Sabotage is afoot

Swamp Eagle

https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/football/lane-kiffin-breaking-ole-miss-coach-leaving-for-auburn

OXFORD, Miss. — Ole Miss Rebels head coach Lane Kiffin is expected to be the next head coach of the Auburn Tigers, reports indicated on Monday night.

Jon Sokoloff of WCBI in Columbus, Miss., was the first to report the news. According to Sokoloff, Kiffin plans to step down on Friday following the Egg Bowl against Mississippi State to become the next head coach on The Plains.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They had to do it because dude wouldn't commit. I was telling someone on one of the 100 other threads they will leak it. It won't come from Auburn.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Auburn06 said:

I would not be surprised if he bolts for Alabama once Saban retires

someone save this post for 5-10 years

After we beat them and make saban retire

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 1

I am no expert but I want someone who wants to come to Auburn and build something special. Kiffin drifts from one place to the next.  I also seriously doubt if he would be happy with all the joy and love that has been given to Cadillac. I just don’t think he is really a fit for us but seems like he’s what we are getting—-until he moves on somewhere else and then we start all over again. 
    This is our AD’s first big hire. I sure wouldn’t do it the day before the Iron Bowl. These boys are giving their hearts to Cadillac and the other coaches. 
   Guess we will see soon

war Eagle

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Until Mississippi relaxes the 4yr law, or at least puts in a loop hole - they’re officially doomed to be a next level coach training ground.  Trying to get excited, but it may take a couple of weeks. 

Sabotage may be a foot. This could be a trick to distract a fired up Auburn with nothing to lose headed to t-town when they know saban is about to retire and bama is actually about to hire kiffin.

::adjusts tin foil hat::

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

They had to do it because dude wouldn't commit. I was telling someone on one of the 100 other threads they will leak it. It won't come from Auburn.

Be interesting to see what happens between now and Friday

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Be interesting to see what happens between now and Friday

Lane will keep trolling. I am surprised Ole Miss would let this go on tbh. Like I said, I find it interesting he never denied it nor accepted his new contract extension from Ole miss.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Lane will keep trolling. I am surprised Ole Miss would let this go on tbh. Like I said, I find it interesting he never denied it nor accepted his new contract extension from Ole miss.

Just wonder if he will coach Egg Bowl now. Ole Miss may literally have Egg on their face if they allow it. Man, hate to be an Ole Miss fan right now... LOL

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just wonder if he will coach Egg Bowl now. Ole Miss may literally have Egg on their face if they allow it. Man, hate to be an Ole Miss fan right now... LOL

I am sure he will unless they just say move on...what a distraction.

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think the Ole Miss people are doing this on purpose to stop it from happening. Break it now and try to crash the entire thing. 

Ah an inside job.. from the Johnny Rebs.. I like it

I honestly can’t believe anyone would actually think the Updykes would hire any HC football coach who was here. Your paranoia is impressive. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, swimmama said:

I am no expert but I want someone who wants to come to Auburn and build something special. Kiffin drifts from one place to the next.  I also seriously doubt if he would be happy with all the joy and love that has been given to Cadillac. I just don’t think he is really a fit for us but seems like he’s what we are getting—-until he moves on somewhere else and then we start all over again. 
    This is our AD’s first big hire. I sure wouldn’t do it the day before the Iron Bowl. These boys are giving their hearts to Cadillac and the other coaches. 
   Guess we will see soon

war Eagle

Auburn isn’t reporting anything so let’s make sure we see it for what it is. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If it falls through is Freeze the top target?

You really know how to ruin a mood don't you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Ah interesting. 

I mean I may be wrong but it will Force Lane to say something now. Even his players will be asking him and it will be chaos in Ole Miss for the next 3 days.

basically force his hand.