Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

15 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

My frat bro friend always said, "Beauty is a light switch away"

My old bro friend (RIP) used to say, “She’s a bagger. Sometimes a double bagger.”

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Agree. I think Dabo is a solid coach but recently his flaws are really showing. I like that he's loyal but he seems very stubborn to stick to his way...the Clemson way. That gives me flashbacks to Gus. We could do worse but I'd always be wondering how long he'd really be at Auburn until the little man retires. 

I'm not convinced Gus couldn't have replicated Dabo's success at Clemson the last 10 years.  And I am not convinced Dabo would have done any better than Gus if he had been here playing in the SWC West the past 10 years.  With FSU and Miami's slide over that period, and the SEC eating themselves alive except for Bama (and now UGA), Clemson was in perfect shape to sit there quietly and slip into the championship games those years, fresh as a daisy...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

We would be the fool if we did hire him. Dabo is a self-indulging bammer clown.

See, that is what we call a "Difference of opinion" I know that most people on message boards don't know what that is but once upon a time it was a normal occurrence... 2 people could have their own thoughts and express said thoughts and everyone understood and thought "Well I don't agree but I respect your opinion" now we simply must fire up the torches and excerpt our presumed dominance into the situation. 

TLDR: we respectfully disagree.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Viper said:

My old bro friend (RIP) used to say, “She’s a bagger. Sometimes a double bagger.”

What about the third bag you leave by the door in case you have an unexpected visitor?

1 hour ago, rexbo said:

I'm not convinced Gus couldn't have replicated Dabo's success at Clemson the last 10 years.  And I am not convinced Dabo would have done any better than Gus if he had been here playing in the SWC West the past 10 years.  With FSU and Miami's slide over that period, and the SEC eating themselves alive except for Bama (and now UGA), Clemson was in perfect shape to sit there quietly and slip into the championship games those years, fresh as a daisy...

Gus didn’t recruit and develop future NFL QBs like Boyd, Watson, and Lawrence the way Dabo does. Any coach who can consistently do that can contend in any conference. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Gus didn’t recruit and develop future NFL QBs like Boyd, Watson, and Lawrence the way Dabo does. Any coach who can consistently do that can contend in any conference. 

Gus ran a new high school offense that fooled opposing teams for a couple years.  After that, defenses adapted and rendered his offense pedestrian.  Yet he made no adjustments.

Minus Cam Newton and Nick Marshall, Gus' offenses were nothing to be admired.

I wonder what Jeremy Johnson could have achieved under Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze.  Maybe as much as Malik Willis did.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

I never see Deion's name mentioned in the mainstream media's articles anymore, in relation to the AU HC job.

Is he still a viable candidate for AU HC?

1 hour ago, Taker said:

See, that is what we call a "Difference of opinion" I know that most people on message boards don't know what that is but once upon a time it was a normal occurrence... 2 people could have their own thoughts and express said thoughts and everyone understood and thought "Well I don't agree but I respect your opinion" now we simply must fire up the torches and excerpt our presumed dominance into the situation. 

TLDR: we respectfully disagree.

All well and fine, but other than success at an ACC program, why do you like Dabo? Is it his 30-minute post-game BYOG speeches over Syracuse? His TV Evangelist personality? His keen dislike of Auburn? Or D. All of the above?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

What about the third bag you leave by the door in case you have an unexpected visitor?

Pass it like a baton on your way out…

xluna-high-five.gif

Edited by Viper
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

All well and fine, but other than success at an ACC program, why do you like Dabo? Is it his 30-minute post-game BYOG speeches over Syracuse? His TV Evangelist personality? His keen dislike of Auburn? Or D. All of the above?

One thing Dabo gets: if you want to contend for championships, recruit and develop top talent QBs. Give me an AU coach who give us 10-12 straight years of NFL talent at QB, and I’ll put up with his personality and bad speeches. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Viper said:

Hey Viper, I understand your disdain for him, I really do. As far as what I like about Dabo that we have not had at Auburn possibly ever,

A) He has proven that he can have sustained success in building and maintaining a program/staff regardless of what conference he is currently in that is a plug and play model that translates across all conferences 

B) Recruiting, he has shown that he can CONSISTENTLY recruit top talent to go to Clemson, SC and play so I would have to assume that this trait would also translate to a jump into the SEC at Auburn also.

C) His pressers, Yes I get that his excitement and cheesy lines are not for everyone, but it is A LOT better than the Coach speak or passing of blame that we have grown accustomed to over the last several years. 

D) His personality It doesn't particularly bother me in the "TV Evangelist" side any more than Carnells should. I think that everyone should have their own beliefs and stand on them and not try to FORCE them on anyone else. 

E) His dislike, this actually is quit humorous to me... we are upset over comments that he made 11 years ago about bearing an Auburn team and stopping their streak, he did go to school at UAturd and for that I can't say I mind His comments good for him for loving his past. Who cares what he said back then I would hope that if he comes to AU he will understand it just like BP did after being a conference rival

Again TLDR: He is experienced and proven, who cares what he said about Auburn a decade ago. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Viper said:

His winning percentages since 2015 is pretty amazing (was in 4 national champianship groups, winning 2national champianships. That’s pretty outstanding.

• Like 2

I have not read all these pages but Dabo would be beyond a HR hire. Yes, he went to Bama but considering his success and age I'm not sure there would be a better hire period.

Edited by thewhiz7
  • Like 3

I love when fans say they will renounce their fanhood if this coach or that coach is hired. Nobody cares lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I love when fans say they will renounce their fanhood if this coach or that coach is hired. Nobody cares lol. 

Sometimes people need to look intl the mirror and tell the person looking back that they are not special and the world spins regardless of them Screenshot_20221118_184704.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Taker said:

Sometimes people need to look intl the mirror and tell the person looking back that they are not special and the world spins regardless of them Screenshot_20221118_184704.jpg

Couldn't AGREE more.  Excluding myself of course.  I am special.  My mommy said so.

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Couldn't AGREE more.  Excluding myself of course.  I am special.  My mommy said so.

I found a picture of you as a childScreenshot_20221118_185736.jpg

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nor is it fair to all those players we are really supposed to be supporting. I can understand if it’s a morality issue with the coach, but bc they played at the Uni nearest to their hometown? That’s pretty extreme.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1

If Dabo is available hire him. He will do great at AU. No question. Would be a monster hire . And if you think otherwise you are drunk and not a college football fan. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Viper said:

We would be the fool if we did hire him. Dabo is a self-indulging bammer clown.

There were turds out there that said Bama was a fool for hiring Saban because Saban said he wasn’t leaving Miami, and he was a Yankee from Big Ten country, who never coached under the Bear. So they were honestly upset with the higher.

On 11/17/2022 at 5:22 AM, AUwent said:

There is no way Dabo isn’t trolling us and trying to waste our time…why even bother to talk to him?

The more I think about it of course, the more I wonder if Lane is trolling us too.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Thanks Auburn!!!! Later.. signed Deion,Burner,Lame, and Debo... LOL... CADDY!! CADDY!! 

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

If Dabo is available hire him. He will do great at AU. No question. Would be a monster hire . And if you think otherwise you are drunk and not a college football fan. 

You are Dabo.  Why the H do you come to Auburn and play the SEC west and UGA?  You have a job where you will go 11-1 guaranteed the next 5 years and be at worst playoff fringe.  Don’t think I understand this one.  

On 11/17/2022 at 1:14 AM, austudnt23 said:

Dabo with Lane very interested should we not get our man. Just FYI keep the Info dl for now 

Yep! They be "front runners" on somebody's list. Yep! Um ..... OK.