Men vs Winthrop

tgrogan21

Cardwell goes up HIGH for the block! Looks to have come down on the Winthrop players ankle but he's able to walk off on his own power.

24-15 with 7:10 left.

Westry commits the foul and Winthrop goes 1-2 from the line.

24-16 Auburn

Tre missed 3.

Cardwell with the BLOCK! But Westry turns it over and then commits the foul. 2 fouls in very limited minutes.

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Nothing natural. I dont know what the outlook of our team is if this continues. 

I'd think pretty poor in SEC play if things continued, but I'd also hope that CBP earns his pay check and manufactures something better than this freelance offense (that they've admittedly ran since I've started watching).

The defense is stifling and there's a ton of guys who look good around the rim when teams can't just sit in the paint and they don't settle for threes they have no business shooting. You should be able to create something that's competitive with that 

Flan with a foul and Winthrop is in the bonus with 4:16 left.

Missed the front end. Flan rebound. Flan missed 3 but Cardwell is there for another offensive board. Should have been called for an over the back but apparently Cardwell is the one that gets fouled.

29-20 Auburn 3:58 left at the media timeout.

If our guards could learn to get our 5s involved every possession ... we'd be something special.

Broome: 8 points, 6 rebounds, 5 blocks, 2 steals.

Cardwell: 4 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal.

• Like 1

Cardwell checks in and immediately commits a foul. Bit on the head fake inside. Just his first of the night.

Winthrop makes 1-2.

31-21 Auburn

Winthrop with the layup. Williams hit the court and left them wide open in the paint.

39-26 Auburn

Jaylin misses the last second bucket. Not a great possesion as Green went for an alley-oop, WIlliams got the rebound but couldn't get it to fall. No need to attempt the oop with 5 seconds left.

39-26 Auburn at half.

Still a terrible last possession 😀

But I’ll take a 13 point lead. Great game by Broome and nice to see westry in there. Westry looked pretty good running PG!

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Winthrop with the layup. Williams hit the court and left them wide open in the paint.

39-26 Auburn

Jaylin misses the last second bucket. Not a great possesion as Green went for an alley-oop, WIlliams got the rebound but couldn't get it to fall. No need to attempt the oop with 5 seconds left.

39-26 Auburn at half.

Some pushing and shoving on Jaylin last couple of possessions and no calls.

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Still a terrible last possession 😀

But I’ll take a 13 point lead. Great game by Broome and nice to see westry in there. Westry looked pretty good running PG!

He can't commit 3 fouls in 5 minutes. Needs to play better on the defense end but hopefully that'll get better with time.

Just now, AUDevil said:

Some pushing and shoving on Jaylin last couple of possessions and no calls.

Yeah noticed a couple of them. A couple of our guys have hit the deck and no calls. But didn't get a good look or even a replay so couldn't say what happened.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

He can't commit 3 fouls in 5 minutes. Needs to play better on the defense end but hopefully that'll get better with time.

Yeah noticed a couple of them. A couple of our guys have hit the deck and no calls. But didn't get a good look or even a replay so couldn't say what happened.

Bruce letting the refs have it…and told Jaylin to let the refs have it, too!

• Like 1

Broome looks amazing. This was how I expected him to play against USF. Over half-way to a triple double. Hope it was just the ankle injury causing him problems.

• Like 1