Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Dabo with Lane very interested should we not get our man. Just FYI keep the Info dl for now 

giphy.gif

Also, it is on a public forum. Prepare for that to be screen shotted and sent to twitter.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

There is no way Dabo isn’t trolling us and trying to waste our time…why even bother to talk to him?

The more I think about it of course, the more I wonder if Lane is trolling us too.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

Kiffin is worth wasting some time. He's an exciting "now" name in a job we can pay him more to leave. He has coached at bama, but has no ties there beyond that and probably isn't in this to milk a big extension out of Ole Miss. Dabo, I feel fairly certain either is or he's running from something. The dude is bammer through and through and most consider him a top choice for Saban's replacement, which can't be that far away. He's had a lot of success recruiting Clemson but he doesn't have Saban and Kirby in his back yard. I DEFINITELY think that guy is trolling us. I just hope we hired an AD who can listen but not over-commit. 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

He's had a lot of success recruiting Clemson but he doesn't have Saban and Kirby in his back yard.

He’s had a ton of recruiting success in Georgia and Alabama in Saban and Kirby’s backyard. Recruits Florida well too. 

• Like 3

Dumbo is a Bama homer, I don't want him, he was raised hating Auburn. That comment he made after beating Auburn several years ago still stings. Plus I am not calling another grown man "Dabo" 

" His momma named him Clay, I'm gonna call him Clay, he Clay to me. " 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

There is no way Dabo isn’t trolling us and trying to waste our time…why even bother to talk to him?

The more I think about it of course, the more I wonder if Lane is trolling us too.

Only it’s a true reality if it’s dell, right ?

6 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Dabo with Lane very interested should we not get our man. Just FYI keep the Info dl for now 

Welcome back!

6 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Freeze it is, then.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

Y'all saying you don't want Dabo becuase he is a bammer kill me. Dude has built a program from nothing and won two NCs while doing it I could give an ef what his alma mater is, I would be ecstatic if we got Dabo (it's not happening)

I think most people know he is an unbelievable coach and recruiter, but that it makes no sense at all for him to leave Clemson. Especially to come here of all places. 
I mean, he could retire there. They love him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think most people know he is an unbelievable coach and recruiter, but that it makes no sense at all for him to leave Clemson. Especially to come here of all places. 

Doubt he is in play but would get him near relatives without having to immediately follow who many consider GOAT at Bama.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I agree but I was specifically talking to certain posters who said they would hate him because he is a bammer like really? Lol 

I don't think he comes here, this is all smoke i still think it's Lane all the way. 

• Like 2

I get that everyone is questioning why he would leave Clemson for AU.... 

BUT.... Let's look at BK who left ND (the most overrated job and easiest to recruit and win at) for LSU because he wanted to be able to compete in the SEC with the new Conf alignments that are coming it is just a matter of time before all coaches will have to either be in the SEC or B1G to legit have a shot in both recruiting and championships... he could be trying to align himself for the future.... 

OR.... he could be trolling... time will tell 

FWIW, there was some minor momentum toward hiring Dabo as AU's HC when he was still a position coach at Clemson. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taker said:

I get that everyone is questioning why he would leave Clemson for AU.... 

BUT.... Let's look at BK who left ND (the most overrated job and easiest to recruit and win at) for LSU because he wanted to be able to compete in the SEC with the new Conf alignments that are coming it is just a matter of time before all coaches will have to either be in the SEC or B1G to legit have a shot in both recruiting and championships... he could be trying to align himself for the future.... 

OR.... he could be trolling... time will tell 

I actually think Notre Dame is tougher to recruit than LSU. At LSU, you have the entire state of Louisiana at your disposal. And that is one heck of a fertile Recruiting area. Plus, I believe there are grade restrictions with the scholarships that you can give at Notre Dame. That may have changed but I’m not sure.
I think sometime soon, Notre Dame will join a conference.

Plus, Kelly never won a national championship at Notre Dame. And he did not take Notre Dame to a place it has never been in history. Dabo did at Clemson. It just makes no sense and seems like a smokescreen to get more money.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I actually think Notre Dame is tougher to recruit than LSU. At LSU, you have the entire state of Louisiana at your disposal. And that is one heck of a fertile Recruiting area. Plus, I believe there are grade restrictions with the scholarships that you can give at Notre Dame. That may have changed but I’m not sure.
I think sometime soon, Notre Dame will join a conference.

Plus, Kelly never won a national championship at Notre Dame. And he did not take Notre Dame to a place it has never been in history. Dabo did at Clemson. It just makes no sense and seems like a smokescreen to get more money.

Oh for sure I agree with what you are saying... I am not saying he is looking to come.... BUT there are definitely some aspects that would appeal to him I'm sure.... or it's a bubble screen on 3rd and long (slim chance it works but could possibly)

Dabo & Lane are back-ups 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

Go home coaching search, you're drunk

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Y'all saying you don't want Dabo becuase he is a bammer kill me. Dude has built a program from nothing and won two NCs while doing it I could give an ef what his alma mater is, I would be ecstatic if we got Dabo he would be the best coach Auburn has ever hired.  (it's not happening)

Even if we accept he could come here, he’d be out the door if offered the bama job, which could be open sooner than later.

If he’ll put it in writing prior to the IB, I’m ok with it. But he’d still be a lower priority look with me.