I’ve seen enough of Robby

NES

Robbie is the only option at the present, although not an ideal one. TJ is a basket case and Holden needs more seasoning.

20 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

They aren’t gonna risk ruining that kid for no reason with a crap O-line in a disaster of a season. If Caddy thinks he’s the best option to win he will play, otherwise Robby is our best viable option for the immediate future. 

Not entirely sure how giving him reps “ruins” him. I guess we’ll never know if he was the better option, but the alt gave the ball away three times tonight. 

5 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Robbie is the only option at the present, although not an ideal one. TJ is a basket case and Holden needs more seasoning.

Whatever happened to Finley? He was suppose to be week to week and he's missed practically the whole season? 

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

Whatever happened to Finley? He was suppose to be week to week and he's missed practically the whole season? 

He apparently is not handling it very well that he is not playing.

Man I keep seeing the same reasoning over and over here. TJ is gone and so is Calzada. We are left with RA and HG. Robbie couldn’t hit my grandfathers barn from 5 feet. He would make a hell of an athlete other than qb. He literally threw a hand off at tank tonight.  

Secondly, all these posts about “we can’t put HG out there behind this crap o-line”.  There were more times than not that the line gave plenty of time to the qb and nothing happened. 

I don’t know that HG is the answer but I certainly don’t buy these nonsense reasons for not putting him in. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, TecmoBoJackson said:

Man I keep seeing the same reasoning over and over here. TJ is gone and so is Calzada. We are left with RA and HG. Robbie couldn’t hit my grandfathers barn from 5 feet. He would make a hell of an athlete other than qb. He literally threw a hand off at tank tonight.  

Secondly, all these posts about “we can’t put HG out there behind this crap o-line”.  There were more times than not that the line gave plenty of time to the qb and nothing happened. 

I don’t know that HG is the answer but I certainly don’t buy these nonsense reasons for not putting him in. 

I definitely don’t think HG would have thrown a handoff because he took a bad angle on said handoff. That was really bad.

However, if you have never played under center and you turn to hand off and know you are not going to make it, you might panic if you haven’t been coached well. 

3 hours ago, NES said:

I’ve seen enough of Robby. War Eagle 

He is all we have. Just think, people on this board thought both he and TJ were better than Bo. 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
7 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

He wants another year of eligibility 

9 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Love caddy, but this offensive game plan is really pathetic.

I think he did the best he could with the hand he was dealt. We had two backs over 100 yards and no discernible passing game to help loosen up the defense to allow the running game to really be effective as it could have been. Our problem is no quarterback.

• Like 1

We’ve completed 13 passes in two weeks of football. We can beat WKU at home next week with that, but not Bama. HG doesn’t need to throw for 300 yards. But we need a QB capable of completing basic throws to have a shot at Bama. It’s usually the throwers game and a package for the runner but AU needs to let RA do his thing while having a package for HG on passing downs. 

• Like 1

Surely we can throw some short out or crossing routes to loosen up the D. I think we threw a couple screens, and noting deep. 

12 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Love caddy, but this offensive game plan is really pathetic. 

Given that we have a QB that can't hit the side of a wall, I thought last nights game plan was the best thing I've seen all year. When something was working we kept using it, and we actually had some plays that were creative.

Western Kentucky is a losable game and Bama, well I would be shocked if we score a point. But I think the point is - if Harsin was here, we would have lost last night.

Edited by wareagle7298
  • Like 2

The most frustrating thing for me about Ashford is that it doesn't look like he even considers throwing the ball.  As soon as the ball is snapped his eyes seem to be down at the O-line looking for a lane to run.  If that's the play that is called (QB run play), fine but I don't see him going through progressions.  I have heard others say that at times he had open receivers downfield but it is clear that his instinct is to run.  Reminds me of when I used to play Madden with my 10 y/o kid.  Video game football tactics.

I really love the want to from  Ashford but he is just not a very good game manager. He seems to get in his own way too many times. He makes a spectacular play then 2 bonehead plays. The whatever that was to Tank the ended in a turnover was a WTH is he doing moment. Missed badly a wide open Hunter for a definite TD. That’s 10 points we missed out on. I really love the kid and I wish greatness for him. Wishing he could be Marshall 2.0 but he does not make many in good game decisions…. 

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

Finley’s having what you call a tantrum. 

He and his entire family is mad he’s not getting playing time.  His mother demanding McGlynn and the AD “keep the in the loop” about the coaching search is insanity.  

After Finley made that instagram post right after Harsin was fired, I would not be surprised to learn that Caddy may have encouraged his “mental break” away from the team.  Don’t need that toxicity right now. 

58 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

Given that we have a QB that can't hit the side of a wall, I thought last nights game plan was the best thing I've seen all year. When something was working we kept using it, and we actually had some plays that were creative.

Western Kentucky is a losable game and Bama, well I would be shocked if we score a point. But I think the point is - if Harsin was here, we would have lost last night.

We definitely would have lost with Harsin.  Defense has really stepped up….I’m not sure how much people could see on TV but they were going crazy on the sidelines, etc.  

Also not sure if they showed Robby after he missed Hunter on that pass where he was streaking down the sideline with nothing but green grass in his way.  His disappointment in himself was palpable.  He stood and faced the north end zone and just hung his head for a minute and a couple of players went over to console him.

The kid is just not a world beater QB but he has heart and the will that is for sure.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. This is by far the worst AU team in the last 15 years. Ashford belongs in a much smaller school  situation. You can’t win in this league just trying to run. Love caddy, but this offensive game plan is really pathetic. Oh well, there’s a long way to go with this football program. 

You're kidding about the pathetic game plan, right?  Let's review:  AU has hard-running, explosive RBs, the starting QB is a better runner than passer & TAMU has a really porous rush defense.  Capt Obvious on Jeopardy would be like "Alex, I'll take Run the Damn Ball for $1,000 please."  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. This is by far the worst AU team in the last 15 years. Ashford belongs in a much smaller school  situation. You can’t win in this league just trying to run. Love caddy, but this offensive game plan is really pathetic. Oh well, there’s a long way to go with this football program. 

Terrible take.

• Like 1

Robby has had one year of "on the job training".  His athleticism is undeniable.  His decision making is highly questionable.  That can be fixed with coaching, continuity, experience.

I would reserve judgment until seeing what kind of progress he makes in the off season.  His upside is still very, very high.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Robby has had one year of "on the job training".  His athleticism is undeniable.  His decision making is highly questionable.  That can be fixed with coaching, continuity, experience.

I would reserve judgment until seeing what kind of progress he makes in the off season.  His upside is still very, very high.

As a quarterback? You can’t be serious lmao