Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

4 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

If said rumor is true does  that mean the only reason he would take this job is to get back at the turds ? 

If true, would we care? I'm not saying Dabo is the answer. Some fans would never trust him. Would his heart truly be in it? The most beloved coaches in Auburn history loved Auburn for Auburn and then Auburn loved them back. Could he learn that? I'm saying that if he is truly interested, he has to be at the top of any want list regardless of his reasoning. He has a better resume and experience than any name I've heard/read mentioned. 

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

This HOF coach would risk his legacy just to stick it to Auburn?

This right here. Coaches at this level are professionals, they don't think about these things the way most fans do. This is their career, their livelihood, and it is first and foremost a people business. People don't burn bridges over school rivalries, passionate as they may be. Dabo is one of the most respected names in this business right now. He's not putting that at risk because "he's got too much Bama in him" 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUAlumnTN said:

This right here. Coaches at this level are professionals, they don't think about these things the way most fans do. This is their career, their livelihood, and it is first and foremost a people business. People don't burn bridges over school rivalries, passionate as they may be. Dabo is one of the most respected names in this business right now. He's not putting that at risk because "he's got too much Bama in him" 

Dabo wasn't very professional after his Clemson team snapped AU's win streak, was he? He is a full-blown jerk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Dye, Dooley and so forth never made themselves into an ass before being hired at their respective schools. Swinney is an ass.

THIS^^^    It is not that he coached at bama or any rival of ours,  but that he has gone out of his way to vocalize his obsessive hatred for Auburn.   I am sure he would do a fine job if hired   here.  I would support him like any other AU coach,  I just do not trust him.  There are 4 or 5 other coaches i have seen mentioned  I would want before him.   

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Dabo wasn't very professional after his Clemson team snapped AU's win streak, was he? He is a full-blown jerk.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you this but there is a world of difference between a post-game soundbite and how they conduct their professional business off the field. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I would’ve done the same thing tbh. That was massive for their program. He also owns Auburn fwiw 4-1 I believe? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

I can't believe I have to explain this to you this but there is a world of difference between a post-game soundbite and how they conduct their professional business off the field. 

11 years ago, no less.

13 minutes ago, AuGrad2004 said:

I may be remembering wrong but didn't Dabo say roll tide after beating us?  He's a great coach but may not be the best fit here.

And malzahn said we beat the dog $hit out of Georgia when we beat them. So freaking what. It's what coaches do in the emotion of it all. Tuberville held up 6 fingers. 

Edited by shabby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Agree. And using that logic, we never should have hired Dye. He was a filthy dawg and further tainted himself by coached under the Bahr at bammer.

Dye is the same as if we had hired Kirby.

Dabo is a completely different species of filth.

It’s like comparing a dog to a hyena. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

If true, would we care? I'm not saying Dabo is the answer. Some fans would never trust him. Would his heart truly be in it? The most beloved coaches in Auburn history loved Auburn for Auburn and then Auburn loved them back. Could he learn that? I'm saying that if he is truly interested, he has to be at the top of any want list regardless of his reasoning. He has a better resume and experience than any name I've heard/read mentioned. 

I think the more pressing questions for Dabo would be if his feelings on NIL and the transfer portal have changed? He's been fairly outspoken publicly against NIL and has pointedly not made much use of the transfer portal despite Clemson having some significant roster holes the past few seasons. To me that's a non-starter given where Auburn currently finds itself. 

There's also the matter of his coordinator hires. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Dabo owes quite a bit of his success to Brent Venables and Tony Elliott. His decision to replace both of them with internal hires deserves quite a bit of scrutiny given their on-field results this year. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I certainly would care. And you are correct I would never trust him, but who the hell am I in the grand scheme of things Even though I did score four touchdowns in one game. 

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

After the 2011 post game against Clemson, Dabo would be an idiot to come here. The fans would never embrace him. This is all smoke. He just has too much Bama in him.

So forgive me, but what exactly did Dabo do after 2011? I watched the video and I don't see or hear anything really out of the way? Because he said Death Valley is the best place to end our winning streak? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would flat out be surprised for Dabo to come to Auburn.  He has a much easier path to the NC in the ACC.  Is loved at Clemson for producing two National Championships.  I don't get it.  More money at Auburn?

Edited by Newbomb

Weird how Dabo gets sh*t on for the fake preacher like image but Deion is praised for it. 

All this salt from Auburn fans regarding Dabo is embarrassing. This is the inferiority complex that Bammers talk about.

Edited by woodford
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 4

This just seems like a "look at my right hand while pop you with a left" diversion.     No way is Dabo leaving Auburn-with-an-easy-scheudle to come to the real Auburn.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not directed at you Mikey. Im quoting you because you mention it. I don't get all the whining and crying about Dabo's post game speech in 2011. Unless there was something more that I didn't see. The man was hyped about beating a team that hadnt lost a game in 2 years. What do we expect him to say?   I just don't get the hate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aucosby said:

Clemson Booster… 

Are you saying that was from a Clemson booster that spoke with Dabo and then reported back to you that Dabo said that it was not true? 

There is much context left to be desired...