Sabotage is afoot

Swamp Eagle

16 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Strange that you think it petty to want Auburn to hire a substantial coach to build Auburn into a powerhouse.  Hopefully the day won't come that I'm proven right.  Why do different points of view unsettle you so?

re read.     I think it is petty that you keep droning on and on about your opinion.  we get it already.   No one cares.

good day sir.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, lovemytigerz said:

I'm for Auburn.  Lane Kiffin isn't Auburn.  If he ends up coaching at Auburn, then, just as I did with Gus, I'll hope for the best, and that he'll prove my assessment of him wrong. 

Gus proved my assessment correct.  Kirby proved my assessment correct.  Maybe this time will be different.

Quite the savant. With that track record, Cohen and the PTB need your input, badly. You owe it to all Auburn fans to make your voice heard. Before it's too late! 

• Haha 1

I think its silly for anyone to pretend that they "Know" Kiffin wont be a great coach at auburn or do great things, but at the same time its perfectly ok for people to not hold a high opinion of Lane right now. 

It'll be on CLF to prove the doubters wrong or lese he'll be shown the door like so many others. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

Fair concerns. What CLK has not had in previous years is a NIL collective like the one Auburn has. This combination could make Auburn a very serious contender in the very near future 

Pre-NIL, teams ('cept Bama) weren't outright buying players.  The greatest programs were built by the greatest coaches, and some very saavy recruiting.  Kiff averaged 7-5 to 8-4 in that raw competition.  We can't depend on the temporary NIL advantage that will be eroded as other teams build their NIL funds, and "recruiting" will largely boil down to who pays the most.  Spoiler alert:  it'll prolly be Bama. 

As the NIL levels out, the greatest programs will still be built by the greatest coaches, and even more so as our competetive peers are all purchasing talent fairly equally.

I haven't done any research on other schools' NIL funds.  Do you have any idea how much other SEC teams have amassed?

25 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

re read.     I think it is petty that you keep droning on and on about your opinion.  we get it already.   No one cares.

good day sir.

Interesting that you consider others' opinions droning pettiness, but your opinions are ... ??  If you truly don't care, please stop trying to denigrate my opinion.  Just accept that we don't all agree, and that's ok.  In fact, if we did all agree, it would be kinda weird.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

They (Saban) will have to retire in order to generate an opening.

Then they (bammer) can proceed with who they want. 

Yes, dink will still have some input on who to hire, but he has recently spoken highly of Kiffin as a HC.

Don't disagree with what you are saying but Kiffen has a say as to where he will coach also and I am saying Bama may have burned that bridge when they fired him in 2014. 

13 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I think its silly for anyone to pretend that they "Know" Kiffin wont be a great coach at auburn or do great things, but at the same time its perfectly ok for people to not hold a high opinion of Lane right now. 

It'll be on CLF to prove the doubters wrong or lese he'll be shown the door like so many others. 

Past is prologue.  Maybe this time will be different .. but if it isn't, he won't be shown the door b/c he'll be like Jimbo - stuck in a fat contract with a giant payout.

25 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Quite the savant. With that track record, Cohen and the PTB need your input, badly. You owe it to all Auburn fans to make your voice heard. Before it's too late! 

No crystal ball required.  Just look at the records, assess the performance, check the character - if you dare.

30 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Interesting that you consider others' opinions droning pettiness, but your opinions are ... ??  If you truly don't care, please stop trying to denigrate my opinion.  Just accept that we don't all agree, and that's ok.  In fact, if we did all agree, it would be kinda weird.

You must have reading comprehension issues.   I never said your opinions are pointless (edit pettiness).  The droning on and on is quite pointless  (edit: Petty ) tho.   

I have stated where I stand on Kiffen and other coaches  one or two times this week.  No droning about how good or  bad this hire is for Auburn.   How exactly do you think  your posts are helping the Tigers you so love?  

Help start the momentum.  Don't fight it. 

Good day

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

33 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I would love someone to pull up somebody that was attacked or something.....the thing about this place is it's cool to attack or bully someone until someone disagrees with you....then even something as simple as the person is not talking to you turns into an attack.

If you aren't going to stand up for everybody then you probably shouldn't stand for anybody

Yes, if you don’t concede your position and agree with me then you are attacking me. And if someone chimes in that agrees with you and not me then we have a mob on our hands. Scary times we are living in!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Reading through some of these comments, I just don’t know if we can all be on the same page about anything. Seems like some people just don’t want to be hopeful about anything. I just don’t get it. 

War Eagle always. 

We just don't want to be hurt and look stupid at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

You must have reading comprehension issues.   I never said your opinions are pointless.  The droning on and on isquite pointless tho.  

I have stated where I stand on Kiffen and other coaches  one or two times this week.  No droning about how good or  bad this hire is for Auburn.   How exactly do you think  your posts are helping the Tigers you so love?  

Help start the momentum.  Don't fight it. 

Good day

I never wrote pointless; it may be your comprehension that is in need of assessment.  When others respond to my posts, either negatively or positively, and I respond back to them, that is called a conversation, not droning.  If you don't want me to continue to discuss the matter with you, stop responding to my posts.  🤷‍♀️ 

Reading through some of these comments, I just don’t know if we can all be on the same page about anything. Seems like some people just don’t want to be hopeful about anything. I just don’t get it. 

War Eagle always. 

Yeah....there are some in here who really don't deserve anything positive to happen. Most of us do. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Wasn’t referring to you my man. 

He said no sh*t just like he wasn't talking to you

2 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

We just don't want to be hurt and look stupid at the same time. 

Every day is a risk. Accept it 

27 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Don't disagree with what you are saying but Kiffen has a say as to where he will coach also and I am saying Bama may have burned that bridge when they fired him in 2014. 

I believe Dabo will get it. My point is IF it gets out than Kiffin looks into bammer’s opening, it won’t be pretty. 

• Haha 1

War Eagle always. 

Well to be fair if it was somebody that you didn't want then you wouldn't be on that page. Clearly there wasn't going to be a hire that everybody would have agreed with

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well to be fair if it was somebody that you didn't want then you wouldn't be on that page. Clearly there wasn't going to be a hire that everybody would have agreed with

No doubt. 

War Eagle always. 

Forget being on the same page. Some of these folks aren't even on the same book. They must be a hoot at work or at the dinner table. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, DAG said:

Lane will keep trolling. I am surprised Ole Miss would let this go on tbh. Like I said, I find it interesting he never denied it nor accepted his new contract extension from Ole miss.

Ole Miss has no choice. If they fire him they owe him a buyout. Considering ither jobs is not usually a “for cause” reason.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Sabotage is afoot
2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

lots of exceptions to this cole.   For me ...  Kiffin was  one of about 4 coaches I would be  very  happy with.   There are only a handful of coaches I would adamantly be against, but would do all I can to support them.   There is nothing we can do about who we hire/fire, so no matter who it is, I  will back them as long as I can.    I want what is best for the players and program.   As long as I see improvement week to week and year to year,  I am happy. Once they prove they can not handle the job I move on.   

• Like 2