No Rooney Rule in CFB

Systems

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

@Didbaknows the law better than I do, as he more recently passed the bar. So throw him overboard first.

Oof, still take it. Pass the bar; get thrown overboard. Worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Auburn has made a point to interview at least one minority candidate in the past.  Were they token interviews?  That is hard to say, being that there were more qualified candidates that were also interviewed during those searches.  I don't believe that there is a reluctance to hire a minority candidate.  I do believe that there is such urgency in regard to success that it would take a very proven candidate to land the job.

On 11/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, Systems said:

@Didba@NolaAuTigerWhat do you call 1000 attorneys at the bottom of the ocean? A good start. 

What's the difference between a skunk and a lawyer who have both been run over by a car?

(There are skid marks in front of the skunk.)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

What's the difference between a skunk and a lawyer who have both been run over by a car?

(There are skid marks in front of the skunk.)

What’s the difference between a good lawyer and a bad lawyer?

A bad lawyer might let a case drag on for several years. A good lawyer knows how to make it last even longer. 💰

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2022 at 11:18 PM, Systems said:

Legitimate question - not trying to start anything: Does Auburn have enough ethnic-minority candidates (legitimate candidates) in its top 5 coaching search: Kiffin, Dabo, Freeze, Dykes, Rhule, Fickle, ... maybe Sanders and likely not Williams long term. I'm not saying we have to go out and hire Sylvester Croom (a great man), but with our new administration looking 1 shade lighter now than in early August, could we be doing more? Will we? 

Thanks & WDE

What a s*** thread.

You conveniently left out that Brian Johnson, a black POSITION COACH was interviewed and even named as a candidate in this search.

Do you know how many white non-current HC's were candidates to the point of actually being "named"? ZERO.

So what point are you trying to make? Jeff Grimes got less play thaN Brian Johnson did. Muhh racism!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 hours ago, metafour said:

What a s*** thread.

You conveniently left out that Brian Johnson, a black POSITION COACH was interviewed and even named as a candidate in this search.

Do you know how many white non-current HC's were candidates to the point of actually being "named"? ZERO.

So what point are you trying to make? Jeff Grimes got less play thaN Brian Johnson did. Muhh racism!

meafour - you missed the point but I won't grant you the opportunity to steal my joy. You know good and well that no black or brown men were given a legitimate interview for the AU HFC with John Cohen or, more importantly, with Jimmy Sexton; not even Caddy or Prime. It's a shame you can't see this as an opportunity for the process to improve - even SEC Commissioner Sankey said so in a recent interview on ESPN. What's it gonna take to equally distribute opportunity in the "New South"? Another march across the bridge in Selma? It's only been 58 years, I guess some of us forgot what the rest of us learned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Systems said:

You know good and well that no black or brown men were given a legitimate interview for the AU HFC with John Cohen or, more importantly, with Jimmy Sexton; not even Caddy or Prime. 

Brian Johnson was interviewed for this job and it was a legitimate interview.

So actually, you are lying.

But I can tell already that you are going to conveniently brush past the fact that a black man was interviewed by attempting to argue semantics ("it wasn't a legitimate interview"). 

You are a good little race baiter. But you see, I'm too smart to fall for your feeble attempts here.

But yes, how dare Auburn prioritize hiring a proven HC for it's HC position. The fact that they didn't hire Joe Whitt Jr. (a DB's coach) or Cadillac Williams (a RB's coach) proves that this is a racist institution.

13 minutes ago, metafour said:

Brian Johnson was interviewed for this job and it was a legitimate interview.

So actually, you are lying.

But I can tell already that you are going to conveniently brush past the fact that a black man was interviewed by attempting to argue semantics ("it wasn't a legitimate interview"). 

You are a good little race baiter. But you see, I'm too smart to fall for your feeble attempts here.

Name-calling: typical. Good day, sir. 

19 minutes ago, metafour said:

But yes, how dare Auburn prioritize hiring a proven HC for it's HC position. The fact that they didn't hire Joe Whitt Jr. (a DB's coach) or Cadillac Williams (a RB's coach) proves that this is a racist institution.

Actually, Auburn hired who Auburn wanted to hire from the beginning.  That is exactly what Auburn stated.  So, you cannot call any interview unbiased or,,, legitimate.

The first argument of every racists (tacit or, outright hateful) is always,,, they aint no racism.

I'm not saying racism had anything to do with the hire only,,, racism is real, racism in Alabama is common, it's a tradition.