Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

Fickle or Lane would be home runs. Franklin at the right price would be good. Deion/Grimes/Freeze are jokes and would say we/Cohen are clueless. 

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U have Dabo behind Kiffen... Interesting 

Dabo brings excellent recruiting, Kiffin brings coaching. Bout even to me but Kiffin probably cheaper. He is making much less at this point.

Just now, woodford said:

Only a complete idiot would leave a top tier B1G school for Auburn. They’re about to be on THREE networks every single Saturday like the NFL. 

All football coaches are complete idiots. I bet you cannot even name one who knows how to change a flat tire. 

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Only a complete idiot would leave a top tier B1G school for Auburn. They’re about to be on THREE networks every single Saturday like the NFL. 

Unless PSU is pushing him out!!

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Dabo brings excellent recruiting, Kiffin brings coaching. Bout even to me but Kiffin probably cheaper. He is making much less at this point.

Cept.. Dabo got 2 Nattys

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

All football coaches are complete idiots. I bet you cannot even name one who knows how to change a flat tire. 

Gus knew how. He blew alot of tires on the Bus

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Fickle or Lane would be home runs. Franklin at the right price would be good. Deion/Grimes/Freeze are jokes and would say we/Cohen are clueless. 

I’ve been preaching the Fickell gospel since 2020. It’s a shame if we don’t even reach out to him. 

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Cept.. Dabo got 2 Nattys

He would probably welcome the chance to have a real tiger mascot rather than that meth-addled freakshow he has now

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

He would probably welcome the chance to have a real tiger mascot rather than that meth-addled freakshow he has now

Plus, Orange and Blue > Orange and Purple

• Like 1

You guys are crazy. Let’s see here, in the past, we hired a coach from Wyoming, a coach from Samford, a coach from Ole Miss with a losing record, a coach from Iowa State with a losing record, a coach from Arkansas State, and the last coach from Boise State, who was a complete disaster.

Now we have people that don’t want to take a coach from Penn State who is a winner? Who actually won at Vanderbilt? We don’t want to take a coach from Clemson who won two national championships? We don’t want to take a coach from Cincinnati who took their team to the playoffs? 
I get it, that everyone has their preferences, and I do too, but any of these coaches are major upgrades. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Depending on where you look at, it seems like PSU is within 10m of us in revenue, and has as much prestige as anyone. The division he’s in is arguably the most competitive one in football, or at least #2 behind the SECW. 

If there’s ever an Apples to Apples comparison, it’d be failure to excel at Penn St and what you’d expect at Auburn 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

You guys are crazy. Let’s see here, in the past, we hired a coach from Wyoming, a coach from Samford, a coach from Ole Miss was a losing record, a coach from Iowa State with a losing record, a coach, from Arkansas State, and the last coach from Boise State, who was a complete disaster.

Now we have people that don’t want to take a coach from Penn State who is a winner? Who actually won at Vanderbilt? We don’t want to take a coach from Clemson who won two national championships? We don’t want to take a coach from Cincinnati who took their team to the playoffs? 
I get it, that everyone has their preferences, and I do too, but any of these coaches are major upgrades. 

Don't throw reason into this!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, woodford said:

I’ve been preaching the Fickell gospel since 2020. It’s a shame if we don’t even reach out to him. 

I like Fickell a lot. But I don’t like the idea of reaching out. It’s well documented that we’re offering massive amounts of money, have great facilities, and have proven we can win titles and Heismans. If that doesn’t intrigue someone enough for them to reach out to us, I assume they don’t want to be here. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Depending on where you look at, it seems like PSU is within 10m of us in revenue, and has as much prestige as anyone. The division he’s in is arguably the most competitive one in football, or at least #2 behind the SECW. 

If there’s ever an Apples to Apples comparison, it’d be failure to excel at Penn St and what you’d expect at Auburn 

SECE is most competitive this year probably.

8 minutes ago, woodford said:

Maybe we did and the answer was hell to the no.   Just saying :)

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Where or who has mentioned Franklin as a candidate? I've never saw him mentioned as much as even Dabo

My guess is Hoke but I have not logged in over there yet 

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

You guys are crazy. Let’s see here, in the past, we hired a coach from Wyoming, a coach from Samford, a coach from Ole Miss with a losing record, a coach from Iowa State with a losing record, a coach from Arkansas State, and the last coach from Boise State, who was a complete disaster.

I want Deion, but I’d be dang sure satisfied with Dabo or Franklin. I don’t think either are legitimately interested, but I would be fine if either of them came to Auburn. 

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I like Fickell a lot. But I don’t like the idea of reaching out. It’s well documented that we’re offering massive amounts of money, have great facilities, and have proven we can win titles and Heismans. If that doesn’t intrigue someone enough for them to reach out to us, I assume they don’t want to be here. Just my opinion. 

I mean yeah if you want to get into the semantics but he could be focused on winning his last few games of the season.  

It would very stupid to miss out on someone because your AD is playing some stupid dating game with a HC of another school. 

• Like 1