Men vs Texas Southern

tgrogan21

Tre miss 3. He's 0 for everything tonight. Also, I don't know why we don't pass to Berman when he comes in. He gets 0 playing time and our team just ignores him.

Moore rebound, KD turnover. Again, just don't look towards Berman.

Chandler, Westry, and Leopard come in.

Berman foul. TSU makes 1-2.

Traore rebound.

Auburn wins 72-56. Not a great game but at least we're still undefeated.

Has anyone else seen a team do their best to not get their walk-ons the ball at the end of the game?

Berman has played 2 games and has touched the ball once on a rebound.

In previous seasons players did their best to get them the ball and try to get a bucket.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

Two questions.

Why doesn't Lior play more?  Great 3pt shooter.

Is Stretch on year 8 or 9?

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Right now is just really hectic, personal life and work wise. I'll be back to form soon my friend 

I hope so. Game threads just aren't the same without you.

• Love 1

So, tonight it was Jaylin Williams, Chris Moore, and KD Johnson carrying the load scoring. Great game!

Once again , Flanigan is is no-show despite being on the floor for the most minutes except only 1 player. He had  5 points, 0 of 3 from 3, 1 of 2 free throws, etc, etc. Why is he out there? Everyone seems to say "awesome defense" but he had no blocked shots and 1 turnover.

I'm just not seeing it. Dylan Cardwell and Moore had much better performance than Flanigan.

Yes, I know CBP has to try to keep his Asst Coach happy, and in these early warm-up games, yep, get Flanigan out there. But trying to put together the best team for Auburn going forward, I just don't seeFlanigan being a positive. The thought of Flanigan being a starter with major minutes against SEC top teams like UK, UT, Arkansas, etc, I just don't see it as a positive.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, AURex said:

So, tonight it was Jaylin Williams, Chris Moore, and KD Johnson carrying the load scoring. Great game!

Once again , Flanigan is is no-show despite being on the floor for the most minutes except only 1 player. He had  5 points, 0 of 3 from 3, 1 of 2 free throws, etc, etc. Why is he out there? Everyone seems to say "awesome defense" but he had no blocked shots and 1 turnover.

I'm just not seeing it. Dylan Cardwell and Moore had much better performance than Flanigan.

Yes, I know CBP has to try to keep his Asst Coach happy, and in these early warm-up games, yep, get Flanigan out there. But trying to put together the best team for Auburn going forward, I just don't seeFlanigan being a positive. The thought of Flanigan being a starter with major minutes against SEC top teams like UK, UT, Arkansas, etc, I just don't see it as a positive.

Flan isn't a starter. He comes off the bench and plays great defense. He was all over the court on defense tonight. You act like getting blocks is the only thing that equals good defense. He had 3 steals. But is that not good enough defense for you? He defended his position without committing a foul is that not good enough for you?

It seems like you have a weird hatred for Flan. It's been asked of you before but who the hell are you putting in at the 3 to replace him coming off the bench? Moore and Flan are the only 3s we have and Moore starts. Or did you just not watch the game tonight just like you didn't watch the last time you tried to post your hate for a player?

Edit: He also had 5 rebounds and 3 assists but for you it's all about points and blocks.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AURex said:

Do you dislike the flan family personally?  You keep talking about coach flan?  Cbp wants to win and he’ll put on the floor what gives us the best chance from on the floor to intangibles to a big picture 

Edited by mustache eagle

Pretty bad offense in the first half but we played much better in the second. Give TX So some credit they were playing hard and feisty out there. And we have them confidence by letting them keep it close. But we got it together in the second half and finally put them away. Not bad considering Broome was out which left us kind of thin at the 5 spot. Luckily our 4s could act as dives against that team. Nice games by Chris Moore and Jaylin. I think this is just the kind of team where someone new is going to step up every game. Outside of Green and Broome I’ll be surprised if many others average double digit scoring. Johnson probably will but just due to his unwavering confidence lol

On 11/18/2022 at 7:58 PM, tgrogan21 said:

Broome is emergency only tonight as him ae knee to knee nd KD went knee-to-knee in practice this week. First start for Cardwell!

Any word on Broome? Was the knee to knee bang serious or just a bruise that needs a few days rest?

Edited by AuburnNTexas

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Any word on Broome?

Bruce said after the game that he should be good to go for Cancun. Holding him out Friday was just a precaution.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 10:58 PM, tgrogan21 said:

It seems like you have a weird hatred for Flan.

I have no dislike for Flanigan or his father. Actually, I've been hoping he will return to his pre-injury form. He was so good! Really lighting it up offensively and defensively. At that time, I thought he would be a sure 1st round NBA pick. I really WANT to see him performing at that level again.

What a shame that injury! I was so distressed for him as it was such a terrible blow to him and his athletic trajectory.

I'm not seeing it the pre-injury performance. Sorry, but that's just my perspective. If you or anyone else thinks he's an NBA lock at this point .... well ..... okay.