Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

2 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

My Sunday morning reflections FWIW. My preferred list has narrowed after yesterday. Feeze is off and Kiffin is off.  Caddy is now #1 and if he keeps it close with bammer with a banged up team I say give him a shot at the HC job. Get a proven OC and DC behind him and turn them loose. Give them two years to recruit and turn this ship around.

Freeze and Kiffin lost last night, so they are no longer on your flavor of the second list? You are about as illogical as Mickey that doesn't want Sanders because "He lacks major D1 experience" but he wants Grimes that has absolutely ZERO head coaching experience at any level.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

43 minutes ago, keywest said:

Freeze and Kiffin lost last night, so they are no longer on your flavor of the second list? You are about as illogical as Mickey that doesn't want Sanders because "He lacks major D1 experience" but he wants Grimes that has absolutely ZERO head coaching experience at any level.

As i said I just expressed my opinion FWIW. It was free so sorry if is illogical to you:cheers:

1 hour ago, keywest said:

I just assumed he was trolling when he said he'd hire Caddy.

• Facepalm 1

Guest MustardSeed
3 hours ago, GAAubie said:

So you base your evaluation of a coach on 1 game? 

Goodness. 🤣. Read some other posts and try again

21 hours ago, fasttimes said:

The fun part will come when saban retires after this year

I’m not sure if you’re joking or not, but I thought this might possibly happen for Bammers to get their guy. They all have said they want Kiffin or Dabo, and now both are talking to us, their biggest rival. May as well push him out while you can pick your next guy, I suppose. 

12 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

I’m not sure if you’re joking or not, but I thought this might possibly happen for Bammers to get their guy. They all have said they want Kiffin or Dabo, and now both are talking to us, their biggest rival. May as well push him out while you can pick your next guy, I suppose. 

Kiffin will never be the head coach at bama.  He burned too many bridges when he was there and when he left.  The fans may want him, but the powers that be (mainly PB Jr.) do not.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Guest MustardSeed
31 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Kiffin will never be the head coach at bama.  He burned too many bridges when he was there and when he left.  The fans may want him, but the powers that be (mainly PB Jr.) do not.

That makes 4 of his last 6 stops that wouldn’t rehire him 🤔 🚩🚩

34 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

That makes 4 of his last 6 stops that wouldn’t rehire him 🤔 🚩🚩

Most places will not rehire a headcoach that chose to move on. That doesn’t sound unusual to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

When absolute posts like this appear…do you guys factually know that PB Jr along with the powers that be really said this? IMO the most logical call for a successor to Saban vs others would more than likely be Dabo. I mean he has done far more than Kiffin in all aspects, recruiting, program management, championships, etc. 

25 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I'm a newbie here. How do you start a thread?

There’s a “Start New Topic” banner near the top of the page of the forum you land on. Proceed at your own risk. 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

There’s a “Start New Topic” banner near the top of the page of the forum you land on. Proceed at your own risk. 😂

You get demerits if it doesn’t turn out like you meant it to.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 9:59 AM, alabastertiger said:

Ole sis will hate us forever.   First Tuberville and now Kiffen, and does this mean that Lane will become a Senator one day?

I dont understand the narrative that we better not hire Kiffin or Dabo cause they will leave to go to Bama, NFL or wherever.  Had u rather us hire someone that nobody else values or could potentially want. It just makes no sense to me.  HEY LETS HIRE SOMEONE NOBODY ELSE WOULD EVER WANT... Talk about JABA

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

IMO the most logical call for a successor to Saban vs others would more than likely be Dabo. I mean he has done far more than Kiffin in all aspects, recruiting, program management, championships, etc.

That is why I do not believe the rumor about Kiffin being preferred as a replacement to Saban, unless there is just some behind the scenes bad blood between Alabama power brokers and Dabo.  Dabo made 6 consecutive Playoff appearances, might make another Playoff trip this year, won 2 NCGs, and built a powerhouse where there was definitely not one before.  On top of that, he is a former Alabama player.  The only active coach with a more impressive resume than Dabo Swinney, is Nick Saban.  If Dabo is a realistic option, any program would be foolish to not have him at the top of their list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Is there a time or post requirement? No big deal, just curious.

13) New members are restricted from creating topics. Users are encouraged to contribute to AUFAMILY, however a member must have 50 posts before they are allowed to start a new topic (note: any registered member can reply to an existing topic regardless of post count). The purpose of this is twofold: It reduces the number of topics on the same subject posted by new users who haven't accustomed themselves to the message boards yet and also it reduces spamming and drive-by posters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUx said:

13) New members are restricted from creating topics. Users are encouraged to contribute to AUFAMILY, however a member must have 50 posts before they are allowed to start a new topic (note: any registered member can reply to an existing topic regardless of post count). The purpose of this is twofold: It reduces the number of topics on the same subject posted by new users who haven't accustomed themselves to the message boards yet and also it reduces spamming and drive-by posters.

Somewhat along these same lines, how do you edit a post? on most forums i usually see a pretty clear "edit" button, but unless i'm just overlooking it, i haven't found a way to edit my posts yet.

4 minutes ago, AUFiend said:

Somewhat along these same lines, how do you edit a post? on most forums i usually see a pretty clear "edit" button, but unless i'm just overlooking it, i haven't found a way to edit my posts yet.

See the three dots to the upper right of your post? (…)

Click them. It will expand to a drop-down menu with the “Edit” option.