I’ve seen enough of Robby

NES

Robbie is very raw. The right coach or at least the right QB coach could get him in the right track. I don’t like the perspective of folks outright counting him out. We’ve seen bad QBs turn it around in the past. I think Robbie could be that kind of guy. He could also end up changing nothing. But it’s dumb to just call a redshirt freshman seeing his first few games of college action a bust this soon, especially with his physical gifts. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Robbie is very raw. The right coach or at least the right QB coach could get him in the right track. I don’t like the perspective of folks outright counting him out. We’ve seen bad QBs turn it around in the past. I think Robbie could be that kind of guy. He could also end up changing nothing. But it’s dumb to just call a redshirt freshman seeing his first few games of college action a bust this soon, especially with his physical gifts. 

Absolutely.  It's only his 1st college season.  That wheel route pass was just out of reach -- this game.  Give him a little time to develop & learn how to shake off the mistakes.  He could grow into job.    

10 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Absolutely.  It's only his 1st college season.  That wheel route pass was just out of reach -- this game.  Give him a little time to develop & learn how to shake off the mistakes.  He could grow into job.    

And also a competent QB coach

18 hours ago, NES said:

I’ve seen enough of Robby. War Eagle 

Making posts like this after a win during a season like the current one just screams troll.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Thank you.  That was a great example.  The inexperience gets you a little too excited.  Notice how Jarquez slowed up just a bit.  He knew the throw should be a lob.  Robby has to learn that when a guy is that wide open,,, you make it easy, you don't need the perfect pass.

• Like 1

I think the struggles of the O-line are [shockingly] a bit too hyperbolic. The line is bad, but there's plenty of opportunity for a decent quarterback to make plays with his arm. Robby is such an inept passer that he literally can't complete the most basic of throws. 

I've never seen a QB that Inaccurate turn into a serviceable quarterback prior to their senior year, and needless to say, he's not going to get anywhere near that much time.

He makes Nick Marshall look like Colt McCoy.

Edited by HabitualChiller

19 hours ago, NES said:

I’ve seen enough of Robby. War Eagle 

I've seen enough also, and he doesn't have the talent to start in the SEC.  Maybe not anywhere in D1.

I love his heart and effort, but he just can't get it done, even when his receivers are wide open.

Why hasn't Geriner been given an opportunity?  Probably because he isn't ready yet, which I could understand.

How many passes did we complete yesterday?  Less than 10?  For less than 100 yards?  I can't remember for sure.

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

Making posts like this after a win during a season like the current one just screams troll.

Not to mention it should have just been posted in the official game thread but some people, and this happens every saturday, turn a low level comment in to an entire thread because they just HAVE to be seen and heard

• Like 1

If you literally GAVE some people a new Corvette, they would complain about the trunk space and gas mileage. Nobody including Coach Williams can make an AMC Spirit a ' Vette. But he can find tune whatever he has and make it better. That is what a coach is about. 

I do understand that recruiting is key. That is not what we are discussing here.

Edited by JuscAUse!

18 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. This is by far the worst AU team in the last 15 years. Ashford belongs in a much smaller school  situation. You can’t win in this league just trying to run. Love caddy, but this offensive game plan is really pathetic. Oh well, there’s a long way to go with this football program. 

Naked Gun Face Palm GIF - Naked Gun Face Palm Funny GIFs

3 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Kinda agree kinda disagree, development should be visible game to game. Many of his negatives I just am dumbfounded by. I will always support every Auburn player and coach. Just very dumbfounded by his play as a passer more often than not 

5 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

Absolutely.  It's only his 1st college season

This is his 3rd football season.

I'll be interested to see what happens with Ashford. Guy is tough and a legit athlete.

He's got a long way to a QB.  He's in his 3rd year, but due to covid will just be a RS Soph next year. 

Can he develop into a good QB? If he can't, can he catch bc he seems like he'd be a good WR

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Not as a QB.

Huh? He went to Oregon as a DT QB out of HS.

Here he is on the depth chart during yhe 2021 season 

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/LongFormArticle/Oregon-Ducks-Football-Depth-Chart-Cal-Golden-Bears-Football-Week-Six-Mario-Cristobal-Anthony-Brown-Noah-Sewell-Kayvon-Thibodeaux-Justin-Flowe-172961472/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I am only repeating what Kirby said in his pre-game (AU game) where he was asked about RA. He said he recruited RA but he chose to go to Oregon. He also said while he was st Oregon he was i. The WR/athelete room, not the QB room at Oregon.

Robbie just needs to settle down.  His thinking is far too emotional.  He must learn to get into the zone, play without overthinking.  He needs more confidence.

He needs more confidence in his offensive line.  The game isn't too fast for him.  He's making the game too fast for himself.

I understand the frustration with the mistakes but, I do not understand how anyone cannot also recognize the level of potential.

22 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I am only repeating what Kirby said in his pre-game (AU game) where he was asked about RA. He said he recruited RA but he chose to go to Oregon. He also said while he was st Oregon he was i. The WR/athelete room, not the QB room at Oregon.

Idk who Kirby is, but would be pretty weird for him to be a WR at practice yet listed on the official QB depth chart

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Kirby Smart of UGA fame.

Is this serious? Why would he know about Ashford and his time at Oregon?

All I’ve heard is that he was a QB at Oregon and didn’t play a snap in 2 years.  He is fast and deer-quick.  He’s very emotional and I also heard a few coaches say that’s why he was passed over during HS recruiting.  I’m no expert and not bashing, but he does tend to throw bullets from centerfield. Hey we won, I’m happy.  WDE