Sabotage is afoot

Swamp Eagle

Just now, lovemytigerz said:

Not according to his record. 

Note that I didn't say that Lanning is a proven elite coach .. not yet, anyway.  What I'm saying is he has all the tools and pedigrees to prove an elite coach.  There is no evidence that Kiffin will suddenly move to an elite level.

Why is it so important to you that I agree with your opinion?

You are no importance of me lol. This is a discussion board. I am trying to find your logic in your very illogical manner. Carry on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

He's not even talking about you

no sh*t. you mean just like i was not talking to you in this thread?

13 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

I'm sure he learned at Bama.  But, Kiffin took his flashy offense into Bama without taking on Saban's "character" as a coach. 

200.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

no sh*t. you mean just like i was not talking to you in this thread?

Idgaf that you are mad about whatever. Literally means nothing to me I'm just pointing out how he's not talking about you but that other guy.

It is funny how you are going out of your way to start this fight with so many different people......you're literally doing everything you would try to "scold" me about. The hypocrisy and irony is strong here.

I was just trying to be nice to you so before you said some stuff to someone that wasn't referring to you. But carry on and see how it turns out for you. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Idgaf that you are mad about whatever. Literally means nothing to me I'm just pointing out how he's not talking about you but that other guy.

It is funny how you are going out of your way to start this fight with so many different people......you're literally doing everything you would try to "scold" me about. The hypocrisy and irony is strong here.

I was just trying to be nice to you so before you said some stuff to someone that wasn't referring to you. But carry on and see how it turns out for you. 

ice-cube-chris-tucker.gif

17 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

It is not so easy just going out and getting the perfect coach.   We are not the only team  striving for championships.  We are not the only school with money.  We are not the only school with history and school spirit.  

Kiffen has turned bad  teams around.   At Auburn he has everything he needs to turn us around and  build a championship team.  He has the coaching intelligence.   If you can not see the improvements he made at all his other stops  I am not sure I can help you.

BTW, How does complaining about him before he even is announced  help Auburn in any way?

Thank you for so respecting my opinion about another team's coach that you believe it is powerful enough to influence a major university's football program.

Again, I didn't ever say Lane won't make Auburn better.   But, "better" is not the goal.  If it were, we could just stop with the current staff.  I said his record does not prove him an elite coach, and he will not build Auburn into a juggernaut.  Evidently just "being better" is enough for the Auburn folks in 2022.  I'm old school, though .. I want the juggernaut.

• Facepalm 2

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

CLK coached under Saban. CLK has SEC Cred. Mario Cristobal was getting top ten classes at Oregon. Is he elite?

Mario is 5-6 and his team just set a record low for offensive yards in a game saturday against Clemson. They had 98 total yards on offense. 😂 His defense also gave up a ton of points. Kevin Steele and Charlie Strong run the defensive side of things under Mario. They've got problems down there.

• Like 2

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

Mario is 5-6 and his team just set a record low for offensive yards in a game saturday against Clemson. They had 98 total yards on offense. 😂 His defense also gave up a ton of points. Kevin Steele and Charlie Strong run the defensive side of things under Mario. They've got problems down there.

And yet everyone wanted him here last year because they just knew he would turn things around. The point being, acting like you know is false. Even if there was A Dabo or UM waiting in the wings , there is no guarantee they would lead us to the promise land. Even more so than people with far less on their resume. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m pretty sure Auburn has never had an elite coach because we’ve never had an elite program. Great program yes. Elite no. We all want the powerhouse. Right now there’s no one available with a better chance to make that happen than LK. Can he do it? We’re going to find out. 

Pat Dye was as close as we got, and he was very close.  Those were good times.  There is just nothing in Kiffin's record to suggest he will suddenly become an elite coach.  

i will always stand up for the truth no matter how small it might be. especially if you are trying to embarrass someone on here. i am done here so you guys are welcome to pile on all you want. this is what some of you guys do if you disagree with someone.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DAG said:

And I am telling you, CLK did not need a cam to look like a genius prior to his hiring. So you cannot compare the two which is the point of the discussion you entered. You are stuck on the word Genius, and I am trying to show why that is not a fair comparison, which was insinuated. 

you know no one knew in the beginning right? i agree he is not what folks thought he was. i am just saying all the sportscasters were singing his praises and they did in fact call him a genius and a savant if you will. i have people agreeing with me on the likes they just do not want to get in an argument.

you know no one knew in the beginning right? i agree he is not what folks thought he was. i am just saying all the sportscasters were singing his praises and they did in fact call him a genius and a savant if you will when he came to auburn. i have people agreeing with me on the likes they just do not want to get in an argument.

in fact one was a mod that agreed with me.

you know no one knew in the beginning right? i agree he is not what folks thought he was. i am just saying all the sportscasters were singing his praises and they did in fact call him a genius and a savant if you will. i have people agreeing with me on the likes they just do not want to get in an argument.

I am done with you . You can be right . The guy I was discussing this with has a great rapport with me. See ya. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I wish we could all just state our opinions and leave them at that, they are only opinions and not facts. We all want to see AU do well in the future or we wouldn't be here otherwise, so everyone can have their opinion and have a civil discussion at least that is all I would hope for. The bottom line is no one has a crystal ball and NO  ONE really knows which coach will be the next big thing, we all have our favorites and some kind of data to say why it would work etc but its all speculation. I myself was really hoping that they hired PrimeTime but if they hire Kiffin then so be it and I hope he can take us to the next level. I'm not sure if he can or not but hope that he does since that will mean we are winning football games and thats kind of the point. :)

Jeremy Johnson: 'Gus Malzahn's a genius'

There's a reason why Gus Malzahn is respected amongst his peers as one of college football's brightest offensive minds. His tempo-based scheme terrorizes ...

Jan 6, 2014Gus Malzahn may be an offensive genius or have a brilliant mind for football. But one of his keys to success—adjusting his game to the raw ...

Auburn's Gus Malzahn is College Football's Best Play-Caller

Jan 28, 2015Gus Malzahn been called a genius and an offensive mastermind, but his peers call him the best play-caller in college football according to ...

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i will always stand up for the truth no matter how small it might be. especially if you are trying to embarrass someone on here. i am done here so you guys are welcome to pile on all you want. this is what some of you guys do if you disagree with someone.

We live in an age of the mob.  Dissenting ideas are not allowed; independent thought and differing opinions are now cancelled, and only the prevailing opinion is allowed to be spoken here in the land of the free.  What a sad loss for humankind that the self proclaimed majority opinion is so weak & insecure that they must summon a mob to destroy all opposing points of view.  smh

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, lovemytigerz said:

We live in an age of the mob.  Dissenting ideas are not allowed; independent thought and differing opinions are now cancelled, and only the prevailing opinion is allowed to be spoken here in the land of the free.  What a sad loss for humankind that the self proclaimed majority opinion is so weak & insecure that they must summon a mob to destroy all opposing points of view.  smh

no one cares about your opinion.  you are sowing discord for no reason.    SMH

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am done with you . You can be right . The guy I was discussing this with has a great rapport with me. See ya. 

i am right. and the kid you have been on appears to agree with me. have fun with that....................

5 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

It’s “a sad loss for humankind” because a lot of us are looking forward to CLK? 
Dude..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would love someone to pull up somebody that was attacked or something.....the thing about this place is it's cool to attack or bully someone until someone disagrees with you....then even something as simple as the person is not talking to you turns into an attack.

If you aren't going to stand up for everybody then you probably shouldn't stand for anybody

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lol. You guys need to listen to other opinions....next post I AM RIGHT. PERIOD. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I would love someone to pull up somebody that was attacked or something.....the thing about this place is it's cool to attack or bully someone until someone disagrees with you....then even something as simple as the person is not talking to you turns into an attack.

If you aren't going to stand up for everybody then you probably shouldn't stand for anybody

yep. That’s why I told dude he can have it. He literally was going to play the victim and make it seem like I was the one bullying him when in reality I was just bringing in my point, which I felt like he was completely ignoring. I am just not wasting my time with people like that anymore. 

Edited by DAG

Just now, cole256 said:

Lol. You guys need to listen to other opinions....next post I AM RIGHT. PERIOD. 

Lmao did you see that? I threw up the white flag and he still going . Just like the guy crying poor me because we don’t agree on his assessment about CLK.