Lane’s potential staff

AUinMS9528

Assuming CLK is named our HC soon, what do you think his staff will look like?

OC - edit (I see Charlie Weis Jr is Co-OC at OM)

DC - Will Muschamp (Lane’s offense coupled with a top notch defense would be something special!)

I’m sure Monte would continue in an advisory role   

RB/AHC - Cadillac Williams

Does he retain any more of our guys, like Ike or Zac?

Anyone else from OM staff?

Any other known connections that would be a good fit?

Edited by AUinMS9528

2 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

I would be shocked if lane kept Carnell.

Would be ashame, but I think you might be right.  IF the Kiffin news is true.

6 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I really want to see what kids transfer with him to Auburn. Ole Miss fans think a big chunk of the team could come with Lane. I really want Quinshon Judkins. 

Judkins and Jarquez with a newly signed transfer portal line would be fun. Great starting point fo sure. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Would be ashame, but I think you might be right.  IF the Kiffin news is true.

I get the base logic - but damn would that be missing the bigger picture of winning over an uneasy fan base early.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Why?  His RB coach at Ole Miss is in his 1st season, so he would have no overwhelming reason to bring him.  Caddy is an Auburn legend, he recruits well, he is popular with fans, and his RBs produce.  Aside from being an Auburn legend, Caddy is an obvious asset.  Retaining Caddy would be a great way to quickly lock down that position, and maximize fan support.  Unless a new head coach drastically misreads the room, no one wants to be the guy that started off by getting rid of Caddy.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Not retaining Cadillac is not the end of the world but not TRYING to retain Cadillac is a major red flag for me w an incoming coach. Ideally he is walking arm and arm in to that initial players meeting with Cadillac and delivering a word about the future of our program with Caddy showing full approval because he has been offered a pay raise and a place on the staff -- now if caddy wants to bounce and do something somewhere else than that is that, no harm no foul.

If incoming coach is worried about losing his job to Cadillac then he's a schmuck and shouldnt be the coach to begin with. Just my thoughts and emotions on the matter.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 9

Yeah, he needs to put forth significant effort to keep Caddy!   I think being RB/AHC for a couple of years before taking a smaller school HC is in his best interest.   But I’m supporting Caddy whatever he does!!!

Edited by AUinMS9528
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Both OM offensive tackles are freshmen. Hope both come with. 

I live around a bunch of OM fans.   If we steal their coach (again) and pillage their team,  I will lose friends.    

It will be totally worth it!!!🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I am very interested in the DC hire.  I see Muschamps name thrown out there but AU fans have a tendency to just throw out names of coaches who have been associated with in the past.

Is the modern game something Muschamp can still defend?  Who are some other DCs that could fit the bill?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I really want to see what kids transfer with him to Auburn. Ole Miss fans think a big chunk of the team could come with Lane. I really want Quinshon Judkins. 

Would be MASSIVE

11 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I am very interested in the DC hire.  I see Muschamps name thrown out there but AU fans have a tendency to just throw out names of coaches who have been associated with in the past.

Is the modern game something Muschamp can still defend?  Who are some other DCs that could fit the bill?

I think Ryan Walters from Illinois or Brad White from Kentucky would be good hires.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

I think Ryan Walters from Illinois or Brad White from Kentucky would be good hires.

I've been reading up a little on Walters.  He has done great this year but was pretty meh at Mizzou.

He lost Durkin due to money.  Perhaps he gets him to come to AU.

He will keep Caddy, Ike and Etheridge.  He should also consider Roc.  Reed and Simmons in some capacity.  Lane saw the change in the team’s play and those coaches are seen as strong hires and recruiters

12 hours ago, AUY2K said:

I'll be shocked if the doesn't at least offer him.  Any coach who relates to his players like Carnell is an asset to any head coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinman1 said:

I'll be shocked if the doesn't at least offer him.  Any coach who relates to his players like Carnell is an asset to any head coach.

I personally feel it’s already been worked out and all this hang wringing us fans are doing is for nothing. To me, everything points to the fact Carnell is at least somewhat in the loop and is good with everything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

You’re right.  Nothing but O&B speculation at this point.  
But I think he would be a great hire!   He’s always been successful as a DC, and being on uga’s staff the last 2 years couldn’t be anything but a positive!