I have never been prouder.

'76 Tiger

That was more than just a football game tonight, that was an experience. You could feel how special it was as you watched from home and see it by the reaction of the players and those in the stadium. There was a big smile on almost everyone's face most of the night as the fans cheered the team on. You could tell the fans were having fun all night. The team got a lift from this experience and played very hard, that came through too. Caddy is something special and has done a wonderful job for Auburn. Yes, it was a special night.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

The 10 minutes that the SECN showed after the game is why Auburn is one of the best jobs for a head coach in the country. We should aim high and get whoever we want.

I noticed that too. The SECN didn't want to leave that game after it was over. They knew something special was going on and they wanted people to see it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Can’t remember the last time I’ve seen the student section show up early and stay late like that. Very cool scenes at Auburn today.

They were there early and in force.

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Worst game I’ve ever so thoroughly enjoyed in my life. Amazing. No substitute for pure nutty passion. WDE

Ditto! 

52 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

That was more than just a football game tonight, that was an experience. You could feel how special it was as you watched from home and see it by the reaction of the players and those in the stadium. There was a big smile on almost everyone's face most of the night as the fans cheered the team on. You could tell the fans were having fun all night. The team got a lift from this experience and played very hard, that came through too. Caddy is something special and has done a wonderful job for Auburn. Yes, it was a special night.

46 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I noticed that too. The SECN didn't want to leave that game after it was over. They knew something special was going on and they wanted people to see it. 

I honestly believe this could only happen at Auburn! To include overseas soccer teams, the NFL, the rest of the SEC, Big Ten etc. Who else could come in after losing five in a row with a three and six record and generate this emotional, passion and excitement for a ball game! The fact that Auburn won just made it all the better! Again, this could only happen in Auburn, Alabama!

War Eagle! 🦅 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Indeed! In Cole’s post game interview Caddy said these kids needed love and to know it was ok to make a mistake. Making it ok to try and fail is a huge motivator.

• Like 3

After the last two seasons I had reached a point that I had never experienced  as a life long Auburn fan. I could barely watch a game and actually turned them off with frustration  and being upset with abbn seemingly  totally uncaring, inept and statue of a SEC Coach. The last two games I have stayed emotionally invloved and glued to the games. Last night Cadi  the crowd and players brought my passion and desire back for Auburn Football.  The  future and possibilities are endless for Auburn. With the fans, campus, students and top facilities  we can be great again. Thank you Coach William's and other Auburn Coaches  who are giving there all. You have inspired the players and me as a lifetime Auburn guy to not give up!  War Eagle and I LOVE AUBURN!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

Never said that winning is the only thing that makes me proud. I just said I’ve been prouder than tonight. Do I prefer winning? Absolutely. That’s what I expect out of our great program. Our fan base, players, and loyal coaches showed resilience tonight. That absolutely makes me proud.  But we barely survived meeting our all team losing streak record tonight. We’ve had too many great seasons to say this is my proudest moment. Therefore, I’ve been prouder. I will say that this is definitely the best moment of this season. 

The irony is that this thread probably wouldn’t exist if we lost. 

The first team Pay Dye coached is the last time I have been this proud. He pretty much ran off the only "star" players we had at the time and set about building a foundation of team and toughness that lasted years. That team had no business being competitive in the SEC , much less winning against a mid level team in the league. But they were only blown out of one game and were fighting the quality teams until the last second. Everyone knew we were back, and it was only a matter of time before AU not only beat them physically, but also beat them on the score board. That team is one of my all time favorite teams. That team gave AU fans hope, just by playing as hard as they could. Just like this team. Caddy's team isn't good, but they will play their a$$ off for AU and their coach. That's all you can ask at this point.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

What I loved is how Caddy’s energy is contagious.  Those other coaches on the sidelines were coaching with just as much energy and love as Caddy.  I don’t think Will Friend could have ever had as much fun at a game as he did last night.  Those kids were awful at times, but they believed and felt love.  Kids will run through a brick wall for you if they know that you believe in them.  No one is under the delusion that we are good, but I can’t imagine how badly Harsin treated these kids and what a lift to their spirits Caddy is.  

Honestly, I don’t know that Harsin treated kids “badly”, but it is so obvious that he did not love on them.  You can’t have discipline without love, or the correction just tears them down.  I think this is the core of why Harsin did not work at Auburn.  

So well said!!!

10 hours ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

Never said that winning is the only thing that makes me proud. I just said I’ve been prouder than tonight. Do I prefer winning? Absolutely. That’s what I expect out of our great program. Our fan base, players, and loyal coaches showed resilience tonight. That absolutely makes me proud.  But we barely survived meeting our all team losing streak record tonight. We’ve had too many great seasons to say this is my proudest moment. Therefore, I’ve been prouder. I will say that this is definitely the best moment of this season. 

The irony is that this thread probably wouldn’t exist if we lost. 

It may have been a post, rather than a thread, but my original statement would have been posted if we had fought hard and lost.

1 hour ago, JuscAUse! said:

The first team Pay Dye coached is the last time I have been this proud. He pretty much ran off the only "star" players we had at the time and set about building a foundation of team and toughness that lasted years. That team had no business being competitive in the SEC , much less winning against a mid level team in the league. But they were only blown out of one game and were fighting the quality teams until the last second. Everyone knew we were back, and it was only a matter of time before AU not only beat them physically, but also beat them on the score board. That team is one of my all time favorite teams. That team gave AU fans hope, just by playing as hard as they could. Just like this team. Caddy's team isn't good, but they will play their a$$ off for AU and their coach. That's all you can ask at this point.

I agree.  Last week I thought of Coach Dye's post-game speech to the guys after the heart-breaking 1981 game.  Coach 'Lac evokes the same courage and devotion.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Honestly, I don’t know that Harsin treated kids “badly”, but it is so obvious that he did not love on them.  You can’t have discipline without love, or the correction just tears them down.  I think this is the core of why Harsin did not work at Auburn.  

Beautifully stated.  

Discipline without love is punishment.  Players crave discipline and deserve the love needed to make it take hold.  

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I cannot recall what home game it was in 2012 but we lost the game and it was a very low point for our team but the fans at the end of the game serenaded the team with “It’s great to be an Auburn Tiger”. That was incredible and I didn’t think that moment couldn’t be outdone until last night. OMG, Caddy is the best thing that could have happened to Auburn. Right place right time is so on point .

We as a fanbase can be extremely fanatical, but dang we love our team!! 

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I have been to hundreds of Auburn games but this one will be high on the list of all time favorites. You could just feel the difference in the energy on campus from the time we parked our car. The pregame videos brought me to tears and seeing Caddy come out locked arm and arm with the players. The crowd never let up cheering for the players and they were so excited! Definitely one of my all time favorite days on the plains. It is always great to be an Auburn tiger!

The post game interview was something. If Caddy had invoked "Wrasslin with dem angels" from CPD, that would have done it, and I might well have cried! 

13 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I was prepared to start the “It’s great to be an Auburn Tiger” chant, win or lose, because Caddy is helping us all to reconnect with why we love Auburn.  I was pleased with how many fans stayed, because it was soooo cold!!! I wish we had had a little better weather so that nobody would have left.  I didn’t hear the grumbling in the stands, even though there were plenty of mistakes made in this game.  I think Caddy has helped us to remember that these kids need our support, especially through the tough times.  He’s really a special coach.  

He’s a special person that happens to coach!!

The game last night was really special.  Despite all the negative stuff that has happened, the bad record, the bad losses that make up that record, the constant negative press that Auburn has had for the last 2 or 3 years, despite ALL of that, the Auburn family came together and believed in the team and the coach, and the team played their hearts out for each other and for the Auburn name across their jerseys.  It was evident even thru the TV screen that Auburn is a special place, and the great TV coverage we got of that love, excitement, and togetherness did more for Auburn's image in the conference and on the national scene in one night than anything in the last 8 years!  The SEC network knew it and kept the footage rolling log after the game was over, and for the first time this season we can ALL be extremely proud of our program.

• Thanks 1

If Auburn were AUditioning for a new coach, I think we passed with flying colors. Who wouldn’t want to come coach in front of THAT AUsome atmosphere?!? The recruits at the game had to be impressed also!!

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Thanks 1

I wore my AU hat today at work and got so many complimentary remarks about Cadillac and how much they enjoyed the game last night. I can’t recall ever having that many opposing teams’ fans going out of their way to speak so highly of Auburn. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I wore my AU hat today at work and got so many complimentary remarks about Cadillac and how much they enjoyed the game last night. I can’t recall ever having that many opposing teams’ fans going out of their way to speak so highly of Auburn. 

I wore my 2004 SEC Championship Sweatshirt today, In honor of Cadillac. I think I may have put on a pound or two since I last wore it last😁

• Haha 2