Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

Just now, DKW 86 said:

If we hire a non-entity like Steele, Beamer, Clawson, Grimes....

Pearl was a Homerun Hire. We need a Homerun Hire like that for Football...

Using the logic that the PTB makes the decisions at Auburn, they must have made the HR hire of Pearl, so could also make a HR hire at Football too.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Using the logic that the PTB makes the decisions at Auburn, they must have made the HR hire of Pearl, so could also make a HR hire at Football too.

Blind squirreled it, no doubt... lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Good gracious...My point was the guy making the decision, COHEN, is not a Jaba hire. Therefore, he will probably not be making a JABA hire. In fact, if it seems like he is swinging for the fences E.G (Dabo), reaching out to the likes of CLK, etc. If anybody wants to make a JABA hire it is the fans begging for Caddy to be the HC.

Whether you said his name or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is this premise of a JABA like hire potential when there has been nothing of sort to point to that since Roberts came in office.

Agree whole heartily with you comments.  We are witnessing a new day at Auburn.  A president who is his own man and makes his own decisions.  He runs them by the Trustees but he has proven over his tenure at Auburn to be a great decision maker.  Ask anyone who is familiar with the Engineering School.  And Cohen is of the same make-up.  He may not have been at AU long, but during his entire career he is thorough in his research and has come to be known as a very competent AD.  JABA is a thing of the past and we AU fans need to get on board and quit being so negative.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, DAG said:

Good gracious...My point was the guy making the decision, COHEN, is not a Jaba hire. Therefore, he will probably not be making a JABA hire. In fact, if it seems like he is swinging for the fences E.G (Dabo), reaching out to the likes of CLK, etc. If anybody wants to make a JABA hire it is the fans begging for Caddy to be the HC.

Whether you said his name or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is this premise of a JABA like hire potential when there has been nothing of sort to point to that since Roberts came in office.

You make some really good points. At first I thought this hire would just be another C+ hire like Auburn has been known to make. But the more I listen to Cohen talk about his vision and plans, the more I start to feel like he will make the right hire for the football program. 

At MSU, Cohen did great things like adding on to the football stadium, renovating the basketball arena and I'm almost positive he got them to build a new baseball stadium/facility. Some MSU fans said he was really tight with money but looking at everything he got renovated and built, he was anything but tight. 

I also like that his hires were pretty big names for Starkville. He hired Ben Howland as basketball coach. Howland coached UCLA and went to a few Final Fours in a short timespan. He hired Moorehead from Penn State to replace Mullen leaving. He then fired Moorehead and hired Mike Leach. The baseball coach he hired just won the College World Series. That title is the only championship the school has ever won in ANY sport. 

Those are pretty big names for a school like Mississippi State. I feel really confident Cohen will hire the best coach for Auburn. I trust his vision until he gives me reason not to. WDE

• Like 2

I like this new administration and the direction they appear to be headed. However, Cohen may have to settle for who he can ultimately get as opposed to who he really wanted. Regardless, our new coach will be presented as the coach he was really after. Be that true or not, I will support Cohen, the new coach and especially the team. Always Have. Always Will.  WDE

w  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, LPTiger said:

One, you don't know Russ like I do.   Two, that would be a bad bet.   Three, you're not a lawyer and don't understand how legit lawyers, like Russ, fiercely protect their clients.   We cut his client's legs out from under him with the public investigation and further embarrassed him by firing him mid-season.  Put yourself in his shoes and you will see how ridiculous it is to think Dabo is coming to Auburn.        

Not saying your wrong, but if Dabo wants to come to Auburn then he'll come.   It's his decision after all.

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

You make some really good points. At first I thought this hire would just be another C+ hire like Auburn has been known to make. But the more I listen to Cohen talk about his vision and plans, the more I start to feel like he will make the right hire for the football program. 

At MSU, Cohen did great things like adding on to the football stadium, renovating the basketball arena and I'm almost positive he got them to build a new baseball stadium/facility. Some MSU fans said he was really tight with money but looking at everything he got renovated and built, he was anything but tight. 

I also like that his hires were pretty big names for Starkville. He hired Ben Howland as basketball coach. Howland coached UCLA and went to a few Final Fours in a short timespan. He hired Moorehead from Penn State to replace Mullen leaving. He then fired Moorehead and hired Mike Leach. The baseball coach he hired just won the College World Series. That title is the only championship the school has ever won in ANY sport. 

Those are pretty big names for a school like Mississippi State. I feel really confident Cohen will hire the best coach for Auburn. I trust his vision until he gives me reason not to. WDE

No-one can accurately predict whether the new coach will be successful or not. I believe seeing and understanding (to a point), gives us optimism in the process the new AD is using. Hopefully the process will reduce our bad choices, and help us really impact that coaching hire curve Mikey brought to our attention.

21 hours ago, DAG said:

Good gracious...My point was the guy making the decision, COHEN, is not a Jaba hire. Therefore, he will probably not be making a JABA hire. In fact, it seems like he is swinging for the fences E.G (Dabo), reaching out to the likes of CLK, etc. If anybody wants to make a JABA hire it is the fans begging for Caddy to be the HC.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what does JABA mean?

On 11/17/2022 at 10:19 AM, shabby said:

And malzahn said we beat the dog $hit out of Georgia when we beat them. So freaking what. It's what coaches do in the emotion of it all. Tuberville held up 6 fingers. 

It's a little different.  He was the coach at Clemson and said roll tide after beating us.  Like I said, I think he is a great coach and would be a great hire.  I'm just not sure he is the best fit for AU. 

And for the record:  Gus never cussed.  He said 'crap"

1 hour ago, AuGrad2004 said:

It's a little different.  He was the coach at Clemson and said roll tide after beating us.  Like I said, I think he is a great coach and would be a great hire.  I'm just not sure he is the best fit for AU. 

I love that about Gus!  He's a mediocre football coach as wins and losses go, but I love his heart for Jesus and that he considers coaching his ministry!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AuGrad2004 said:

He is all Bammer. Dabo would never come to Auburn.