Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

4 minutes ago, AUx said:

See the three dots to the upper right of your post? (…)

Click them. It will expand to a drop-down menu with the “Edit” option.

I looked there, but when i click that, the only option i get is "Share".

16 minutes ago, AUFiend said:

I looked there, but when i click that, the only option i get is "Share".

Are you signed in? Are you editing your original post belonging to you? It should look like this. Perhaps the theme or device you’re using has some deleterious affect. There is a section for discussion about the forum and Q&A.
https://www.aufamily.com/forums/forum/100-announcements/

Tag a mod for help if continues to be a problem. They’ll be happy to help. 

C18CBBF2-0C87-4B68-A1FC-A08A1A650784.jpeg

Edited by AUx

21 minutes ago, AUx said:

Are you signed in? Are you editing your original post belonging to you? It should look like this. Perhaps the theme or device you’re using has some deleterious affect. There is a section for discussion about the forum and Q&A.
https://www.aufamily.com/forums/forum/100-announcements/

Tag a mod for help if continues to be a problem. They’ll be happy to help. 

Spoiler

C18CBBF2-0C87-4B68-A1FC-A08A1A650784.jpeg

Yeah, signed in and trying to edit my post, but the only option in that drop down for me is "Share". I'm on PC using the latest Firefox. i'll mess around and see if i can figure it out. if not i'll check out that thread you linked.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:34 AM, AUY2K said:

Well....Ashford does need to follow Kodi's lead and switch to WR as soon as the season ends!!!

I’d like to see what a real coach can do with his arm and not just write off a redshirt freshman. He’s got talent. 

• Like 2

I don’t see the allure of any marquee coach going to Alabama after Saban. Always questions/comparisons. Always in his shadow. I think what makes Auburn so appealing is the ability to build a program up with good bones. This contributes more to legacy than taking the keys to a well oiled machine. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AUFiend said:

Yeah, signed in and trying to edit my post, but the only option in that drop down for me is "Share". I'm on PC using the latest Firefox. i'll mess around and see if i can figure it out. if not i'll check out that thread you linked.

You can't edit your post until you get to 50 posts and become a verified member. Same for creating topics/threads.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
15 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Most places will not rehire a headcoach that chose to move on. That doesn’t sound unusual to me.

So you choose to take Tennessee off the list then. Cool. 

On 11/20/2022 at 9:40 AM, tinman1 said:

And after 2 years we're looking again.  I love Cadillac, but he is NOT ready to be a head coach at a power 5 school.  Perhaps at a lesser school like Deion has done, but we have got to have someone with experience.  Being a head coach requires way to much knowledge and managing of people to give to anyone with only 4 games under their belt.

I personally agree with you.   Love me some Caddy but he would be somewhere around plan G for me.   That being said, isn't this exactly how Dabo got his start?

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 9:56 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Once again, the likelihood of a “proven OC/DC” wanting to come coach for a green 3 year position coach is pretty low. 

Yes, but the likelihood of a proven OC/DC wanting to work for a boat load of money is very high :)

23 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

That makes 4 of his last 6 stops that wouldn’t rehire him 🤔 🚩🚩

So you're willing take Gus or Hars back any time soon?

• Haha 2

if i were going to hire Caddy, i would make his base salary low (2-2.5Mill), load him up with money for assistants, then incentivize the hell out of his contract. give him a shot to make 15 Mil if he wins an NC and signs a top recruiting class. i think thats how you drive a young up and coming coach. thought Caddy may not even care about the money at some point (2-3 mil per year).

• Like 3

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

So you're willing take Gus or Hars back any time soon?

No…which is why probably shouldn’t hire Lane either 🤣. I fully expect him to have Gus level success. Maybe a good year or two and the rest below average

On 11/20/2022 at 10:01 PM, AUx said:

13) New members are restricted from creating topics. Users are encouraged to contribute to AUFAMILY, however a member must have 50 posts before they are allowed to start a new topic (note: any registered member can reply to an existing topic regardless of post count). The purpose of this is twofold: It reduces the number of topics on the same subject posted by new users who haven't accustomed themselves to the message boards yet and also it reduces spamming and drive-by posters.

Thanks

20 hours ago, fasttimes said:

if i were going to hire Caddy, i would make his base salary low (2-2.5Mill), load him up with money for assistants, then incentivize the hell out of his contract. give him a shot to make 15 Mil if he wins an NC and signs a top recruiting class. i think thats how you drive a young up and coming coach. thought Caddy may not even care about the money at some point (2-3 mil per year).

Fine with me. I read somewhere that Caddy's net worth now is $11 million so I bet he would jump at what you propose.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 12:19 AM, Mikey said:

I think his talent is more at wide receiver than QB. He's had two seasons as a QB at Oregon and one at AU and there's just nothing about him that says QB.

Kiffin cut RAs offer when he took the OM job that is why he ended up at Oregon.  Even Gus didn’t offer RA - he’s not a QB and should focus on baseball. 

it will be interesting to see how kiffin handles RA when he gets to campus? Move him to WR or TE if he is still wanting to play football.  Hopefully Robby makes this decision on his own like Kodi did or even Gabe Gross and just move full time to baseball.

Edited by AUY2K

19 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Kiffin cut RAs offer when he took the OM job that is why he ended up at Oregon.  Even Gus didn’t offer RA - he’s not a QB and should focus on baseball. 

it will be interesting to see how kiffin handles RA when he gets to campus? Move him to WR or TE if he is still wanting to play football.  Hopefully Robby makes this decision on his own like Kodi did or even Gabe Gross and just move full time to baseball.

Ask Plumlee what Kiffen will do.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 7:01 AM, CentralFLtiger said:

I don’t see the allure of any marquee coach going to Alabama after Saban. Always questions/comparisons. Always in his shadow. I think what makes Auburn so appealing is the ability to build a program up with good bones. This contributes more to legacy than taking the keys to a well oiled machine. 

This is true for any coaches that either retired or moved on without being fired. Next coach has much more support that way.