Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

Strictly rumor from a current player's parent....

Auburn admin (Cohen) is getting a verbal commitment from a coach today - contracts wont be signed until a later date along with an announcement.   

The thing that I question, but seems likely from experiences with what has happened in the past with Auburn is the parent told me ...."Kiffin is a smoke screen".  It will be like what LSU did with Notre Dame and Brian Kelly - absolutely nobody saw that coming!

Edited by AUY2K
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Josh Pate hinted it could be someone that no one is looking at.  Watch it be PJ Fleck or James Franklin.

Nah it's not gonna be them... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Josh Pate hinted it could be someone that no one is looking at.  Watch it be PJ Fleck or James Franklin.

The last time that happened didn't turn out too well

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

As long as its not Jimbo, I can live with the decision. I do hope its someone who will unite and get all the powers in line. We need a homerun desperately.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

PJ Fleck would be a massive letdown. James Franklin would be cool. 

Fickell is my dream. Urban is my pipe dream lol

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

38 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

James Franklin would have to be a fool -- penn state has to be the dream of all dreams for a coach because thats a program that keeps coaches for life w minimal turnover. I was on the plane seated next to him going to pasadena in 2013 and I must say, he oozes charisma but I would be shocked if he came. Fleck? No thanks. 

I hope Kiffin isnt a smoke screen

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Well....Ashford does need to follow Kodi's lead and switch to WR as soon as the season ends!!!

Would you want to wait and see if anyone is better before making the jump?  Not much to go on with proven production yet. 

• Like 1

Yep, we kind of suck at the whole "it is nobody you are expecting hires".   I hope it is different this time.   Last night it was fun to watch Auburn again.   Harsin had suck the fun out it.

• Like 6

It will be the biggest smoke screen ever if it's not kiffin. 

Facebook is running rampant with the Kiffin to Auburn this morning - "it's done - official announcement after the egg bowl".

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

It will be the biggest smoke screen ever if it's not kiffin. 

Facebook is running rampant with the Kiffin to Auburn this morning - "it's done - official announcement after the egg bowl".

Ole sis will hate us forever.   First Tuberville and now Kiffen, and does this mean that Lane will become a Senator one day?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

Ole sis will hate us forever.   First Tuberville and now Kiffen, and does this mean that Lane will become a Senator one day?

He would fit in the world of politics quite well I’d bet lol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

He would fit in the world of politics quite well I’d bet lol. 

LOL, yes he would.   He could piss off half of the people one day and the other half on the next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

James Franklin would have to be a fool -- penn state has to be the dream of all dreams for a coach because thats a program that keeps coaches for life w minimal turnover. I was on the plane seated next to him going to pasadena in 2013 and I must say, he oozes charisma but I would be shocked if he came. Fleck? No thanks. 

I hope Kiffin isnt a smoke screen

PSU has the Joe Jr issue. I could see Franklin wanting to bounce.  For those not familiar. Joe Jr 100% thought he was getting the HC job. It went to Franklin. Joe Jr somehow weasel'd his way to their BoT. He is a complete physico.   

Just now, banditmwp said:

Thanks. Now there’s Dr Pepper on my windshield and I’m in Houston traffic 😂😩

No less safe than before!

• Haha 3