Sabotage is afoot

Swamp Eagle

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Cuz nothing says RESPECT like a phony interview.

Well not having one would show even less would it not ? It costs you nothing. He has done enough to deserve it so you do it and unite the fan base going into the era of the new coach.

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

Hahahahhahahahaha

*sources say*
Lane has been hired…but the job hasn’t been offered to anyone. 

How can Lane accept a job that hasn’t been offered to anyone??  Does anyone only refer to humans and he’s an alien?  What am I missing here? 🤣

Guest MustardSeed
47 minutes ago, Taker said:

My biggest draw back on the fans here clicking their gums about it will be the same ones that as soon as ANY little thing happens will be waiting with baited breath to say "SEE I TOLD YALL" 

We had Harsin who was a dick and drove the program in the ground. If we do hire lane or anyone else for that matter I hope that we can hold our pitchforks and torches for a little while before we burn him at the stake.... Geeeeezzzz 

Some of yall are acting like a bunch of rowtahders with all this pissin and moanin about every little thing. 

So I should wait til at least next week to start the Fire Kiffin thread then?  Man that’s gonna be a tough week

1 minute ago, PikesEagle said:

I'm sill hoping it is a ploy and AU has recently started talking with Prime for the HC position.

Hope all ya wanna my friend. Does not appear to be a viable option at this point. 

11 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

That's news to me.  All of my UA friends have been banking on Dabo the Golden Child to return and take over after Saban retires since 2007, which was before he even became hc of Clempson.

I believe kiffin is a Southern California guy.  He’s implied it before. He left tenn without thinking twice in under a year. While some may fret about bama, I think usc (part 2?) or ucla are potentially more the issue. They’ll be big 10.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Hope all ya wanna my friend. Does not appear to be a viable option at this point. 

True, but I didn't believe that Harsin was a viable option. Call me an optimist until an "official" announcement is made.

32 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Fair. How lane handles caddy will be his first test if he can read and handle a tricky situation

Why,  it is a win win. 

Keep Caddy... helps the team.   

Let Caddy go get some OC and HC coaching experience so he is ready for HC at an SEC school (here)...  Helps Our future and his.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

Guest MustardSeed
9 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Maybe it's a leak from Miss St. to cause chaos before the Egg Bowl.  😂

It seems every time we have a coaching search someone reports a deal has been made with a coach…and it almost always seems the first coach mentioned to have agreed to coach for Auburn is never the guy that is actually hired. There’s always dirty tactics at play in the SEC. If Lane is hired he may be the first in the last 20 years that was actually the first reported to be hired and it not be a lie

Edited by MustardSeed

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I mean I may be wrong but it will Force Lane to say something now. Even his players will be asking him and it will be chaos in Ole Miss for the next 3 days.

basically force his hand. 

And who benefits from that chaos?  Miss St.  🧐  😂

3 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

And who benefits from that chaos?  Miss St.  🧐  😂

Funny thing is that they are all blaming AU. 
Ole Miss fans are emailing the AD asking for Lane’s termination. This is unreal. Auburn has not even offered him yet (but I am sure they will now). 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Taker said:

I'm just gonna leave this here for anyone who gets thirsty from all your hatin 

Screenshot_20221121_212509.jpg

How did that damn thing float back up all the way from Boise?

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

It seems every time we have a coaching search someone reports a deal has been made with a coach…and it almost always seems the first coach mentioned to have agreed to coach for Auburn is never the guy that is actually hired. There’s always dirty tactics at play in the SEC. If Lane is hired he may be the first in the last 20 years that was actually the first reported to be hired and it not be a lie

Agree with you.  Phillip Marshall has said nobody knows who Auburn is talking to except Cohen and McGlynn.  There are no leaks in this search.

My theory is that the mob came up with a shortlist when Harsin was fired, and in the absence of any leaks or actual journalism to find out what's been happening, that shortlist is all they had.  So, the chattering class narrowed the shortlist based on some imaginary criteria, and that's what they're reporting. 

Lane is the top candidate reported b/c no one actually knows who all Cohen is interviewing.  I sure do hope they've found someone better than Lane Kiffin and Hugh Freeze.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Funny thing is that they are all blaming AU. 
Ole Miss fans are emailing the AD asking for Lane’s termination. This is unreal. Auburn has not even offered him yet (but I am sure they will now). 

No they're not!  Oh my gosh .. 😂

1 minute ago, lovemytigerz said:

That is a hoot! 

Seems like ole Lane leaves a trail of destruction in his wake everywhere he coaches.  

?

I don’t think this is on Lane. He wants to leave and can’t say anything. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Agree with you.  Phillip Marshall has said nobody knows who Auburn is talking to except Cohen and McGlynn.  There are no leaks in this search.

My theory is that the mob came up with a shortlist when Harsin was fired, and in the absence of any leaks or actual journalism to find out what's been happening, that shortlist is all they had.  So, the chattering class narrowed the shortlist based on some imaginary criteria, and that's what they're reporting. 

Lane is the top candidate reported b/c no one actually knows who all Cohen is interviewing.  I sure do hope they've found someone better than Lane Kiffin and Hugh Freeze.

Give us some good examples besides these.