Still want to see more games but

cole256

9 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Yep. The problem with the pro analytics and prepping the young guys is that the Steph Curry's etc., don't grow on trees. College guys could really help themselves by practicing more from 12 feet in. I actually think it's easier to move back once you see the ball go through the hoop a few times. Thanks. 

You're absolutely right. Also Steph is very good at those mid range spots and is an excellent finisher at the rim as well. And excellent free throw. It is true that Steph messed the game up with everybody thinking they can be him but what messed everything up the most is they don't talk about his complete game enough. They just focus on his 3's. If it was just that he wouldn't be too different than Ray Allen or Kyle korver. 

Steph can shoot from everywhere not just 3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You're absolutely right. Also Steph is very good at those mid range spots and is an excellent finisher at the rim as well. And excellent free throw. It is true that Steph messed the game up with everybody thinking they can be him but what messed everything up the most is they don't talk about his complete game enough. They just focus on his 3's. If it was just that he wouldn't be too different than Ray Allen or Kyle korver. 

Steph can shoot from everywhere not just 3

Exactly. Just like Oscar, West, Magic,Bird, Pistol Pete, and countless others. AD and Barclay made a living from that range. 

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm sure you know how badly I wanted Sears to come here. Of course I'm biased but we really do need a high level guard.....and just watching how he played against UNC....all the intangible stuff is what we need and what I've been saying we lack. Number one team, that's just a target for him. His opponent is a NBA pick? He's going to go directly at him. I want to say he played every single minute of the game. When it was crunch time he stepped up not shy away. He handle the ball under pressure. He wants the ball under pressure. Controlled the tempo and pace of the game. He was directing people where to go. You wouldn't have known this is his first year with the team. Just stuff you don't see on a box score so it's hard for me to explain what I see at times. I know last year I would point out stuff about the guards and people would be quick to disagree and go straight to an assist stat or turnover stat....and it's more than that. A team with that alpha guard operates different, more efficient

But yeah....as he plays people are going to see why I raved about him so but most of all why I said if he would've been on last year's team.......it would've been something man

We sure could use him that’s for sure. Though I don’t think PG is our main problem. Lack of consistent shooting 2-5 is the bigger problem. Bet Sears could help there as well. Lot of great athletes but not enough basketball players in the group. You see flashes from each but never consistent. Kind of a surprise for an older team. 

41 minutes ago, gravejd said:

We sure could use him that’s for sure. Though I don’t think PG is our main problem. Lack of consistent shooting 2-5 is the bigger problem. Bet Sears could help there as well. Lot of great athletes but not enough basketball players in the group. You see flashes from each but never consistent. Kind of a surprise for an older team. 

I think shooting would be much better if we had a guy that would set his guys up and was able to be a threat from deep. One player that could fill both of these roles would make this team look completely different imo

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm sure you know how badly I wanted Sears to come here. Of course I'm biased but we really do need a high level guard.....and just watching how he played against UNC....all the intangible stuff is what we need and what I've been saying we lack. Number one team, that's just a target for him. His opponent is a NBA pick? He's going to go directly at him. I want to say he played every single minute of the game. When it was crunch time he stepped up not shy away. He handle the ball under pressure. He wants the ball under pressure. Controlled the tempo and pace of the game. He was directing people where to go. You wouldn't have known this is his first year with the team. Just stuff you don't see on a box score so it's hard for me to explain what I see at times. I know last year I would point out stuff about the guards and people would be quick to disagree and go straight to an assist stat or turnover stat....and it's more than that. A team with that alpha guard operates different, more efficient

But yeah....as he plays people are going to see why I raved about him so but most of all why I said if he would've been on last year's team.......it would've been something man

You were definitely right about Sears!   I wish he was in O&B!   Not sure why Bruce didn’t pursue him.  🤷‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...

Still want to see a bit more. I want to see Westry at 100% and what he may offer. I feel like I know the other guards on the team.

I will say I'm not the most optimistic.....but I don't think we have to worry about being horrible or anything. I really really want it to be different than last year as far as our performance in the post season and that's what I'm most worried about. 

We need a little more confidence, a little more swag. Think we needed to bring in at least two new guards this year.