George Carlin - It's A BIG Club & You Ain't In It!

DKW 86

He understood what politics really is.  He understood the differences between rhetoric and reality.

Our government is openly for sale.  We argue mostly meaningless issues while this one big overreaching truth becomes more and more entrenched.

• Like 1

Elections are a good time to remind myself that we are pretty much choosing which group we think will be slowest in driving us over the cliff.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Elections are a good time to remind myself that we are pretty much choosing which group we think will be slowest in driving us over the cliff.

Sadly, this statement is a pretty good reflection of our average understanding of power, politics, history.

49 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

He understood what politics really is.  He understood the differences between rhetoric and reality.

Our government is openly for sale.  We argue mostly meaningless issues while this one big overreaching truth becomes more and more entrenched.

You keep beating this dead horse.  What are you going to do about it other then complain?  Is you solution——-vote Democrat?   What will that get us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You keep beating this dead horse.  What are you going to do about it other then complain?  Is you solution——-vote Democrat?   What will that get us?

To the cliff about a half hour later...

20 hours ago, AUDub said:

Carlin would have been the ultimate anti-Trumper. 

He would also be completely Anti-Biden as well. Or dont you get that?

20 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

On this, WE ARE 100% AGREED.

• Thanks 1

I may have been describing myself wrong. I guess I am a Carlinist-Prog. 

While advocating for M4A, MWI, UBI, Tuition Reform, no more unauthorized wars, etc I understand that the only thing out there that will deliver any of that doesnt exist at this point in time.

With the DNC in charge of the Senate, the HOR, and the WH, we could not even get a meaningless vote to raise the Minimum Wage. Think on that for a while...

Seems to fit here, too. Don't be misled by the tweet's text.

I don't know if any of you were at AU in the late 80s or early 90s, but Carlin was at Beard Eaves one night. He was extremely entertaining and funny.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, creed said:

I don't know if any of you were at AU in the late 80s or early 90s, but Carlin was at Beard Eaves one night. He was extremely entertaining and funny.

1989. Have the ticket stub somewhere...and yes, he was excellent. 👍

• Like 1