AU vs Winthrop and other top games

AURex

Auburn plays Winthrop Tuesday night (6:00 PM Central time on SEC Network). This is like an exhibition game. but it will give a good picture of the new Auburn BB team..

A real game Tuesday night is Kentucky vs Michigan State. Tom Izzo always has a good team at Mich St. And this year Kentucky actually has a group of players who did not jump pro right away, so a more experienced team. UKs superstar big man, Oscar Tshiebwe, is uncertain for the game. So it might be competitive.

UK is a 6 point favorite. Might be a fun game to watch. ESPN at 6:00 PM your time

Another BIG game Tuesday night is Kansas vs Duke. Two of the Blue Bloods of NCAA basketball. Ranked number 6 and 7  in early season polling. This could be a good one.

On ESPN at 8:30 PM Central time. Looks like it might be a good BB night.

• Thanks 2

I’m hoping these early season games help us to develop in areas where we are deficient.  We’ve got to find a couple of reliable shooters for this team to be good.   We also need Broome and Trajore to get acclimated quickly!

That Kansas v Duke game sounds like a good one!  I may watch that one after the AU game.  

14 hours ago, AURex said:
Auburn plays Winthrop Tuesday night (6:00 PM Central time on SEC Network). This is like an exhibition game. but it will give a good picture of the new Auburn BB team..

A real game Tuesday night is Kentucky vs Michigan State. Tom Izzo always has a good team at Mich St. And this year Kentucky actually has a group of players who did not jump pro right away, so a more experienced team. UKs superstar big man, Oscar Tshiebwe, is uncertain for the game. So it might be competitive.

UK is a 6 point favorite. Might be a fun game to watch. ESPN at 6:00 PM your time

Another BIG game Tuesday night is Kansas vs Duke. Two of the Blue Bloods of NCAA basketball. Ranked number 6 and 7  in early season polling. This could be a good one.

On ESPN at 8:30 PM Central time. Looks like it might be a good BB night.

While I think we win comfortably, Winthrop is not an exhibition game. They were only down 10 to Penn State midway through the second half on a night that Penn State set a program record for made threes (18), and just beat Middle Tennessee. They shoot the ball well and if they make shots could make this game uncomfortable. That being said we should be able to dominate several areas of the game, but this game is much more about us figuring us out than anything else. Does Westry play, how is Broome's ankle, can we shoot the ball better etc....

I think UK will be great once they gel a bit more. So far, I don’t think CJ is much better, if at all than Mintz was by the end of the season. Their defensive potential seems great, but State got some really quality looks drawn up late. 

I shudder to think what that team will look like without Oscar though. Almost every possession involved him getting a touch (as it probably should). 

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think UK will be great once they gel a bit more. So far, I don’t think CJ is much better, if at all than Mintz was by the end of the season. Their defensive potential seems great, but State got some really quality looks drawn up late. 

I shudder to think what that team will look like without Oscar though. Almost every possession involved him getting a touch (as it probably should). 

Oscar Tshiebwe is the only reason I take pause and watch UK play ball.  Tshiebwe is amazing!

• Like 1