Sabotage is afoot

Swamp Eagle

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Auburn isn’t reporting anything so let’s make sure we see it for what it is. 

That’s just it. There are people in Mississippi that are trying to stop this from happening and doing everything they can to stop this from happening. Auburn hasn’t said a thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I mean I may be wrong but it will Force Lane to say something now. Even his players will be asking him and it will be chaos in Ole Miss for the next 3 days.

basically force his hand. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That’s just it. There are people in Mississippi that are trying to stop this from happening and doing everything they can to stop this from happening. Auburn hasn’t said a thing.

This may force ole miss’s hand and go the interim coach route early. Irresponsible mess by someone.  Not a great look.

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I mean, would people from Ole Miss leaking this info make LK want to stay and work with these people???

More so just putting both in an awkward situation 

Just now, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well then go ahead and sign your contract w ole miss Lane, you have done your part leveraging, just awaits your signature..

FOUR MORE YEARS

FOUR MORE YEARS

FOUR MORE…

• Haha 2

Who knows what is true anymore with the media.  Anyone can say damn near anything they want, true or not, with absolutely 0 repercussions or accountability.  I think we all saw enough of that prior to the midterm elections with people just flat-out lying saying our government was ending if you voted a certain way and no one said sh*t about it!  You just get enough people to repeat it publicly and all of a sudden it is taken as fact.   The members above discussing what the strategic purpose would be of leaking this have the right idea.  It's pretty tough to come up with any reasons why either school's athletic department would want this leaked to the public at this point, none of which are very likely.       

Just now, LPTiger said:

If social media existed in the 80's, I just can't see Coach Dye (1) checking his twitter account and (2) taking the time to respond to a rumor.

Kiffin_FAU.gif

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I mean I may be wrong but it will Force Lane to say something now. Even his players will be asking him and it will be chaos in Ole Miss for the next 3 days.

basically force his hand. 

Understood. Interesting. 
I have it in good authority that it’s true and it’s happening. As far as it leaking now, that may indeed be from the Ole Miss end. But, I would favor that the Jon guy who broke both stories likely has the same contact within the AD department. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, swimmama said:

I am no expert but I want someone who wants to come to Auburn and build something special. Kiffin drifts from one place to the next.  I also seriously doubt if he would be happy with all the joy and love that has been given to Cadillac. I just don’t think he is really a fit for us but seems like he’s what we are getting—-until he moves on somewhere else and then we start all over again. 
    This is our AD’s first big hire. I sure wouldn’t do it the day before the Iron Bowl. These boys are giving their hearts to Cadillac and the other coaches. 
   Guess we will see soon

war Eagle

Spot on post about Kiffin, but Auburn will not be announcing anything official until Sunday at the earliest. They will not be raining on Cadillac’s parade.

• Like 3

If lane is successful at Auburn in 2-3 years he will bolt to the NFL -NOT- bammer.

oh and he will not keep Carnell - no way.  Carnell will over shadow lane in popularity among players and fans.

I hope Carnell can find a decent head coaching job like at a west Kentucky or Ark State to gain even more experience then come back to Auburn as a long term HC!

Edited by AUY2K
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think the Ole Miss people are doing this on purpose to stop it from happening. Break it now and try to crash the entire thing. 

You mean like when the scorned woman keys the cheater’s car?

1 minute ago, BHDAU1 said:

Who knows what is true anymore with the media.  Anyone can say damn near anything they want, true or not, with absolutely 0 repercussions or accountability   You just get enough people to repeat it publicly and all of a sudden it is taken as fact.   The members above discussing what the strategic purpose would be of leaking this have the right idea.  It's pretty tough to come up with any reasons why either school's athletic department would want this leaked to the public at this point, none of which are very likely.       

I think you would really enjoy the movie "The Hater"  (netflix polish film).     Neither party may be involved.   it could just be a hater from MS ST or bama.  Or a still mad at Kiffin  UT fan.    It could be anyone.  you would be shocked at how many people attempt to be like the hater in this movie.   we have a couple on this board.  most do not take it to such an extreme of course (murder) , but If you want a  better understanding of the net and misinformation this is a must watch.

1 minute ago, AUY2K said:

If lane is successful at Auburn in 2-3 years he will bolt to the NFL.

oh and he will not keep Carnell - no way.  Carnell will over shadow lane in popularity among players and fans.

I agree the nfl may fit his strengths better. But I think the the owners have had their fill of college coaches for awhile. Plus Al Davis pretty thoroughly torched him.

6 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

If lane is successful at Auburn in 2-3 years he will bolt to the NFL -NOT- bammer.

I hope Carnell can find a decent head coaching job like at a west Kentucky or Ark State to gain even more experience then come back to Auburn as a long term HC!

You don’t know what’s next for Carnell. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Understood. Interesting. 
I have it in good authority that it’s true and it’s happening. As far as it leaking now, that may indeed be from the Ole Miss end. But, I would favor that the Jon guy who broke both stories likely has the same contact within the AD department. 

I hope reporters in Mississippi do not have contacts in Auburn's AD.

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree the nfl may fit his strengths better. But I think the the owners have had their fill of college coaches for awhile. Plus Al Davis pretty thoroughly torched him.

Al torched him big time but I also think owners view what Al did as a campaign to fire him with cause, a money move and over time it is almost respectable that Kiffin faught back against drafting Jamarcus (though there were other issues) i agree tho, they have to be turned off towards college coaches by now.

Let’s face it…..A lot of if’s with any new HC. 

If whoever the new HC wins at Auburn they could move on to a dream job somewhere else. 

If the new HC flames out then we are back where we are now. 

If the new HC just does average then we are back to the Gus days. 

• Like 1