire Harsin ASAP? And others were saying, no, what's the point, we have no clear interim HC on staff, it could get worse. And we said it can't get any worse and the players deserve better than Harsin?

This is the most clear example of addition by subtraction that I've ever seen. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We may even pull a bowl game with a WKU win. I imagine we’d be a “sexier” team with a losing record to get a bowl pick simply by being in the SEC and the television pull they’d get. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Let’s add to that: hire prime, he assembles a senior nflish staff, they mentor caddy - meanwhile They’re  unleashed to get au’s first ever #1 recruiting class. 4 years later after a NC, Deion moves to his private island and swims with the dolphins in retirement, and Caddy becomes HC.

Solved it. My work here is done😎

I don't hate it at all. 

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

You don’t hate it…. A double negative guy huh.  You have a bright future in politics ahead😇

Literally the last arena where I would thrive.