Jump to content

Remember the kids’ comments in Feb?


AUght2win
 Share

Recommended Posts





1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Remember when players were leaving last February and guys like Smoke said they felt Harsin didn’t care for them as people? Didn’t get to know them? Remember how some people mocked the idea that that was a problem? That Harsin “was there to coach and not to be a friend”?

You’re now seeing the results of the polar opposite approach to coaching young men. Cadillac has reiterated the emphasis of his role as a mentor in his players’ lives. He talks about how it’s bigger than football and that seems to be his priority. He revealed last night in the presser that he has encouraged his players to be vulnerable and open up to the coaches and their teammates. He even cited his coaches going back to peewee on how they shaped his life, and how he wants to do the same.

Pretty clear case study of how crucial the human element is at this level. Maybe in the NFL it doesn’t matter. But these players are still kids. Great on Cadillac for loving on them.

Preach it.   So very true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I remember explaining all of this a while ago and people getting so angry about it......

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Judging by the number of views to comments ratio, no one really cares..:dunno:

Is there a rule stating that people have to comment in order to like a statement? What was the purpose of your reply? People are so petty…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Is there a rule stating that people have to comment in order to like a statement? What was the purpose of your reply? People are so petty…

Lol clearly one of the people the op mentioned.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Remember when players were leaving last February and guys like Smoke said they felt Harsin didn’t care for them as people? Didn’t get to know them? Remember how some people mocked the idea that that was a problem? That Harsin “was there to coach and not to be a friend”?

You’re now seeing the results of the polar opposite approach to coaching young men. Cadillac has reiterated the emphasis of his role as a mentor in his players’ lives. He talks about how it’s bigger than football and that seems to be his priority. He revealed last night in the presser that he has encouraged his players to be vulnerable and open up to the coaches and their teammates. He even cited his coaches going back to peewee on how they shaped his life, and how he wants to do the same.

Pretty clear case study of how crucial the human element is at this level. Maybe in the NFL it doesn’t matter. But these players are still kids. Great on Cadillac for loving on them.

Listening to Caddy talk in some instances, he's confirming those rumors without actually saying outright.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol clearly one of the people the op mentioned.

What? Me? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Remember when players were leaving last February and guys like Smoke said they felt Harsin didn’t care for them as people? Didn’t get to know them? Remember how some people mocked the idea that that was a problem? That Harsin “was there to coach and not to be a friend”?

You’re now seeing the results of the polar opposite approach to coaching young men. Cadillac has reiterated the emphasis of his role as a mentor in his players’ lives. He talks about how it’s bigger than football and that seems to be his priority. He revealed last night in the presser that he has encouraged his players to be vulnerable and open up to the coaches and their teammates. He even cited his coaches going back to peewee on how they shaped his life, and how he wants to do the same.

Pretty clear case study of how crucial the human element is at this level. Maybe in the NFL it doesn’t matter. But these players are still kids. Great on Cadillac for loving on them.

Yep. And I for one, underestimated how bad it had become. I was way wrong during that period of time 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Is there a rule stating that people have to comment in order to like a statement? What was the purpose of your reply? People are so petty…

I was expecting more reaction, is all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I remember explaining all of this a while ago and people getting so angry about it......

Yeah, we all remember..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Listening to Caddy talk in some instances, he's confirming those rumors without actually saying outright.

I see the same thing in his comments.  In listening to Cadillac's comments post game last night about the players needing to be loved and to know that they can make mistakes, it sure seemed like he was indirectly speaking about the recently departed coaches.  Thanks, Cadillac! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Yeah, we all remember..

86k were there caring last night. The reason everyone loves Cadillac so much is they know his devotion to the school and to the players. He’s the anti-Harsin. And it matters. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

86k were there caring last night. The reason everyone loves Cadillac so much is they know his devotion to the school and to the players. He’s the anti-Harsin. And it matters. 

Actually, I'd say Harsin is the anti-Cadillac, & it didn't work at all, but only because I wouldn't say Caddy is "anti" anything given how positive he is.  :)   I'm guessing most of us saw Tank's comment that the Auburn spirit is back after it's been missing, that Caddy brought it back "into the building." In my view last night was about celebrating the return of that spirit as much as it was about the win. After a miserable stretch, an Auburn Saturday was fun again. I'm really grateful.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Remember when players were leaving last February and guys like Smoke said they felt Harsin didn’t care for them as people? Didn’t get to know them? Remember how some people mocked the idea that that was a problem? That Harsin “was there to coach and not to be a friend”?

You’re now seeing the results of the polar opposite approach to coaching young men. Cadillac has reiterated the emphasis of his role as a mentor in his players’ lives. He talks about how it’s bigger than football and that seems to be his priority. He revealed last night in the presser that he has encouraged his players to be vulnerable and open up to the coaches and their teammates. He even cited his coaches going back to peewee on how they shaped his life, and how he wants to do the same.

Pretty clear case study of how crucial the human element is at this level. Maybe in the NFL it doesn’t matter. But these players are still kids. Great on Cadillac for loving on them.

There were a lot of posters here who blew the players off. Even after 20 left, many of them saying they loved Auburn but had to make a change there were people posting about those leaving being slackers and malcontents.

Last night the players and fans showed what a joy it was to be rid of the negative coaching situation and return to the Auburn Family way of doing things. War Eagle and thank God and thank Greyhound that other outfit is gone.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I definitely remember and I bring it up any chance that I get and I’m going to keep doing it. A lot of that had to do with fans being tired of Gus, so they liked the “no nonsense” approach.
 

Fans thought the criticisms were from guys being “too soft” and I always said that was BS. Too many fans bought into the “culture” stuff and ended up looking stupid.
 

If your players are saying something you listen to them instead of making fun of them and calling them soft. Now we see who actually ended up being right in the end.  Life is about balance, so is coaching. These guys can take tough coaching but they still need to be treated like human beings too

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Actually, I'd say Harsin is the anti-Cadillac, & it didn't work at all, but only because I wouldn't say Caddy is "anti" anything given how positive he is.  :)   I'm guessing most of us saw Tank's comment that the Auburn spirit is back after it's been missing, that Caddy brought it back "into the building." In my view last night was about celebrating the return of that spirit as much as it was about the win. After a miserable stretch, an Auburn Saturday was fun again. I'm really grateful.

In some strange way, this might also help Harsin grow as a coach. LAC seems more as a mentor and family. Something these kids obviously need.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, auskull said:

In some strange way, this might also help Harsin grow as a coach. LAC seems more as a mentor and family. Something these kids obviously need.  

screw harsin. either pride or stupidity had him almost destroying our football program. dye was known for his hell on earth practices but only a few left his program. as hard as he worked his teams the players knew he loved them. i cannot say that about harsin. the only person harsin cared about was himself. if he cannot treat kids right when he coaches them i hope he never coaches again. and before some of you jump me just remember all the horror stories have not come out yet. i do not believe he should be allowed to destroy kids self esteem and pride. ever...........

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yep. And I for one, underestimated how bad it had become. I was way wrong during that period of time 

I remember when Houston Nutt was coach at ole sis.   They showed some kids in their Halloween costumes.    They were dressed as a zombie ole miss football player and a zombie ole miss cheerleader.   They held up a sign that said Houston Nutt has sucked the life out of me.   That is the way I felt about Harsin.   He sucked the life out of Auburn.   

Edited by alabastertiger
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a great quote from Mark Murphy's column in this week's ITAT newsletter: " Since the coaching change it is like a dark cloud has been lifted and brighter days are on the horizon for Auburn football."

The thing that amazes me is how many of our AU fans continued with the "Hard for Harsin" crap. There was a very dark cloud and many never saw it until the very end.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since I've been on here I've explained how there's only a couple of ways a coach can lose a team and if a coach is losing a team it's a really big deal because it would mean there are huge problems in the program.....It's nothing to make light of.

We are so used to losing random players that people sort of shrugged it off. There were way too many though

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Here's a great quote from Mark Murphy's column in this week's ITAT newsletter: " Since the coaching change it is like a dark cloud has been lifted and brighter days are on the horizon for Auburn football."

The thing that amazes me is how many of our AU fans continued with the "Hard for Harsin" crap. There was a very dark cloud and many never saw it until the very end.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong or misjudged a situation. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

There were a lot of posters here who blew the players off. Even after 20 left, many of them saying they loved Auburn but had to make a change there were people posting about those leaving being slackers and malcontents.

Last night the players and fans showed what a joy it was to be rid of the negative coaching situation and return to the Auburn Family way of doing things. War Eagle and thank God and thank Greyhound that other outfit is gone.

Yep. These were not "rumors". Fans didn't want to hear it because for some unfounded and incomprehensible reason they were all convinced that Harsin was a great coach.  Some of those kids were flat out telling people their experiences with Harsin and instead of believing the group of people who would be in the best position to know, they chose to believe the actual rumor that Harsin was fabulous based on nothing really substantial. Then for 2 years they blamed Gus for Harsin's cold ineptitude. 

The celebration of a dark cloud being lifted was pretty obvious. Caddy has chosen to be discreet and professional, and it's just another thing I love about him. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...