Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

3 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

I was walking to school one day and saw Marcel Ledbetter walking home.   I said "Marcell why aren't you going to school", and Marcel said "Nah, somebody let air out of the basketball".

Love me some Jerry Clower

• Like 3

"If"  this is a done deal can we all sit back and appreciate how nice it is to have a President and AD that actually know what they are doing?  No multiple reports of coaches turning the job down.  No "leaks" of boosters bickering.  No long drawn out process.  No drama.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

"If"  this is a done deal can we all sit back and appreciate how nice it is to have a President and AD that actually know what they are doing?  No multiple reports of coaches turning the job down.  No "leaks" of boosters bickering.  No long drawn out process.  No drama.  

Depends on the hire but yes

If it is indeed Freeze, that's been fairly obvious for some time and multiple posters here have stated why. He and Kiffin are roughly equal in positives and negatives and Freeze will cost half or less than Lame Lane would cost. Freeze would crawl over broken glass to get the AU job and Lame Lane would have to be convinced/bought. Choosing Freeze from between these two is a no brainer. If there's some third party out there who is under serious consideration, that changes things entirely.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Well....Ashford does need to follow Kodi's lead and switch to WR as soon as the season ends!!!

I also want Robby to switch positions. If Robby is told he needs to switch positions, I hope he doesn't enter the transfer portal hoping to go to another school so he can play QB. Robby has a TON of heart and we need that on our team. He may not be the best QB but the kid has as much fight and heart as anybody on this team. He competes till the last second. 

Hopefully Robby will stay at Auburn but as a WR. Whatever he chooses, he's an Auburn man in my book.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Cohen hinted at “Culture” and “Recruiting” as priorities in the next candidate. So think of the available coaches and see which candidates kinda fit. Also I am not sure who our Brian Kelly could be..Only one who fits to me is Dabo..

I know you did not mention Kiffin here, but I just want to ask everyone what is Kiffin's culture? Is he really someone we think matches Auburn's values and culture? I 100% see the recruiting aspect of it. But I personally do not see the culture aspect of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newbomb said:

Tommy is leaving the Senate and is coming back to coach.  He promised to give up duck hunting.

I heard MMc is PO-ed that he missed a few key votes to go duck hunting with BBQ boys.😉

46 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I also want Robby to switch positions. If Robby is told he needs to switch positions, I hope he doesn't enter the transfer portal hoping to go to another school so he can play QB. Robby has a TON of heart and we need that on our team. He may not be the best QB but the kid has as much fight and heart as anybody on this team. He competes till the last second. 

Hopefully Robby will stay at Auburn but as a WR. Whatever he chooses, he's an Auburn man in my book.

Just bc he can’t throw doesn’t automatically mean he can catch. lol

• Facepalm 1

Well according to the main person that covers Ole Miss for Rivals (and has for 10-15 years) Kiffen is indeed our first choice and Auburn has reached out to him. According to him, several sources indicate that Kiffen is leaning to staying at OM. He eventually really wants the bama job or maybe to go back to the NFL. He said he MAY take the job, but probably not. 

He also said Freeze is next in line and would take the job here…

straight from the OM site 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well according to the main person that covers Ole Miss for Rivals (and has for 10-15 years) Kiffen is indeed our first choice and Auburn has reached out to him. According to him, several sources indicate that Kiffen is leaning to staying at OM. He eventually really wants the bama job or maybe to go back to the NFL. He said he MAY take the job, but probably not. 

Sounds like old mrs is suffering from Carpathian kitten loss. 

19 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Boooo👎

• Like 1

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Wouldn't it be something if Freeze replaced Kiffen at OM.

All background noise aside, which one is the better coach and better recruiter? 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

All background noise aside, which one is the better coach and better recruiter? 

I am too biased to answer.  One of them doesn't meet the bar in terms of basic human decency in my book.

So, my heavily biased answer is Prime Time.  We are stupid if we do not do everything possible to hire CDS.  As an added bonus, I think he is smart enough to know that he has got to retain CCW.   Add the right coordinators and some good recruiters and,,, we are back!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

I am too biased to answer.  One of them doesn't meet the bar in terms of basic human decency in my book.

So, my heavily biased answer is Prime Time.  We are stupid if we do not do everything possible to hire CDS.  As an added bonus, I think he is smart enough to know that he has got to retain CCW.   Add the right coordinators and some good recruiters and,,, we are back!

Add the right coordinators and good recruiters and we are back with literally any competent HC lol. That’s the tough part. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

If it is indeed Freeze, that's been fairly obvious for some time and multiple posters here have stated why. He and Kiffin are roughly equal in positives and negatives and Freeze will cost half or less than Lame Lane would cost. Freeze would crawl over broken glass to get the AU job and Lame Lane would have to be convinced/bought. Choosing Freeze from between these two is a no brainer. If there's some third party out there who is under serious consideration, that changes things entirely.

It's not Freeze... It won't be Freeze unless we just whiff on any of our targets, which i don't think we do. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2
  • Love 1