Lane Kiffin's commitment to Ole Miss questioned as Rebels lose in blowout fashion at Arkansas

DKW 86

1 hour ago, Viper said:

A LOT of folks cannot see this coming. 

You may be right. But what guarantee can anyone offer that Deion is a long term solution. How do we know he is interested in coaching long term in CFB, and at AU specifically? 

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

I swear every coach that might be our coach there is some Auburn fans who's worried about him leaving good lord 🤣 

Yes, now one of the arguments appears to be that he has left other programs in the past and if he comes here and is SUCCESSFUL another school may try to hire him away from us.

BWAHAHAHA!

If Kiff is angling for an Auburn HC job, does he TANK a game against the Hogs? Really?

Nope! He'd want to humiliate the Hogs. But ...... he (his incredible coaching and his team) barfed up an embarrassing loss.

Kitten is not at the top of my list. Perdiod. Done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AURex said:

BWAHAHAHA!

If Kiff is angling for an Auburn HC job, does he TANK a game against the Hogs? Really?

Nope! He'd want to humiliate the Hogs. But ...... he (his incredible coaching and his team) barfed up an embarrassing loss.

Kitten is not at the top of my list. Perdiod. Done.

It’s more important who is at the top of AD’s list.

As long as it isn’t Bama or another high end SEC program I would care if Lane left.  I’d assume it would be the NFL.  That would mean he’s won a bunch of games at Auburn.  That being said last night wasn’t it.  I don’t care if Ole Miss had 700 yards because at one point it was 42-6.  

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

With a 10 year contract, that’s only one of several bad outcomes.

No worries...he'll bail on AU long before AU bails on him.

Well, MSU is likely firing Leach and hiring Sanders. Kiffin may want out of that State and who could blame him. Better to coach at Auburn against an aging bama/Saban than at Ole Miss against an up-and-coming Sanders; "know when to hold them - know when to fold them".

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It wouldn't surprise me. i think AU can hire a new HC and also not "dis" an AU legend. The two aren't mutually exclusive IMO.

If Cadillac was 0-3, I could possibly see it. But he's the most beloved guy in the entire program and it's not even close.

I cannot see announcing Kiffin on Friday to allow the media to completely switch gears, flood the airwaves with Kiffin and extinguish Cadillac's very, very short time in the spotlight that he has EARNED.

What is there to gain 2-3 days in advance? NSD isn't on Monday. Nothing to gain but a win or a loss in the Iron Bowl.

It's Cadillac's moment, not Kiffin's. They aren't going to ruin his moment.

If Kiffin is worth a damn, he'll flip a few commits to AU in short order without the 2-3 extra days.

Regardless of the Iron Bowl outcome, Kiffin's first phone call should be to Cadillac to offer him the associate HC position.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

You may be right. But what guarantee can anyone offer that Deion is a long term solution. How do we know he is interested in coaching long term in CFB, and at AU specifically? 

No guarantee on anyone.

IMO, Deion is in every facet more genuine than Kiffin and it's not even close.

I see Deion retiring at AU.

I see Kiffin replacing Saban IF he can elbow Dabo in the ribs hard enough.

fq0rt.gif

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Systems said:

Well, MSU is likely firing Leach and hiring Sanders. Kiffin may want out of that State and who could blame him. Better to coach at Auburn against an aging bama/Saban than at Ole Miss against an up-and-coming Sanders; "know when to hold them - know when to fold them".

? Where did you hear this?

24 minutes ago, Systems said:

Are there rumblings in Starkville that they're going to fire Leach? I haven't heard anybody talk about it but I'll admit that I haven't really paid much attention to MSU. 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

? Where did you hear this?

Heard this about Leach on ESPN via P-Finebaum, Sunday mid-day. TIFWIW

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

Are there rumblings in Starkville that they're going to fire Leach? I haven't heard anybody talk about it but I'll admit that I haven't really paid much attention to MSU. 

Heard this via P-Finebaum on ESPN Sunday mid-day. TIFWIW

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Systems said:

Well for some of us, you’ve  just outlined a complete friggin disaster.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Well for some of us, you’ve  just outlined a complete friggin disaster.

No doubt. I also don't think Auburn is taking Sanders seriously enough as potential head football coach; no more so than Williams, IMO, which is too bad. Also, where does that leave Freeze and Dabo - I dunno. Maybe then Malzahn to Ole Miss and Leach to UCF while Dabo and Freeze stay put for now. (This is all my complete speculation, of course.)

Edited by Systems

32 minutes ago, Systems said:

That actually would line up more with what Barkley said the other day about a coach being fired and that he thought that Sanders would be in the SEC within a couple months. I think most thought it might be at ATM but I'm not sure anybody thinks they'll actually fire Jimbo. I'm not sure what grounds they would really have to fire Leach though, they're having an ok year, i mean it's State.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUFiend said:

That actually would line up more with what Barkley said the other day about a coach being fired and that he thought that Sanders would be in the SEC within a couple months. I think most thought it might be at ATM but I'm not sure anybody thinks they'll actually fire Jimbo. I'm not sure what grounds they would really have to fire Leach though, they're having an ok year, i mean it's State.

Jimbo could still get fired and if so, DABO!

10 minutes ago, Systems said:

Jimbo could still get fired and if so, DABO!

Not crazy. We may snicker about being able to outbid the miss schools, but in terms of pure booster cash, the Texas schools snicker at about everyone else.  

Edited by auburnatl1

14 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

If Kiffin stays at Ole Miss, and Sanders to MSU.......... Dang, we screwed

up 

Worse Case Scenario for Auburn.  Anything but this.

1 hour ago, Systems said:

Wut

You think deion is going to mississippi state?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

How do we know anyone is interested in coaching at Auburn long-term?  Coaches generally do not leave Auburn for greener pastures.  If they succeed, Auburn makes them comfortable.  If they do not, Auburn makes them uncomfortable.  Auburn will pay good money to keep a coach, and they will pay good money to fire one too.  It is the same reason coaches generally do not leave other SEC powers for greener pastures.  When was the last time a head coach was poached from Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida, or Alabama?

None of that says anything about Deion, but why is his potential longevity any more questionable than other candidates?

2 hours ago, Viper said:

If Cadillac was 0-3, I could possibly see it. But he's the most beloved guy in the entire program and it's not even close.

I cannot see announcing Kiffin on Friday to allow the media to completely switch gears, flood the airwaves with Kiffin and extinguish Cadillac's very, very short time in the spotlight that he has EARNED.

What is there to gain 2-3 days in advance? NSD isn't on Monday. Nothing to gain but a win or a loss in the Iron Bowl.

It's Cadillac's moment, not Kiffin's. They aren't going to ruin his moment.

If Kiffin is worth a damn, he'll flip a few commits to AU in short order without the 2-3 extra days.

Regardless of the Iron Bowl outcome, Kiffin's first phone call should be to Cadillac to offer him the associate HC position.

I get what you're saying, but I still feel like this is what happens and I really don't see the harm. Hell, I am probably wrong lol. Have been plenty. If my gut was that trust worthy I would be a Multi Billionaire as I had the same feeling on that 1.5 billion dollar powerball ticket I bought!!!!!