Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

2 hours ago, AUAlumnTN said:

This right here. Coaches at this level are professionals, they don't think about these things the way most fans do. This is their career, their livelihood, and it is first and foremost a people business. People don't burn bridges over school rivalries, passionate as they may be. Dabo is one of the most respected names in this business right now. He's not putting that at risk because "he's got too much Bama in him" 

LOL, coaches are professionals, but agents are pure slime 

After much consideration and back room negotiating....Auburn University has extended an offer to the most creative mind in college football. 

Coach Cline has also promised to bring his highly prized linebacker with him. 

Coach-Klein.webp

• Love 1

I went to same high school as Dabo.   I graduated with his older brother Tracey.   I didn't associate with him because I was a cool senior (not really) and he was a lowly freshman, but the boy is bammer thru and thru.   Now time and money changes a lot of things, but I think Auburn would be on his "only if my highest expectations are met" list.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Y'all saying you don't want Dabo becuase he is a bammer kill me. Dude has built a program from nothing and won two NCs while doing it I could give an ef what his alma mater is, I would be ecstatic if we got Dabo he would be the best coach Auburn has ever hired.  (it's not happening)

The same guys were begging us to get Smart. Make it make sense. Smart is a MUCH more obnoxious human being and also from a bitter rival. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think most people know he is an unbelievable coach and recruiter, but that it makes no sense at all for him to leave Clemson. Especially to come here of all places. 
I mean, he could retire there. They love him.

It makes more sense than believe. Dabo wants to come back to Alabama and bammer is not getting rid of Saban rn.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think most people know he is an unbelievable coach and recruiter, but that it makes no sense at all for him to leave Clemson. Especially to come here of all places. 
I mean, he could retire there. They love him.

It makes no sense for Lincoln Riley to leave Oklahoma. It makes no sense for JF to leave Tallahassee. It makes no sense for BK to leave South Bend. But all those happened and I doubt they’ll be the last lateral moves.

Is Deion Sanders not being considered any more?  I don't think I ever see his name in the "Auburn Coaching" new stories any more.

5 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

It makes more sense than believe. Dabo wants to come back to Alabama and bammer is not getting rid of Saban rn.

I also doubt Dabo wants to follow up Saban. Think about it if you’re DS. You don’t consider yourself beneath Saban. You wouldn’t lower yourself to play the role of trying to “fill the shoes” of someone you’ve beaten and are arguably just as good as. 

It’s like thinking Dye would follow Dooley at UGA just because he went to UGA. That’d make no sense. 

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Dye is the same as if we had hired Kirby.

Dabo is a completely different species of filth.

It’s like comparing a dog to a hyena. 

Kirby has been nothing short of a complete douchebag at his time at UGA. He’s an disingenuous, code-switching cheater who has personally
run fake field goals and thrown deep against you to run up the score late in decided games. 

How on earth can you people like Smart but not Dabo? You must not know anything about Smart.

10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It makes no sense for Lincoln Riley to leave Oklahoma. It makes no sense for JF to leave Tallahassee. It makes no sense for BK to leave South Bend. But all those happened and I doubt they’ll be the last lateral moves.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Dabo wasn't very professional after his Clemson team snapped AU's win streak, was he? He is a full-blown jerk.

I’ve never understood why people got so upset over what he said. “I can’t think of a better place to end this streak than Death Valley, SC!” What is the unforgivable big f***ing deal with that? That’s about as mild as you get.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, woodford said:

If Dabo is so anti NIL then he will not be hired so that debate doesn’t hold much water imo

NIL is the major caveat in this hiring round. You have to support it 100% or you won’t be considered. 

The HCs don’t run NIL fortunately. Should make next to no impact. Davi’s starting QB at Clemson has an enormous deal with Dr. Pepper. 

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Wonder if some on here considered Kirby a bammer

And totally lament the idea that we could have had him as our coach and moved on bc he wanted to coach in NC game.

5 hours ago, aucom96 said:

Even if we accept he could come here, he’d be out the door if offered the bama job, which could be open sooner than later.

If he’ll put it in writing prior to the IB, I’m ok with it. But he’d still be a lower priority look with me.

Why do you think DS would want to follow Saban? Would Dye want to follow Dooley? 

And if the fear is bolting for Bama, LK is a bigger risk.

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Dabo & Lane are back-ups 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

Go home coaching search, you're drunk

Dabo?! Give me grimes 

- Auburn fan logic 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Viper said:

So 0% chance Dabo would leave AU for bammer. Got it. 

If he does they pay the buyout. And 0% Alabama hires Auburn's head coach. 

Nope.  Not on the Dabo ... whatever vehicle of choice.  He's had an incredible amount of success at Clemson, both in recruiting/championships.  That can't be disputed.  But times change, and his being a vocal critic of NIL & the portal, one has to wonder if he could do a 180 on that & duplicate his Clemson success at AU?  I have my doubts.  Then (of course) there is the whole "he's got too much bammer in 'em."  I don't live in AL anymore but when I did I came across many a uat fan that fit that description.  Remember that we are only 10-11 years away from updyke's poisoning of the AU oak trees.  Also, recall the news stories of shootings among uat fans for not displaying enough sadness whenever AU wins the IB.  If Dabo is at all "like that" then I could never trust him to do what's best for AU.  If there is conversations going on between Cohen & Dabo's agents, I think it's more a strategy to force LK to fish/cut bait.  

28 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Kirby has been nothing short of a complete douchebag at his time at UGA. He’s an disingenuous, code-switching cheater who has personally
run fake field goals and thrown deep against you to run up the score late in decided games. 

How on earth can you people like Smart but not Dabo? You must not know anything about Smart.

No, I hate them both equally

I consider Kirby more of a bammer than Dabo atp. Ik Dabo grew up bammer fan and all played on title team there but fact is Dabo has loved the college town of Clemson. Also great point who on earth would want to follow Saban at bammer nothing  they will do will ever be good enough. I can give you Bama next coach yall have mentioned him several times it would be Kirby Smart, dude loves bammer. Played at uga won a title there as coach but bleeds bammer.

40 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yes, but none of those coaches won two national championships to became the best coach in program history. He is paid 11.5 million and is considered their best coach ever. He will have a statue if he does not already have one. 
I mean, I know crazy things happen, but that would be the craziest thing to ever happen in transfer college football coaching history. 

Kirby will come in to resurrect the glory bammer days after Saban leaves or retires. Let's quote obvious Saban still a great recruiter probably second best to Kirby in country but his coaching is on decline along with his work ethic. Lets be honest what else does he have motivation to prove, dude has earned right to go out on his own accord and slack off if he wants too. Kirby will follow his old boss and mentor at bama write that down it is a sure thing.