I’ve seen enough of Robby

NES

9 minutes ago, NES said:

I’ve seen enough of Robby. War Eagle 

Agree. This is by far the worst AU team in the last 15 years. Ashford belongs in a much smaller school  situation. You can’t win in this league just trying to run. Love caddy, but this offensive game plan is really pathetic. Oh well, there’s a long way to go with this football program. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 5

1 hour ago, NES said:

Still got 2 more games to get your belly full. He is the best option at the moment. 

• Like 3

He’s awful but there is no other option right now. It is what it is. Enjoy the win, get through the season, and then let’s fix this mess. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately Auburn doesn't have anyone to replace him.  Holden would look as bad as Texas A&M's QB behind their 5* Oline.  Maybe Lindsey or Sawyer could do something?  I'd rather have Robby than TJ.  At this point we're along for the ride until Auburn can recruit a new Oline and QB.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. This is by far the worst AU team in the last 15 years. Ashford belongs in a much smaller school  situation. You can’t win in this league just trying to run. Love caddy, but this offensive game plan is really pathetic. Oh well, there’s a long way to go with this football program. 

This team would beat 2012 by 24 at this point in the season.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NES said:

ZXZX.gif.70e26df1df787b63803f06f686f09b31.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

He’s awful but there is no other option right now. It is what it is. Enjoy the win, get through the season, and then let’s fix this mess. 

No other option? There’s a 4 star QB that’s much more likely to hit a basic check down who has been sitting on the bench. 

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Not quit the worst... and the gameplan wasn't pathetic the execution wasn't the best that it could have been... they realized (like DJ did) that Robbie wasn't able to make the passes tonight so they went one dimensional to try to control the game. 

16 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

This team would beat 2012 by 24 at this point in the season.

No doubt 2012 was checked out and gone by this point... least these guys still play with all heart

9 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

Say what you will about Robbie, but justified or not, 50% of our QBs quit on the AU team this year. Robbie is the best we have, accept it. 

That is his absolute best attribute that he brings to the table. He WANTS to be here and despite what some say he is genuinely giving his all for AU. Is it good, No but tonight it was ENOUGH and I'll take that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

No other option? There’s a 4 star QB that’s much more likely to hit a basic check down who has been sitting on the bench. 

How do we know that he could? I want to believe that he could but say we put him in there, he struggles, rabid fans tear him to shreds, he regresses and becomes JJ 2.0 and now we don't have a 4* QB to start fresh with in the spring and work him into the *NEW system... 

• Like 2

That's the way to find the negatives in everything!! Great job!! 

• Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed

Bo wasn’t all that good last year with this team. We see what he’s done in a better situation. Not saying Robby would do exactly the same but man he’s in a tough spot and playing his butt off. Cut him some slack. He didn’t pull a TJ

At this point I'd rather lose with Robby than win with TJ or Zach.

Robby cares about Auburn. Can't say the same about the other 2.

Edited by jknighton
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Dude we are 4-6 with 2 games left on the season and we have the worst O-Line I’ve ever seen. There’s literally no point in trotting our freshman QB out there just to get scramble his brain 

Unfortunately Robbie ain’t got it but he can at least escape the pressure with his quickness. Also he does try and he fights for the team. Let him have his last two games. 

This!!!!!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

They aren’t gonna risk ruining that kid for no reason with a crap O-line in a disaster of a season. If Caddy thinks he’s the best option to win he will play, otherwise Robby is our best viable option for the immediate future. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Taker said:

How do we know that he could? I want to believe that he could but say we put him in there, he struggles, rabid fans tear him to shreds, he regresses and becomes JJ 2.0 and now we don't have a 4* QB to start fresh with in the spring and work him into the *NEW system... 

Exactly!!! Harsin and staff didn't put him out there. Now Caddy and staff also haven't put him out there. They have to have a reason why they haven't. Whether they don't want him hurt behind our O-Line or don't want his confidence to be ruined, I trust them.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1

Man this seems like a really weird path to take after a win. At this point the coaches  and players have pretty much accepted Robby for what he is . Hopefully Auburn gets a big lead next week and Holden gets some PT. Otherwise roll with Robby and let it play out. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 7

15 years? Any chance you were in a coma around the year, say, 2012?