Sabotage is afoot

Swamp Eagle

1 minute ago, lovemytigerz said:

He needed to take GA from a mediocre also ran to a juggernaut.  

Kirby is a great coach.  We could have had him, but much like the arguments for Kiffin now, everyone wanted Gus b/c they believed he was some kind of offensive genius b/c of what Cam Newton did in 2010.

I'm not saying that Kiffin is a terrible coach .. I'm saying he's not an elite coach.  He'll win a lot of games, and rack up a lot of yards.  He won't build a powerhouse at Auburn.  I want the powerhouse.

So how is Dan Lanning an elite coach?

He needed to take GA from a mediocre also ran to a juggernaut.  

Kirby is a great coach.  We could have had him, but much like the arguments for Kiffin now, everyone wanted Gus b/c they believed he was some kind of offensive genius b/c of what Cam Newton did in 2010.

I'm not saying that Kiffin is a terrible coach .. I'm saying he's not an elite coach.  He'll win a lot of games, and rack up a lot of yards.  He won't build a powerhouse at Auburn.  I want the powerhouse.

Good to know you can predict the future, what's next week's lottery numbers so I can go ahead and do that? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

They wanna compare him to Kirby I'm guessing... Doesn't mean he is automatically an elite coach because he coach under one... 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

But you want a pac 12 coach who may or may not win 10 games this year, right? How is that a proven Juggernaut based on your standards?

Nope.  Lanning isn't a PAC 12 coach .. he's an SEC coach who took a job in the PAC 12!  His pedigree and experience are SEC under Saban & Smart.  I never NEVER said it's a juggernaut .. not yet.  But he's a guy who can, and I think WILL, build a juggernaut!

I have no such thought nor evidence for Kiffin as a coach.

• Like 1

Just now, lovemytigerz said:

Nope.  Lanning isn't a PAC 12 coach .. he's an SEC coach who took a job in the PAC 12!  His pedigree and experience are SEC under Saban & Smart.  I never NEVER said it's a juggernaut .. not yet.  But he's a guy who can, and I think WILL, build a juggernaut!

You said CLK isn't an elite coach and winning 10 games in the SEC is mediocre. So how is Dan Lanning an elite coach? Tell me.

• Like 1

But Kiffin coach under Saban and learned the ins and outs of that what's the difference?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

They wanna compare him to Kirby I'm guessing... Doesn't mean he is automatically an elite coach because he coach under one... 

Exactly my point. Potential versus actual data points.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Exactly my point. Potential versus actual data points.

They just wanna complain. That's my guess, LK isnt who they wanted so all they have left is to try and grasp at straws.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Go Ducks!🦆 Your team of destiny.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And I am telling you, CLK did not need a cam to look like a genius prior to his hiring. So you cannot compare the two which is the point of the discussion you entered. You are stuck on the word Genius, and I am trying to show why that is not a fair comparison, which was insinuated. 

oh bullcrap. you told the kid gus was not considered a genius and he was. this cannot be refuted. it circulated in the media for a while. i have not said gus is a better coach period. i am pretty sure lane is better. but this is a discussion board and i am allowed to give my viewpoint just like you.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

oh bullcrap. you told the kid gus was not considered a genius and he was. this cannot be refuted. it circulated in the media for a while. i have not said gus is a better coach period. i am pretty sure lane is better. but this is a discussion board and i am allowed to give my viewpoint just like you.

I said Gus was considered a Genuis in his own mind. Give your opinion. I never once said you couldn't have an opinion. So sick of your freaking attitude anytime someone responds to you. I am done arguing with you. I don't agree with your assessment or opinion. Get over yourself.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

I'm not asserting that he wouldn't win at all.  Quite the opposite.  He would win a lot of games at Auburn, but he's not an elite coach who will build Auburn into a powerhouse. 

The standard is not to take a team that is at rock bottom and just bounce off the bottom.  The standard is juggernaut .. not just being better than rock bottom or even winning a lot of games, but fielding a team that is a legit championship contender every season!  Kiffin hasn't done that anywhere.

It is not so easy just going out and getting the perfect coach.   We are not the only team  striving for championships.  We are not the only school with money.  We are not the only school with history and school spirit.  

Kiffen has turned bad  teams around.   At Auburn he has everything he needs to turn us around and  build a championship team.  He has the coaching intelligence.   If you can not see the improvements he made at all his other stops  I am not sure I can help you.

BTW, How does complaining about him before he even is announced  help Auburn in any way?

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

He has all the SEC creds and training to prove that out in time.  He coached under Kirby at both Bama and GA, and has a great rep as a recruiter.  He's building a top 10 class in Oregon, and snagging great kids out of the south!  

We've seen a few great defensive coaches fail at HC b/c they couldn't move from DCo to CEO .. Chizik, Muschamp several times, Barry Odom.  Only time will bear his eliteness out, but Lanning has all the tools and the football mind to build the juggernaut, and he is settling into his CEO role quite well.  

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

You said CLK isn't an elite coach and winning 10 games in the SEC is mediocre. So how is Dan Lanning an elite coach? Tell me.

This person has to be trolling you at this point. His point is so totally illogical I refuse to believe anything other than he’s playing with you. 

Just now, lovemytigerz said:

He has all the SEC creds and training to prove that out in time.  He coached under Kirby at both Bama and GA, and has a great rep as a recruiter.  He's building a top 10 class in Oregon, and snagging great kids out of the south!  

We've seen a few great defensive coaches fail at HC b/c they couldn't move from DCo to CEO .. Chizik, Muschamp several times, Barry Odom.  Only time will bear his eliteness out, but Lanning has all the tools and the football mind to build the juggernaut, and he is settling into his CEO role quite well.  

CLK coached under Saban. CLK has SEC Cred. Mario Cristobal was getting top ten classes at Oregon. Is he elite?

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

This person has to be trolling you at this point. His point is so totally illogical I refuse to believe anything other than he’s playing with you. 

Yeah good call. I am pretty much done with him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

But Kiffin coach under Saban and learned the ins and outs of that what's the difference?

I'm sure he learned at Bama.  But, Kiffin took his flashy offense into Bama without taking on Saban's "character" as a coach. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

I'm sure he learned at Bama.  But, Kiffin took his flashy offense into Bama without taking on Saban's "character" as a coach. 

What does this even mean? On 2nd thought,  nevermind

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

i am not trolling. he said in caps gus was not a genuis and was never considered a genius. this is not true. go back and read what he said. and what i said is right. period.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not trolling. he said in caps gus was not a genuis and was never considered a genius. this is not true. go back and read what he said. and what i said is right. period.

He's not even talking about you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

CLK coached under Saban. CLK has SEC Cred. Mario Cristobal was getting top ten classes at Oregon. Is he elite?

Not according to his record. 

Note that I didn't say that Lanning is a proven elite coach .. not yet, anyway.  What I'm saying is he has all the tools and pedigrees to prove an elite coach.  There is no evidence that Kiffin will suddenly move to an elite level.

Why is it so important to you that I agree with your opinion?

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Lanning, who I respect, has exactly one year of coaching. You have no idea how he is going to turn out. 

Exactly. Remember when Mark Helfrich took over the Oregon job when Chip went to the Philadelphia Eagles? In his first year as a HC, Helfrich got to the playoffs and beat Florida State 59-20 in the 1st round. FSU was on a 29 game winning streak. Mariota also won the Heisman that year under Helfrich. They got beat by Ohio State in the National Title game. 

Helfrich got considerably worse each season and was finally fired after 4 seasons and replaced by Willie Taggart. Helfrich was a "Can't Miss" new coach but now he is an analyst calling games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

'm not saying that Kiffin is a terrible coach .. I'm saying he's not an elite coach.  He'll win a lot of games, and rack up a lot of yards.  He won't build a powerhouse at Auburn.  I want the powerhouse.

I’m pretty sure Auburn has never had an elite coach because we’ve never had an elite program. Great program yes. Elite no. We all want the powerhouse. Right now there’s no one available with a better chance to make that happen than LK. Can he do it? We’re going to find out. 

• Like 1