Lane’s potential staff

AUinMS9528

13 hours ago, AUY2K said:

I would be shocked if lane kept Carnell.

I wouldn’t be. You act like Caddy is only here for himself. 🙄

6 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

As hard as it is to believe he is not.  At least that was reported on radio this week.

Interesting.  Not sure he'd be my top choice but he might not be a bad one.

5 hours ago, mom2kid said:

He lost Durkin due to money.  Perhaps he gets him to come to AU.

He will keep Caddy, Ike and Etheridge.  He should also consider Roc.  Reed and Simmons in some capacity.  Lane saw the change in the team’s play and those coaches are seen as strong hires and recruiters

I mean how do we know he is gonna keep those three coaches? And Reed and Simmons? I mean is gonna have any input on his staff or is AU Family gonna fill it out for him 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I mean how do we know he is gonna keep those three coaches? And Reed and Simmons? I mean is gonna have any input on his staff or is AU Family gonna fill it out for him 😂

Any prospective hc hire will submit his potential hires to the AD during the hiring process.

6 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I am very interested in the DC hire.  I see Muschamps name thrown out there but AU fans have a tendency to just throw out names of coaches who have been associated with in the past.

Is the modern game something Muschamp can still defend?  Who are some other DCs that could fit the bill?

Muschamp is at GA, isn't he?  I'd say he's holding it down pretty well.  Would he leave GA for a lateral move to come back to Auburn?  

12 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Muschamp is at GA, isn't he?  I'd say he's holding it down pretty well.  Would he leave GA for a lateral move to come back to Auburn?  

He's the "Co-DC" and is only making like $800k/year.

• Like 1

Muschamp can’t be hired as DC. He job hops too much.(yellow font) 😅

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Plus what he gets/got in buyout from gamecocks 

Fair point, but I'm not sure that would be enough of a reason to stay at UGA.  I'm not even sure he's who I would want, just talking things out.

17 hours ago, Strychnine said:

Why?  His RB coach at Ole Miss is in his 1st season, so he would have no overwhelming reason to bring him.  Caddy is an Auburn legend, he recruits well, he is popular with fans, and his RBs produce.  Aside from being an Auburn legend, Caddy is an obvious asset.  Retaining Caddy would be a great way to quickly lock down that position, and maximize fan support.  Unless a new head coach drastically misreads the room, no one wants to be the guy that started off by getting rid of Caddy.

Neither (Ole Miss RB or Caddy) are listed in top 50 recruiters of SEC.

6 hours ago, mom2kid said:

He lost Durkin due to money.  Perhaps he gets him to come to AU.

He will keep Caddy, Ike and Etheridge.  He should also consider Roc.  Reed and Simmons in some capacity.  Lane saw the change in the team’s play and those coaches are seen as strong hires and recruiters

Etheridge is only AU existing coach listed in top 50 in SEC. There is a reason we weren’t recruiting well. Ike may be too new.

18 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Assuming CLK is named our HC soon, what do you think his staff will look like?

OC - edit (I see Charlie Weis Jr is Co-OC at OM)

DC - Will Muschamp (Lane’s offense coupled with a top notch defense would be something special!)

I’m sure Monte would continue in an advisory role   

RB/AHC - Cadillac Williams

Does he retain any more of our guys, like Ike or Zac?

Anyone else from OM staff?

Any other known connections that would be a good fit?

Fine!   I'll be a part of Lane's staff just quit nagging me about it!!!

31 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He's the "Co-DC" and is only making like $800k/year.

So he's getting that plus the $13M SC paid him to go away, the $1.5M Florida paid him to go away, and the millions Auburn paid him as DC between Florida & SC.  At some point, I would think money isn't necessarily an important criteria for these guys.  He's a GA grad, and he could just be happy there, rolling in his cash, hanging out with the football team.  😂

49 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Fair point, but I'm not sure that would be enough of a reason to stay at UGA.  I'm not even sure he's who I would want, just talking things out.

I completely agree.  How many times has that guy left Auburn?  I know one was to become a head coach but I think one was for the same position at Texas and later made HC in waiting.   It’s one of the reasons I wouldn’t have hired chizik, not including his terrible record at Iowa State.   Just my opinion though.  

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I completely agree.  How many times has that guy left Auburn?  I know one was to become a head coach but I think one was for the same position at Texas and later made HC in waiting.   It’s one of the reasons I wouldn’t have hired chizik, not including his terrible record at Iowa State.   Just my opinion though.  

He's left AU in better shape every time he's left. That's all I care about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AUY2K said:

I would be shocked if lane kept Carnell.

Well, he's a great running backs coach, a great recruiter, and popular with fans. He'd have to be insane not to keep him, but then again we are talking about Lane Kiffen.

as far as assistant coaches go if lane leaves there is no guarantee they will be picked up by the next coaching staff unless they hire from within so i think all the coaches are fair game and lane might have a coach or two he might want to bring with him.

8 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Well, he's a great running backs coach, a great recruiter, and popular with fans. He'd have to be insane not to keep him, but then again we are talking about Lane Kiffen.

I keep seeing this here and is it really true or is it a view through O&B glasses?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, selias said:

I keep seeing this here and is it really true or is it a view through O&B glasses?

Definitely the latter.

• Thanks 1