Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

Here is my take on Dabo. 

There is a good chance he has reached out to us,  but for nefarious reasons.  

Very Tiny chance:   He sincerely wants  to coach at Auburn.

He is petty enough and vindictive enough to....

Small chance:    he would take the job  and leave as soon as saban retires.   ( there were rumors earlier that saban may retire this year. If true,  he could be hired at Auburn and leave before he ever coaches a game.  screwing Auburn )

Medium chance:  He hates Auburn so much that he  is just showing interest to throw a monkey wrench into out coach search,  wasting time and money. (screwing Auburn)

Large chance:  he has not reached out to anyone.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

It's true.  There might be a way to compensate him privately to make up a little of the difference but they can't cover it all and him being a state employee complicates that.  Essentially, for Ole Miss to match an offer from Auburn and it be legally binding (not just verbal promises), they'd have to cram the same amount of money into fewer years.  So (this is a very rough comparison) if Auburn offers 7 years, $70M ($10M per year) for example, to match it, OM would have to do $17.5M over 4 years, give or take. 

I'm not lawyer or agent either so if I'm missing a piece to this someone let me know, but this is how it was explained to me.

Man, that is an eye opener. OM had better make his ass an independent contractor. 

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t know what anyone else’s negative thoughts about him, but I personally dislike his fake preacher-esque personality

You don’t enjoy his 30-minute post-game self-indulging gushes over the likes of Syracuse and Wake Forest? BYOG man!

gladiator-russell-crowe.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

May be someone more interesting than Kiffin that’s come in the mix and Cohen wants to gauge their real interest. 

200w.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

45 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

May be someone more interesting than Kiffin that’s come in the mix and Cohen wants to gauge their real interest. 

My source says its Sean Payton. Showed me text messages and all. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Auburn shouldn’t be FICKELL about this situation….they should want to URBANIZE their environment….Because DABO knows…..

That he is the PRIME example :lol:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Man, that is an eye opener. OM had better make his ass an independent contractor. 

Without relaxing the 4 year limit, in todays market, It’s now guaranteed that they can never be more than a mid tier. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m an idiot and just trying to understand the rules. If they played at uat, they’re a “bammer”, but if they coached there they’re not?

full-house-you-got-it.gif

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Without relaxing the 4 yesterday limit, in todays market, It’s now guaranteed that they can never be more than a mid tier. 

I  imagine there are salty people in Mississippi with lots of power who simply don't want the gap to widen between the two major schools and all the various others scattered throughout the state, especially the HBCUs. Handcuffing Ole Miss and State's ability to retain good coaches is a great way to accomplish that end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Would y’all not work for the University of Alabama for 100 million dollars?

It could be tempting, but it would be like working for Satan and selling your soul to the devil. Nothing there holds any interst for me at any price.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Would y’all not work for the University of Alabama for 100 million dollars?

Can I wear a neutral color?

That crimpsun makes me gag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tmoney56 said:

It could be tempting, but it would be like working for Satan and selling your soul to the devil. Nothing there holds any interst for me at any price.

18ed5af3-3de9-4271-80ca-8b919f7f5eca_tex

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

My source says its Sean Payton. Showed me text messages and all. 

So all of the talk about Juice was really about Juicy Fruit gum. 🤔

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

My cousin grew up with Dabo and they are still friends.  He absolutely would leave Clemson for Alabama.  In a hot second.  Dabo covets the Bama job. 

My brother’s best friend played with Dabo at Bama and Dabo actually lived with him on and off.  He says the same thing.  

Then things have changed since last year.  His brother said No way.  So who knows.

I have a hunch that Dabo would be sort of mediocre in the SEC.... I think his successes relied heavily on position coaches.   Clemson also has an easy schedule year in and year out. The easy schedule allows him to put in his 2nd and 3rd teams to play in 70% of their games, which is an excellent recruiting point when you are pretty much guaranteed playing time... It also gives new recruits a good bit of experience,  so by playoff time, they can rotate in and out fresh players more easily than most.  ...You gotta also consider attrition....players are pretty fresh all year with fewer injury's. ....All that goes away in the SEC. ...He has an ideal setup at Clemson and he wont get anything like it in the SEC....At least thats kinda my feeling ....

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Jay Tate mentioned that some coaches have come out of the woodwork recently and that has slowed the process down.  Feeding Frenzy.  Coaches know this is a top level gig when done right.

Coaches know this is a high-paying gig whether they work out or not.  When done right (beat back-to-back #1 teams), we up the ante and give them even more guaranteed $$ and IF they later don't meet expectations, we pay them a handsome buyout to NOT coach here. 

😒

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t know what anyone else’s negative thoughts about him, but I personally dislike his fake preacher-esque personality (sells well to college football entities, as evidenced) and his incestuous fascination with staying in house with hires. He’s ran out of good 2016 Clemson coaches. It’s time to shake it up 

I feel the same way about another HC from the eastern region of the country that would walk over a bed of nails to take the AU job if seriously offered.

This weather change has me Freeze'ing! 🥶

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

My cousin grew up with Dabo and they are still friends.  He absolutely would leave Clemson for Alabama.  In a hot second.  Dabo covets the Bama job. 

My brother’s best friend played with Dabo at Bama and Dabo actually lived with him on and off.  He says the same thing.  

Dabo is loyal to his friends. I had a friend who played with Dabo at bammer, and has now passed. Dabo took both of his sons in at Clemson on scholarship. He looks after them. I cannot stand the guy, but he is fiercely loyal to his bammer friends.

4 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Dabo is loyal to his friends. I had a friend who played with Dabo at bammer, and has now passed. Dabo took both of his sons in at Clemson on scholarship. He looks after them. I cannot stand the guy, but he is fiercely loyal to his bammer friends.

Well my cousin and him have stayed relatively good friends over the years, and my cousin walked on at Auburn while Dabo went to Bama so its not just his Bama friends. 

But yes from everything I know about him he’s a good dude.  

• Like 1