I have never been prouder.

'76 Tiger

Guest MustardSeed

Caddy exemplifies why having a coach with true character is paramount for the Auburn family. Give us somebody we can get behind and respect and the sky is the limit. Pat Dye had it. No one since has had it like that til now. I’m not even sure Dye had it like Caddy does as I was in middle school when he got railroaded. 
Not real sure who out there qualifies to have what Caddy has and the experience needed…but there is certainly a couple on our “list” that clearly do not have “it”. 
Thanks Caddy for putting that on full display tonight!  The Auburn family is blessed to have you!

Think of the possiblities left on the field the last almost 2 years. If there had been any semblance of respect and regard shown for the players, how different could then have played out?

Trying times for sure but the Auburn Spirit lives! WDE

• Like 4

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Not me.  Its easy to be proud when things are going well.  Real Auburn showed up tonight.

This was the Auburn that I love and have missed.  A community pulling together.

Prouder than 2004, 2010, and 2013? 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Not me.  Its easy to be proud when things are going well.  Real Auburn showed up tonight.

Can’t remember the last time I’ve seen the student section show up early and stay late like that. Very cool scenes at Auburn today.

• Like 5

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Tonight was an example of everything that is right with Auburn athletics. The fans/alumni show up/out, the players laid it all out, and the coaches did everything they could for the players. Absolutely a great night and I'd say the same thing if the score was reversed.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

Prouder than 2004, 2010, and 2013? 

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Absolutely.  If winning is the only thing that makes you proud, then you don't get Auburn.

100% I still find it hilarious that some only focus on W/L all of that is good and well when you are suppose to win (04,10,13) that is a metric that goes into W/L focus. When you're bad and not suppose to win but you FIGHT and GIVE all of you for your FAMILY..... @Brad_ATXsaid it best. I am more proud of this team than any I have seen in a long time. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Absolutely.  If winning is the only thing that makes you proud, then you don't get Auburn.

Never said that winning is the only thing that makes me proud. I just said I’ve been prouder than tonight. Do I prefer winning? Absolutely. That’s what I expect out of our great program. Our fan base, players, and loyal coaches showed resilience tonight. That absolutely makes me proud.  But we barely survived meeting our all team losing streak record tonight. We’ve had too many great seasons to say this is my proudest moment. Therefore, I’ve been prouder. I will say that this is definitely the best moment of this season. 

The irony is that this thread probably wouldn’t exist if we lost. 

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I wish we were playing Bama at home this year. 

Could you imagine a Coach Caddy Iron  Bowl victory at Jordan-Hare? 

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

None of those teams made me cry tears when they took the field.  Tonight I absolutely did.

Again, its EASY to be proud when we win.  But seeing AU get off the mat and show some fight despite the season we've had is like a dad being proud of his kid for pushing forward despite obstacles.  It hits different.

Yeah, the old school, arms linked, fog, Coach Tuberville walk out. The absolutely rabid fans for a 3-6 team that has been relegated to the dungeon. The presence of all the former greats. Definitely, it hit different tonight. War Damn Eagle!! 💙🧡

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

None of those teams made me cry tears when they took the field.  Tonight I absolutely did.

Again, its EASY to be proud when we win.  But seeing AU get off the mat and show some fight despite the season we've had is like a dad being proud of his kid for pushing forward despite obstacles.  It hits different.

It was a huge and emotional win for our program, I’ll agree with you there. We all have good reason to be excited about the future. War Eagle 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Could you imagine a Coach Caddy Iron  Bowl victory at Jordan-Hare? 

Could you imagine a packed Jordan-Hare  After the Iron bowl welcoming Coach Caddy and team back home? Win or Lose

• Like 1

I was prepared to start the “It’s great to be an Auburn Tiger” chant, win or lose, because Caddy is helping us all to reconnect with why we love Auburn.  I was pleased with how many fans stayed, because it was soooo cold!!! I wish we had had a little better weather so that nobody would have left.  I didn’t hear the grumbling in the stands, even though there were plenty of mistakes made in this game.  I think Caddy has helped us to remember that these kids need our support, especially through the tough times.  He’s really a special coach.  

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Driving back to Bham listening to the post game show, Keionte Scott was interviewed -- very well spoken -- talked about how cold it was yet the Auburn Family showed up and showed out, every player interviewed spoke about Caddy's emotion and then Caddy spoke, or at least tried.  His voice was nearly gone.  He talked about Brother Chet and getting him back into the guts of the program like he was in 2004.   He said we are changing young men's lives.  God he has so much passion and love for Auburn.  Give me a Cadillac over a Lame Kitten.

• Like 2