Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

Just now, woodford said:

People thumbing their nose at the guy who has won the same amount of *official* national championships as Auburn has in the past 6 years.

There are some concerns but it’s pretty comical people are waving more red flags for Dabo than for Deion, Freeze, or Kiffin. 

Well those other guys aren’t Bammers [yellow font]

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

When SEC teams are pulling in close to $70M from the new tv deal and ACC teams are still getting around $17M  you will understand 

I actually think it will be closer to $90M or more

1 minute ago, AU Is Gold said:

I'm very confused at some of you. What's wrong with Dabo as coach? I would be ecstatic if he came to Auburn. Dabo would be a boom hire however likely it may be. 

He has been very vocal against NIL.  NIL is here regardless of what the old guard thinks. 

• Like 1

I'm very confused at some of you. What's wrong with Dabo as coach? I would be ecstatic if he came to Auburn. Dabo would be a boom hire however likely it may be. 

He attended UAT when Bill Clinton was president. Oh and he’s owned Auburn in the 5 times he’s coached against us. *

*can’t remember if he was the coach in the 07 Peach Bowl

1 hour ago, Taker said:

Let's look at BK who left ND (the most overrated job and easiest to recruit and win at)

Notre Dame is not easy to recruit at due to some academic restrictions. Is it easier than Stanford? Yes, but not easier than LSU. 

Even if Notre Dame and LSU were academically on the same level, LSU blows Notre Dame away with its talent footprint. Likely a big reason why Kelly left. 

• Like 1

If Dabo is so anti NIL then he will not be hired so that debate doesn’t hold much water imo

NIL is the major caveat in this hiring round. You have to support it 100% or you won’t be considered. 

• Like 1

After the 2011 post game against Clemson, Dabo would be an idiot to come here. The fans would never embrace him. This is all smoke. He just has too much Bama in him.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

I really don't care that much about a coach's past affiliation for a hiring criteria. Some of you act like we are hiring a secret spy that's coming to bomb the program. And if hiring Dabo is legitimate, I think he would have to understand that NIL and the transfer portal are here to stay. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

After the 2011 post game against Clemson, Dabo would be an idiot to come here. The fans would never embrace him. This is all smoke. 

I would embrace him. So would my whole family. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

55 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He just signed a massive new 10 year contract paying him $11.5/year with a very hefty buyout so not sure what else he wants, 

Staff raises to recruit and retain top assistants? Larger recruiting budget? Sometimes the one you're with needs to be shown how valuable you are(worked for Malzahn in regards to Arkansas somehow). Of course it could massively blow up in his face doing that. I don't know the man well enough to ascribe motive. I am merely postulating. He could be a man of his word. He could be sincere. I doubt it but we shall see. 

Look, this isn't unheard of. Bruce Pearl had his name leaked for the Louisville job and he turned that into more money for himself and his assistants. He even said that his assistants getting a raise was important to him.  Pearl being the same coach that will have a building named after him at some point at Auburn. The same coach that says Auburn is the best place and he wants to retire from Auburn some day. 

Some of you act like we are hiring a secret spy that's coming to bomb the program.

Not so farfetched, that was Harsin...

1 minute ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Staff raises to recruit and retain top assistants? Larger recruiting budget? Sometimes the one you're with needs to be shown how valuable you are(worked for Malzahn in regards to Arkansas somehow). Of course it could massively blow up in his face doing that. I don't know the man well enough to ascribe motive. I am merely postulating. He could be a man of his word. He could be sincere. I doubt it but we shall see. 

Look, this isn't unheard of. Bruce Pearl had his name leaked for the Louisville job and he turned that into more money for himself and his assistants. He even said that his assistants getting a raise was important to him.  Pearl being the same coach that will have a building named after him at some point at Auburn. The same coach that says Auburn is the best place and he wants to retire from Auburn some day. 

Dabos buyout is 6MM if he leaves.  It is only remaining contract if he is fired

4 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Not so farfetched, that was Harsin...

I was never in on Harsin to begin with. That was a completely botched hire from the very beginning. 

30 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Ha you just said what more can he want and I agreed with you.  And then you post this. I am confused (which happens a lot I admit). 
image.gif

In regards to contract terms from Clemson.  He already has technically a better contract than Saban as its a longer term and has a hefty buyout.  

If he leaves Clemson it will be because he sees that with the new SEC and Big10 tv deals, conference expansions, etc that Clemson is about to be left behind.  

Edited by AEAugirl

This whole argument that Coach A is a bammer thus can't coach at Auburn is dumbest thing I've ever seen posted for the following reasons: 

1) Alabama already did the whole Inbred coaching pedigree thing when they tried to replace Bear Bryant. They ended up with Dubose as their coach for that very reason. When I think of "don't be a Bammer" this is what I think of. 

2) A good coach is a good coach. They don't come to Auburn for millions of dollar and do a bad job because they may have an Alabama connection. They do their best job because they are professionals that wish to have success.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So beyond OP's speculation, is there anything or anyone else with ANY shred of evidence that Dabo is really interested in us? 

Did I miss something in this thread or on another?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

This whole argument that Coach A is a bammer thus can't coach at Auburn is dumbest thing I've ever seen posted for the following reasons: 

1) Alabama already did the whole Inbred coaching pedigree thing when they tried to replace Bear Bryant. They ended up with Dubose as their coach for that very reason. When I think of "don't be a Bammer" this is what I think of. 

2) A good coach is a good coach. They don't come to Auburn for millions of dollar and do a bad job because they may have an Alabama connection. They do their best job because they are professionals that wish to have success.

Wait a minute….you’re saying Dabo wouldn’t take the job just so he could screw with us??!!

1 hour ago, au81bs said:

I'm not a Dabo fan, but not wanting a winning coach because of his school background is confusing.  I hate UGA worse than UAT, but we accepted and honored Pat Dye.  Didn't he go to UGA? Dooley is loved at UGA, didn't he go to AU?  I think we can learn to accept any coach as long as they are winning.  And as long as we support the coach, I think they will stay with AU (that's a big if, as our boosters seem to screw up any time we have something positive going).  Just get someone in here that can make us consistent, competitive, and off the up and down roller coaster seasons we seem to endure.

Dye-Pat-kneeling.jpgVince%20Dooley%20Auburn%20513701-L.jpg

Edited by Chaotic_zx
Added Dooley

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Supposedly, one of the rumors out there is the Turds are telling Kiffin don’t go to Auburn, or you will never replace Satan. Dabo was butt hurt by this because he always felt like he would be Satan’s replacement. So Dabo said he’s interested in the Auburn job. Again, total rumor!

Since Auburn now has a real AD, the schedule may actually lighten up at least a little bit, once Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC, so the AU job is even more appealing than it was just a calendar year ago.

If said rumor is true does  that mean the only reason he would take this job is to get back at the turds ? 

I think some people would not want him due to his love of bama and hatred of AU. But i think most of us just don't believe he would seriously consider the job because of said bama love and AU hate. There is a difference there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU North said:

Being a former player at a particular school and then becoming the head coach at that schools #1 rival in the SEC is not unheard of. Please consider Vince Dooley @ Georgia and Pat Dye at Auburn. 

I don't think this is going to be the case here but it has happened.  WDE  

Dye, Dooley and so forth never made themselves into an ass before being hired at their respective schools. Swinney is an ass.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

After the 2011 post game against Clemson, Dabo would be an idiot to come here. The fans would never embrace him. This is all smoke. He just has too much Bama in him.

This HOF coach would risk his legacy just to stick it to Auburn?