Sabotage is afoot

Swamp Eagle

If it's true I will be happy to have Kiffin. I just hope that we didn't pay him anywhere near 10 million a year because he's definitely no worth that. With the use of the portal he can have our roster fixed in a year or two and he's got the #25 class at Ole Miss with only 13 commits. Auburn has better everything than Ole Miss so the recruiting should improve as well.

Even if he does leave for another job, that should NEVER be a reason to not hire a coach. You go for the best coaches you can and if they leave then it means they probably did a damn good job. Kiffin has only ever left a previous job when it's been a step up so if he leaves for Alabama or the NFL it means he turned around the program and that's a good thing for the future coach.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

I love Kiffin's troll-like personality.

Edit: His personality and Auburn twitter is a match made in heaven.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I mean I may be wrong but it will Force Lane to say something now. Even his players will be asking him and it will be chaos in Ole Miss for the next 3 days.

basically force his hand. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Only AUB fans... We haven't even hired the dude yet and cats on here talking about him leaving for NFL or Bama... It's amazing.  

They must suffer from a massive inferiority complex I’m guessing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Only AUB fans... We haven't even hired the dude yet and cats on here talking about him leaving for NFL or Bama... It's amazing.  

My biggest draw back on the fans here clicking their gums about it will be the same ones that as soon as ANY little thing happens will be waiting with baited breath to say "SEE I TOLD YALL" 

We had Harsin who was a dick and drove the program in the ground. If we do hire lane or anyone else for that matter I hope that we can hold our pitchforks and torches for a little while before we burn him at the stake.... Geeeeezzzz 

Some of yall are acting like a bunch of rowtahders with all this pissin and moanin about every little thing. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

OP, what are you talking about?

I'm not talking. I just posted (typed) a story on a message board with a catchy topic title.

1 hour ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Kiffin will never be on the UpDyke payroll again.

And you can bet the house it is eating them alive. Almost to a man, 'Kiffin to Bama after Saban retures' is all they've hoped for.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I think you would really enjoy the movie "The Hater"  (netflix polish film).     Neither party may be involved.   it could just be a hater from MS ST or bama.  Or a still mad at Kiffin  UT fan.    It could be anyone.  you would be shocked at how many people attempt to be like the hater in this movie.   we have a couple on this board.  most do not take it to such an extreme of course (murder) , but If you want a  better understanding of the net and misinformation this is a must watch.

It really is sickening how bad it's gotten at this point.  I am not saying that this is flat-out not true, because I have no idea whether it is or isn't.  What I do know is that as far as this "breaking story" goes, we have a reporter telling us that his unnamed "sources" have reported this to him, sources that are not named nor described in any way.  Are they sources inside the Auburn program? Ole Miss program? Are they a group of Ole Miss fans at the local bar off campus? Are the sources his two best friends in Idaho? Anyone in the media could start this rumor now for any number of reasons, the most likely of which is to get as many views/hits as possible, to gain notoriety/recognition, and to gain more credibility should the prediction come true.  By not naming any sources nor describing what or where the sources are, should this not occur on that Friday but on a later date this guy could easily walk it back.  He could come back afterward and just say well my sources were wrong about the time frame but right about Kiffin to AU, or better yet, due to the leaking of this very information that he published, the parties involved have changed their plans as a direct result of this story!  Oh well, I guess we will all just have to see how this whole thing plays out and hope for the best.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Weird headline but ok. 
guys how else would this work? 
let’s celebrate! 

Wait to announce it until after the IB. Caddy and the team have earned the right to have the IB be about them instead of a new coach. I would also make sure Caddy got the respect of a formal interview before a final announcement. After all that is done, announce the heck out of it.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Wait to announce it until after the IB. Caddy and the team have earned the right to have the IB be about them instead of a new coach. I would also make sure Caddy got the respect of a formal interview before a final announcement. After all that is done, announce the heck out of it.  

THIS!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I agree. So have the ole miss players. This whole thing needs to totally go away until Sunday.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

It’s not going to be about them anymore than the egg bowl will be about Ole miss. It will be about CLK and he clearly loves the attention.

Is this credible or just someone reporting from their basement? I feel rather good that Lane is just using this for negotiation and I would be very surprised if he was hired at Auburn.

Guys it was leaked by a couple of reporters. I don’t think it’s a sinister plot by either school. Meanwhile, why don’t we just wait a bit and see what happens. 

pS this is college football now. It’s a professional sport to almost every sense of the word. So coaches saying one thing, players “deserving” this or that…that’s 10 years ago. Today’s world is a different beast. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Guys it was leaked by a couple of reporters. I don’t think it’s a sinister plot by either school. Meanwhile, why don’t we just wait a bit and see what happens. 

pS this is college football now. It’s a professional sport to almost every sense of the word. So coaches saying one thing, players “deserving” this or that…that’s 10 years ago. Today’s world is a different beast. 

Still confident that LK will be our next HC?

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s not going to be about them anymore than the egg bowl will be about Ole miss. It will be about CLK and he clearly loves the attention.

He does but no use in helping it blow up before the game. Let Caddy and the team have their day.

18 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Cuz nothing says RESPECT like a phony interview.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Cuz nothing says RESPECT like a phony interview.

Fair. How lane handles caddy will be his first test if he can read and handle a tricky situation

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

And you can bet the house it is eating them alive. Almost to a man, 'Kiffin to Bama after Saban retures' is all they've hoped for.

That's news to me.  All of my UA friends have been banking on Dabo the Golden Child to return and take over after Saban retires since 2007, which was before he even became hc of Clempson.

Just now, Elephant Tipper said:

That's news to me.  All of my UA friends have been banking on Dabo the Golden Child to return and take over after Saban retires since 2007, which was before he even became hc of Clempson.

^ This