Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

3 minutes ago, banditmwp said:

Thanks. Now there’s Dr Pepper on my windshield and I’m in Houston traffic 😂😩

Am I the only one not getting the joke?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Hope this all adds up to Matt Rhule..

Unlikely. Since he isn’t coaching, there’s be no reason to wait on the announcement. It’s got to be someone actively coaching. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, selias said:

Am I the only one not getting the joke?

The Kodi reference literally made me spit my drink out

For those saying Franklin, hard pass. He’s the Gus Malzahn of the Big 10. Penn State has all the resources in the world. His records there average 8-4, and he hasn’t finished first in his division since 2016. He has no conference championships. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, banditmwp said:

The Kodi reference literally made me spit my drink out

Yeah, but why? I knew it was Kodi but I feel like I'm missing the punchline here somewhere.

4 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

For those saying Franklin, hard pass. He’s the Gus Malzahn of the Big 10. Penn State has all the resources in the world. His records there average 8-4, and he hasn’t finished first in his division since 2016. He has no conference championships. 

One small correction: He did win the Big Ten Championship in that 2016 season. 

But I do agree with the larger point that with the tradition, resources, and recruiting he's had, I think most people would have expected Franklin to accomplish more in his time at Penn State. He seems to lose the "Big games" very often. I know PSU fans seem to be a bit 'hit and miss' on their overall opinions of him. 

JP Flek would be interesting. He's done a similar job at Minn. To what Franklin has done at PSU, but with a lot less resources and worse recruiting. 

13 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

JP Flek would be interesting. He's done a similar job at Minn. To what Franklin has done at PSU, but with a lot less resources and worse recruiting.

But is there any proof that he can recruit down South?  Is there anything that indicates that he willing to recruit 365 days a year 24x7?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, miscram6 said:

But is there any proof that he can recruit down South?  Is there anything that indicates that he willing to recruit 365 days a year 24x7?

There isn't. That would be a real concern. 

I hope whoever our administration hires they really get down in the dirt with these candidates and find out what their recruiting philosophy and plan would be at Auburn and vet how hard they'd be willing to work and comitt to it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

There isn't. That would be a real concern. 

I hope whoever our administration hires they really get down in the dirt with these candidates and find out what their recruiting philosophy and plan would be at Auburn and vet how hard they'd be willing to work and comitt to it. 

Cohen hinted at “Culture” and “Recruiting” as priorities in the next candidate. So think of the available coaches and see which candidates kinda fit. Also I am not sure who our Brian Kelly could be..Only one who fits to me is Dabo..

Why is this a thing right now? "possible verbal commit but won't know anything till after the iron bowl?" 

Feels like an attempt by the ptb to redirect the herd towards a new narrative for some reason. Feels like a controlled and orchestrated redirect.

Our ptb's are really good at utilizing certain journalist to spark a fire on twitter to accomplish this means as we saw w the Harsin deal in the off season. No big deal, just sort of interesting to me.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Why is this a thing right now? "possible verbal commit but won't know anything till after the iron bowl?" 

Feels like an attempt by the ptb to redirect the herd towards a new narrative for some reason. Feels like a controlled and orchestrated redirect.

Our ptb's are really good at utilizing certain journalist to accomplish this means as we saw w the Harsin deal in the off season.

What makes you think some evil PTB's have anything to do with this internet rumor? There are tens of thousands of anxious fans that might have started it and hundreds of "journalists" who will profit from hits on their websites. It requires real paranoia to see the hand of some malevolent group behind a curtain in this instance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Our ptb's are really good at utilizing certain journalist to spark a fire on twitter to accomplish this means as we saw w the Harsin deal in the off season. No big deal, just sort of interesting to me.

A verbal agreement but holding off the announcement until the end of the regular season isn't uncommon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Some of y’all read too many spy novels. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What makes you think some evil PTB's have anything to do with this internet rumor? There are tens of thousands of anxious fans that might have started it and hundreds of "journalists" who will profit from hits on their websites. It requires real paranoia to see the hand of some malevolent group behind a curtain in this instance.

Evil? Paranoid? Malevolent group?

No, never said or implied that.

It takes a naive person to think this stuff just sparks up out of nowhere for no reason at all. It is interesting that this would come out when it did and I am plumbing the possibilities as to why it did. That is all.

44 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Cohen hinted at “Culture” and “Recruiting” as priorities in the next candidate. So think of the available coaches and see which candidates kinda fit. Also I am not sure who our Brian Kelly could be..Only one who fits to me is Dabo..

Dabo would be a Saban like hire. 

Dabo + Caddy would be pretty killer imo. You would lock down two different but similar cultures in one. Both are family oriented with an emphasis on developing talent for the next level. 

Now I want Dabo lmao

• Like 1
  • Love 1