Bipartisan effort

creed

Since the make up of congress is essentially set, what bipartisan work do you believe is important and achievable over the next few years? 

Fiscal responsibility, reducing the federal deficit, ACA, enery independence, etc.?

On 11/19/2022 at 8:37 AM, creed said:

Since the make up of congress is essentially set, what bipartisan work do you believe is important and achievable over the next few years? 

Fiscal responsibility, reducing the federal deficit, ACA, enery independence, etc.?

Personally, I've lost in excess of a million dollars since this admin took office. So yes, fiscal responsibility would be a nice start. And yes, it is achievable with common sense measures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/20/2022 at 2:35 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Personally, I've lost in excess of a million dollars since this admin took office. So yes, fiscal responsibility would be a nice start. And yes, it is achievable with common sense measures.

Yeah, and don't forget the global inflation this administration caused!

• Facepalm 1

Voting access and election security. 

Katie Britt should co-sponsor a bill with Joe Manchin and tout it as "easy to vote, hard to cheat" so we can end this conspiracy madness once and for all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2022 at 1:35 PM, AUFAN78 said:

You’ve lost a million dollars since January 2021?

18 hours ago, Didba said:

You’ve lost a million dollars since January 2021?

From 1/1/21  11/1/21 thru 10/1/22 yes. A bit more actually.

Edited for accuracy.

Edited by AUFAN78

6 minutes ago, arein0 said:

How is that even possible? The S&P 500 is up from 3750 to 4027.

Perhaps this will help, although that is certainly no guarantee. :laugh:

The tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 has dropped nearly 33 percent so far in 2022, the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost more than 20 percent while the world's best-known cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, shed nearly 60 percent of its value.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, and don't forget the global inflation this administration caused!

Don’t pretend like the vast majority of inflation we are experiencing right now isn’t tied to ridiculous spending and “free money” be given out by the government - not global inflation.   A disproportionate amount of that has been given out by Joe “Free student debt relief “ Biden.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Perhaps this will help, although that is certainly no guarantee. :laugh:

The tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 has dropped nearly 33 percent so far in 2022, the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost more than 20 percent while the world's best-known cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, shed nearly 60 percent of its value.

You said you lost 1M from 1/1/21 to 10/1/22, but you are referencing an article talking about 22 performance? The market is higher than it was at the start of 21. I'm not sure how you were able to lose that much unless you were heavy in crypto or went heavily risky in individual stocks. 

Just now, arein0 said:

You said you lost 1M from 1/1/21 to 10/1/22, but you are referencing an article talking about 22 performance? The market is higher than it was at the start of 21. I'm not sure how you were able to lose that much unless you were heavy in crypto or went heavily risky in individual stocks. 

You are missing data points, but I'll not dwell on your perspective. Carry on.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

You are missing data points, but I'll not dwell on your perspective. Carry on.

How am I missing data points? Are you saying you lost 1M from your all time high in that time period because I could see that. The Dow and SP500 are both up since 1/1/21. 

I'm really curious, are you in individual stocks or crypto, or are you in a general market index fund?

Just now, arein0 said:

How am I missing data points? Are you saying you lost 1M from your all time high in that time period because I could see that. The Dow and SP500 are both up since 1/1/21. 

I'm really curious, are you in individual stocks or crypto, or are you in a general market index fund?

Bro, sleep well. I spend a lot of time in Vegas. Common knowledge, you've shown your hand. My advice, fold. :laugh:

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Bro, sleep well. I spend a lot of time in Vegas. Common knowledge, you've shown your hand. My advice, fold. :laugh:

I'm genuinely curious because I'm up in that time period without touching...anything. You keep dodging the questions even after I've proven the market has gone up since 1/1/21. 

At 1/1/21, the Dow was at 30,606.48 and the S&P500 was at 3,756.07.

Today, the Dow closed at 34,194.06 and the S&P500 closed at 4,027.26

Since you mentioned Vegas, did you spend a lot of time on WSB and gamble away 1M on bad options?

Crypto got absolutely destroyed, but you haven't said if you were heavily invested in crypto.

Just now, arein0 said:

I'm genuinely curious because I'm up in that time period without touching...anything. You keep dodging the questions even after I've proven the market has gone up since 1/1/21. 

At 1/1/21, the Dow was at 30,606.48 and the S&P500 was at 3,756.07.

Today, the Dow closed at 34,194.06 and the S&P500 closed at 4,027.26

Since you mentioned Vegas, did you spend a lot of time on WSB and gamble away 1M on bad options?

Crypto got absolutely destroyed, but you haven't said if you were heavily invested in crypto.

Yeah curious. LOl. And your not honest, genuine much less accurate. 

My portfolio includes investments with Fidelity and Vanguard, individual stock, gold, silver, land, real estate, and less than 10% crypto. 

15% to 20% loss during the period is normal. 

9 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Yeah curious. LOl. And your not honest, genuine much less accurate. 

My portfolio includes investments with Fidelity and Vanguard, individual stock, gold, silver, land, real estate, and less than 10% crypto. 

15% to 20% loss during the period is normal. 

Well however you did it, I'm sorry for your loss. 

Are you sure you are talking about 1/1/21 and not 1/1/22 as the starting point?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

For perspective my managed portfolio is down @ 16% since 1/1/22.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, creed said:

For perspective my managed portfolio is down @ 16% since 1/1/22.

I can understand being down in 22, I'm down in 22. My response was to 78 who said he was down big since 21 which since then I'm up 1.2%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

Thanks! Obviously, I am not alone.

Shew, one too many. I mean I don't discuss this stuff. Typically. To say last night wasn't typical is an understatement. You can only eat so much pheasant and drink so much bourbon. But I digress.

For clarity, I was looking at last 12 months.

Sorry for the confusion. Totally on me, well, and bro in law.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Thanks! Obviously, I am not alone.

Shew, one too many. I mean I don't discuss this stuff. Typically. To say last night wasn't typical is an understatement. You can only eat so much pheasant and drink so much bourbon. But I digress.

For clarity, I was looking at last 12 months.

Sorry for the confusion. Totally on me, well, and bro in law.

I feel you. No worries. Thanks for clearing that up. Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

Just now, arein0 said:

I feel you. No worries. Thanks for clearing that up. Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Same to you and yours!

• Thanks 1