Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

39 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Jay Tate mentioned that some coaches have come out of the woodwork recently and that has slowed the process down.  Feeding Frenzy.  Coaches know this is a top level gig when done right.

This is stated in every single Auburn coaching search yet never comes to fruition so I’m not inclined to believe Tate.  

There is always that “secret top level candidate that reached out” chatter and I think its just some of these guys trying to get subscribers.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

This is stated in every single Auburn coaching search yet never comes to fruition so I’m not inclined to believe Tate.  

There is always that “secret top level candidate that reached out” chatter and I think its just some of these guys trying to get subscribers.   

It happens whenever a coach wants to leverage the auburn opening for a raise opportunity

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Urban needs no explanation but I’ve seen several times this negativity towards dabo. Anti NIL, ceo type (that’s now bad?), grumblings about some au smack, ect. On paper, given his age and where Clemson was, he should be the most coveted coach in college football. Did last year ding him that much? What am I missing?

In my case, what you are missing is that I don't want some smart-mouthed bammer for AU's head coach. There are other options that don't have Dabo's baggage. Others may have more mature, thoughtful reasons for not wanting Dabo but this is my reason.

His success at Clemson in no way means that he will succeed at Auburn. It's a crap-shoot, so lets do a reasonable job of hiring and not start off with some known jerk that a lot of AU people don't like.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, shabby said:

It happens whenever a coach wants to leverage the auburn opening for a raise opportunity

Not just at Auburn, at every major job opening.  It's the job of the agents.

10 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

P Marshall also alluded to it this morning. I still think it's Kiffin or Danny Hugh

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

Dabo is not leaving Clemson.  Period.  Not for bama either, but especially not for Auburn.  He is as content and happy with his circumstances and the family life he enjoys.  He' s making more $$ than he or his family can ever spend too.  He remembers his time at bama as a walk-on, having to sleep in the same bed as his mother because they were dead broke.  He can make the college playoffs much, much easier there with almost no pressure.  Whoever started posting his name is way off the mark.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

In my case, what you are missing is that I don't want some smart-mouthed bammer for AU's head coach. There are other options that don't have Dabo's baggage. Others may have more mature, thoughtful reasons for not wanting Dabo but this is my reason.

His success at Clemson in no way means that he will succeed at Auburn. It's a crap-shoot, so lets do a reasonable job of hiring and not start off with some known jerk that a lot of AU people don't like.

I'm not a Dabo fan, but I think he's well versed in the bammer way and will fight fire with fire, smile while he's doing it and WIN. Besides, Clempsum owes us a coach or two, since we let them have our old uniforms when Heisman left to coach them. 

Edited by GAAubie
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Dabo is not leaving Clemson.  Period.  Not for bama either, but especially not for Auburn.  He is as content and happy with his circumstances and the family life he enjoys.  He' s making more $$ than he or his family can ever spend too.  He remembers his time at bama as a walk-on, having to sleep in the same bed as his mother because they were dead broke.  He can make the college playoffs much, much easier there with almost no pressure.  Whoever started posting his name is way off the mark.

I disagree about making the playoffs easier at Clemson.  He pretty much has to go undefeated . Right now he has 1 loss to ND and is behind 2 loss Bama and LSU 

I’m an idiot and just trying to understand the rules. If they played at uat, they’re a “bammer”, but if they coached there they’re not?

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

Saw this a few minutes ago.

The impression I’m getting from various reports across the Auburn landscape is that Auburn was set on Kiffin, but then 1-2 other coaches not being considered came forward quietly. In a kind of Kelly-LSU way. We’ll see, but that would give AU some leverage anyway.

52 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Jay Tate mentioned that some coaches have come out of the woodwork recently and that has slowed the process down.  Feeding Frenzy.  Coaches know this is a top level gig when done right.

I don’t buy this slowing the process down. If Cohen wants Kiffin, it’s a matter of Sexton making the $ work for both sides. Kiffin can’t jump ship until 11/27 at the earliest, so plenty of time to gauge interest from other parties.

9 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

My cousin grew up with Dabo and they are still friends.  He absolutely would leave Clemson for Alabama.  In a hot second.  Dabo covets the Bama job. 

My brother’s best friend played with Dabo at Bama and Dabo actually lived with him on and off.  He says the same thing.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't want some smart-mouthed bammer for AU's head coach

THIS.

There is no damn way there is mutual interest in Dabo. He’s been Saban’s successor in waiting for almost a decade now. The last place he would have any interest in going is AU. 

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

56 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Smoke on the web is this candidate that has inquired about the job is Dabo Swinney.

49 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Not buying it, but Dabo would be a break the bank kind of hire. He'd actually be worth the Kiffen money we are talking about. And then some.

pryK0x.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

THIS.

There is no damn way there is mutual interest in Dabo. He’s been Saban’s successor in waiting for almost a decade now. The last place he would have any interest in going is AU. 

That is funny because bama fans on twitter swear up and down that Kiffins deepest desire is to coach bama post Saban while ole miss fans swear his greatest desire is to be a nfl coach again like these people are best friends w him and know exactly what he aspires to.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Urban needs no explanation but I’ve seen several times this negativity towards dabo. Anti NIL, ceo type (that’s now bad?), grumblings about some au smack, ect. On paper, given his age and where Clemson was, he should be the most coveted coach in college football. Did last year ding him that much? What am I missing?

I don’t know what anyone else’s negative thoughts about him, but I personally dislike his fake preacher-esque personality (sells well to college football entities, as evidenced) and his incestuous fascination with staying in house with hires. He’s ran out of good 2016 Clemson coaches. It’s time to shake it up 

Between that and his antiquated perspectives on transfer guys and NIL, there’s no real shot his success maintains in the direction CFB is headed unless his perspective changes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Viper said:

I don’t buy this slowing the process down. If Cohen wants Kiffin, it’s a matter of Sexton making the $ work for both sides. Kiffin can’t jump ship until 11/27 at the earliest, so plenty of time to gauge interest from other parties.

May be someone more interesting than Kiffin that’s come in the mix and Cohen wants to gauge their real interest. 

8 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

That is funny because bama fans on twitter swear up and down that Kiffins deepest desire is to coach bama post Saban

Dabo and Kiffin when Saban retires…

OldVapidIchidna-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1

Whatever Coach follows little Nicky will fail. Period. Why? uaters will expect the same success. Lose three games in a season and bricks will fly. The inbred rednecks are what they are. JMHO 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

P Marshall also alluded to it this morning. I still think it's Kiffin or Danny Hugh

Who is Danny Hugh?

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Smoke on the web is this candidate that has inquired about the job is Dabo Swinney. Not really buying it.. BUT, I'm also not sure he is the type to put his name out there for more money from Clemson.  Reading the tea leaves, he pretty much knows he has to go undefeated at Clemson to get in the CFP. That's not the case in the SEC. 

7qey28uhj90a1.gif

Edited by Chaotic_zx
Bolded text
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, woodford said:

Would y’all not work for the University of Alabama for 100 million dollars?

Why not? No bammer tag. Ps the portal’s gonna make this complicated. If you play there for just one season are you still a bammer.? Transfers? Somebody may have to revisit the super secret rule book.

• Haha 1