Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Learn to love it. Just like Aunt Bea's homemade pickles

Kerosene Cucumbers ❤️

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, woodford said:

Haha oh the humanity!!! Not Dabo Swinney! Give me that relic from the 1990’s with the incredible PR team!

I’ll renounce from being an AU CFB fan if AU hires Dabo as HC. I’d be fine with just watching Pearl’s squads.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I trust AD Cohen to make the right decision. Just like Caddy was the right man for HC during this interim period, Roberts hired the right man for AD. Cohen knows the state of AL, he knows Auburn, he knows the fan base and the south and the SEC, and I feel sure he will do his research, seek sound advvice and not let emotions get in the way of making the right hire. After this two year debacle, Auburn can't afford another risky, reaching out type hire. I think Lane, Hugh, Dabo and a couple of others meet our needs for making a rapid but smart turnaround and would be step ups for sure. I know most of you argued that the last hire was a step up, but deep down many of you probably weren't really sure and just wanted Gus gone. None of us want another mistake. An emotional, knee jerk hire could be catastrophic. I'll support our guy whoever it is but we all need to support and pray for AD Cohen right now.  WDE!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, autan said:

I trust AD Cohen to make the right decision. Just like Caddy was the right man for HC during this interim period, Roberts hired the right man for AD. Cohen knows the state of AL, he knows Auburn, he knows the fan base and the south and the SEC, and I feel sure he will do his research, seek sound advvice and not let emotions get in the way of making the right hire. After this two year debacle, Auburn can't afford another risky, reaching out type hire. I think Lane, Hugh, Dabo and a couple of others meet our needs for making a rapid but smart turnaround and would be step ups for sure. I know most of you argued that the last hire was a step up, but deep down many of you probably weren't really sure and just wanted Gus gone. None of us want another mistake. An emotional, knee jerk hire could be catastrophic. I'll support our guy whoever it is but we all need to support and pray for AD Cohen right now.  WDE!!

After the hire of gus and harsin I don't trust anyone up there to do the right thing.  It just takes a little common sense to eliminate the unqualified applicants and then start a comprehensive search but so far the people in the athletic have shown they can't even display the common sense to eliminate the unqualified ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

Kerosene Cucumbers ❤️

sAM.jpg

Also, I agree with @Auburn93...wouldn't trust Sports Illustrated any longer. Not much above click bait compared to what they used to be.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Carnell said:

After the hire of gus and harsin I don't trust anyone up there to do the right thing.  It just takes a little common sense to eliminate the unqualified applicants and then start a comprehensive search but so far the people in the athletic have shown they can't even display the common sense to eliminate the unqualified ones.

image.gif.a594a1cb3eee6b7ea1e74cbdc125ac3f.gif

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Carnell said:

I don’t think anyone knows, just saying this coach and that coach without an ounce of proof. We don’t know who has been considered or eliminated. We will find out when we find out. 

• Like 1

The people on here saying no to Dabo are absolutely hilarious. I have no clue how much substance there is to the Dabo situation, but I could see reasons for Dabo being interested and even taking the job. 

I don't remember a search in my lifetime where we made a pass at a candidate with a resume even remotely close to Dabo's. 2 time NC winner. Proven recruiter. Proven program builder. Multiple playoff appearances. Multiple ACC championships. I mean ...the fact that there is any rumor in regards to a possibility of him considering the job is a Huge step in the right direction for us. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

The people on here saying no to Dabo are absolutely hilarious. I have no clue how much substance there is to the Dabo situation, but I could see reasons for Dabo being interested and even taking the job. 

I don't remember a search in my lifetime where we made a pass at a candidate with a resume even remotely close to Dabo's. 2 time NC winner. Proven recruiter. Proven program builder. Multiple playoff appearances. Multiple ACC championships. I mean ...the fact that there is any rumor in regards to a possibility of him considering the job is a Huge step in the right direction for us. 

Seems obvious to me as well...🤷

We all have our favorites but to say no to Dabo Swinney outright??

I don’t get it 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Hugh?   Did you say Hugh??

I sure did....My computer was "Freezing" and then the autotype Put Huge instead of Hugh

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

I wouldn't count Gus as a bad hire. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I’ll renounce from being an AU CFB fan if AU hires Dabo as HC. I’d be fine with just watching Pearl’s squads.

With people ready to renounce their fandom over Hugh and now Dabo...we better get this hire right, or we might lose 10 fans!

(I say this a tongue in cheek...I have stated myself that I would have a long think about supporting Auburn football if they hired Freeze...)

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

With people ready to renounce their fandom over Hugh and now Dabo...we better get this hire right, or we might lose 10 fans!

(I say this a tongue in cheek...I have stated myself that I would have a long think about supporting Auburn football if they hired Freeze...)

What’s become evident is that picking a coach is about more than just winning. Dabo (a “bammer”) and Sanders (being “Prime”) cause cultural pushbacks. And Freeze creates a hard ethical pushback. As much as people tout facts and records, I think in many cases there’s much more going on than that. To me, it’s natural to want to hire a favorite - as long as it doesn’t continue this coaching cycle from hell another 20 years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Qualified support/non support of Auburn depending on a coach is nauseous regardless.

I think everything should fall under qualified support. Nothing deserves my blind unwavering and unthinking allegiance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I think everything should fall under qualified support. Nothing deserves my blind unwavering and unthinking allegiance. 

I'll 100% support Dabo ... right up to the first time he screws up :)   Then he has to go

• Like 2
  • Haha 2