Lane Kiffin's commitment to Ole Miss questioned as Rebels lose in blowout fashion at Arkansas

DKW 86

My guess is he's juggling offers from multiple schools right now. He should not have lost last night but he's done well with a depleted roster this season.

If we can land him and pair him with a strong DC the rest of the SEC is on notice.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

My guess is he's juggling offers from multiple schools right now. He should not have lost last night but he's done well with a depleted roster this season.

If we can land him and pair him with a strong DC the rest of the SEC is on notice.

My guess is he has already accepted our offer.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yea this is what I am convinced. After watching that lackluster performance and then the post game presser when he answered the questions about it....lK will be named this week. I don't think it goes to IB. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

It's very possible.  If so, I hope it's announced on Friday and let CFB media talk about it all weekend.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

I won’t ever be in that position but quitting with work still left to do is a bad look and pretty cringe. 

If he accepted an offer then just leave. Why stay on and lead everyone else on? 

I get the semantics and all but still. 

If we hire Kiffin, he’ll do that to us one day. Especially if he’s successful. 

Edited by woodford
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Kiffin ain't it

Before you get palmed to death, I’ll join you. Let me say I’m … uneasy.  I think lane is a good coach, will improve us, and potentially could take us to the next level. However, a coach who’s been fired twice, has never won any kind of substantive championship, and currently has 3 losses (one a blow out) with games left - by nature is a speculative hire. Anything over a 6 year contract (plus we have to pay his buy out at ole miss) just isn’t prudent and isn’t the market. 10 years requires more. JMHO 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

This idea that "Kiffin has checked out" is weird to me, feels like some kind of pyscological mental gymnastic trick of the ego to justify last nights game. Frankly, if not for two or three major penalties it would have been a competitive game. I tend to think they walked in to an environement against a team that had everything firing on all cylinders for four quarters and got their teeth kicked in with the help of some legitimate penalities. I will say Lane's defense is atrocious. Did Heupel check out too? 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I 100% agree! Kiffin has shown little to no interest in building an elite defense at this point but if he hires a strong DC and put focus on defense with his offense, the rest of the SEC and country in on notice

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

This idea that "Kiffin has checked out" is weird to me, feels like some kind of pyscological mental gymnastic trick of the ego to justify last nights game. Frankly, if not for two or three major penalties it would have been a competitive game. I tend to think they walked in to an environement against a team that had everything firing on all cylinders for four quarters and got their teeth kicked in with the help of some legitimate penalities. I will say Lane's defense is atrocious. Did Heupel check out too? 

And had over 700yds of offense with both Jenkins and Evans going over 200.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Heupel is not being linked to any job opening. UT's defense hasn't been good all season. 

10 minutes ago, JKClark said:

And had over 700yds of offense with both Jenkins and Evans going over 200.  

It's pretty amazing when you think about.  700 yards of offense and only 27 points, mainly due to some horrible calls.

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

Heupel is not being linked to any job opening. UT's defense hasn't been good all season. 

neither has Ole Miss' defense but what we saw last night wasn't a team or coach that had "checked out" but just an old fashioned ass whooping and a few devastating penalties. In my opinion. 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, woodford said:

I won’t ever be in that position but quitting with work still left to do is a bad look and pretty cringe. 

If he accepted an offer then just leave. Why stay on and lead everyone else on? 

I get the semantics and all but still. 

Things have changed from this (as far as coaching) due to ESD. Generally want to announce by thanksgiving to give ample time. Same for firings also I might add. If it us OK to fire within the season, OK to find another job.

8 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

lK will be named this week. I don't think it goes to IB. 

8 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I hope it's announced on Friday and let CFB media talk about it all weekend.

So you guys believe AU won’t be able to sit on it for 2-3 more days (Friday to Sunday or Monday) and thereby trample the juice Cadillac has injected in this team? Just going to dis an AU legend before and during his first and likely only Iron Bowl as HC? That would go over so well. 

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, woodford said:

A LOT of folks cannot see this coming. 

30 minutes ago, Viper said:

So you guys believe AU won’t be able to sit on it for 2-3 more days (Friday to Sunday or Monday) and thereby trample the juice Cadillac has injected in this team? Just going to dis an AU legend before and during his first and likely only Iron Bowl as HC? That would go over so well. 

It wouldn't surprise me. i think AU can hire a new HC and also not "dis" an AU legend. The two aren't mutually exclusive IMO.