Remember the kids’ comments in Feb?

AUght2win

I imagine that most Auburn fans are like me . . . I didn't know what to think in February.  I hoped that Harsin was just instilling some culture changes and that it was just some players who didn't "fit" or were "weak", etc.  But, I wondered if there was any truth to the rumors.  But like most Auburn fans, I didn't really know where the truth resided.  Regardless, I'm happy we are past the Harsin era and am hopeful that we will soon be waking to the next bright chapter!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, AUght2win said:

86k were there caring last night. The reason everyone loves Cadillac so much is they know his devotion to the school and to the players. He’s the anti-Harsin. And it matters. 

Caddy was the elixir this team needed for this time. He’s doing a great job holding things together, actually making things better. Morale, attitude, etc. are all building blocks to climb out of this mess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Since I've been on here I've explained how there's only a couple of ways a coach can lose a team and if a coach is losing a team it's a really big deal because it would mean there are huge problems in the program.....It's nothing to make light of.

We are so used to losing random players that people sort of shrugged it off. There were way too many though

Losing Derek Mason, to this day, is an unprecedented thing. Like, I knew something was BAD-bad at the point.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Losing Derek Mason, to this day, is an unprecedented thing. Like, I knew something was BAD-bad at the point.

Yep. Now after the fact though people at least acknowledging the situation for the DC we have now!

• Like 1

I'll never forget all the alpha male posts. That's the funniest memory. The alpha male stuff and the wr's messed up 13 times or whatever and when it was debunked the thread was IMMEDIATELY locked 😂😂😂

People got so damn angry at questioning that.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I knew something bad was going on when he fired our WR coach just after a few games. That was a big red flag and it got worse from there 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Make that 2 of us.

Some on here have to be validated by saying how they predicted this or that. They do it numerous times regardless of the subject. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3

The difference between me and you as far as saying we wouldn't speak to each other. Literally everyday you have something to say passive aggressively lol. The way you pound your chest....super hurt. You literally still have convos. I don't say anything about you or to you. 

But keep it up! 

13 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I knew something bad was going on when he fired our WR coach just after a few games. That was a big red flag and it got worse from there 

My memory tells me that Cole was the one that first threw a flag when this happened.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sizzle said:

For a guy that took his time making the “right hires” in almost a perfectionist way..and to STILL get it wrong, and have it explode so quickly?  Same with the OC hire.  If you’re going to take so long I’m assuming that means you’re really vetting the candidates and getting the perfect hire…NOPE. 

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

For a guy that took his time making the “right hires” in almost a perfectionist way..and to STILL get it wrong, and have it explode so quickly?  Same with the OC hire.  If you’re going to take so long I’m assuming that means you’re really vetting the candidates and getting the perfect hire…NOPE. 

The thing is he didn't hire bad coaches, he lost his team because of himself. His failure was his fault. If anything this teaches how every opportunity isn't a good one. They actually should have been interviewing Harsin

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

The thing is he didn't hire bad coaches, he lost his team because of himself. His failure was his fault. If anything this teaches how every opportunity isn't a good one. They actually should have been interviewing Harsin

Yeah, it all points to Harsin…and your last statement…completely agree.

41 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

So, Cole, who's our next coach?     :big:

Bro I'm a little different....if I don't I'm going to be honest and say that lol. I don't speak on stuff I don't know about. Now I know rumors but you probably read all those on here.

I know who we should hire, and I have a guess on who we will actually hire. I don't think we are going to make a good decision. I think we will probably continue the cycle of mediocrity.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Bro I'm a little different....if I don't I'm going to be honest and say that lol. I don't speak on stuff I don't know about. Now I know rumors but you probably read all those on here.

I know who we should hire, and I have a guess on who we will actually hire. I don't think we are going to make a good decision. I think we will probably continue the cycle of mediocrity.

Things change fast so you never know but it looks like it’s going to be Lane unless something happens. You don’t think that’s the right hire?

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Things change fast so you never know but it looks like it’s going to be Lane unless something happens. You don’t think that’s the right hire?

He is number 2 on my list. It's just my opinion but I don't see anything he'd do different here that he did at ole miss. I think with him we'll be decent every now and again. I think we'll pretty much be mediocre. 

There won't be anything exciting about us. But that seems to be how a good bit of the fan base likes it

I was all in on Harsin until the Mississippi State game last year. 
No joke we were sitting at the tailgate spot in Auburn and I told my brother that  I was wrong and that he was completely in over his head and would be a failure. That was before we knew anything about his lack of recruiting, etc, etc. 

Caddy really is what AU is about. We froze our butts off sitting in that stadium last weekend, and we waited until the very last minute to leave. He is a God fearing, AU loving dude. I hope we keep him on staff. 
I too look at Kiffen as my second choice. I think he is a solid coach but I have been very outspoken about hiring DS as my number 1 choice. Obviously it is not going to happen now but I just think it would have been awesome and really changed AU and the SEC. Also I wanted to see him wear an Auburn shirt and walk into some kids living room to recruit him. 

but I will take lane for sure… if that happens…

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Caddy really is what AU is about. We froze our butts off sitting in that stadium last weekend, and we waited until the very last minute to leave. He is a God fearing, AU loving dude. I hope we keep him on staff. 

Just taking an unbiased look at the two resumes, what's in Sanders' folder that isn't in Caddy's? One guy has two years at a small college, one guy has three years as an assistant at an SEC school. Caddy has been coaching for years and depends on coaching for his living. Sanders just picked up coaching as a hobby and to be with his kids. If you're willing to hire Sanders, Caddy is the better choice.