Lane’s potential staff

AUinMS9528

4 minutes ago, selias said:

I keep seeing this here and is it really true or is it a view through O&B glasses?

It's the typical ex-AU player is the bestest and all we need is a coaching staff full of ex-players and we're set mentality.

• Like 2

Dream Staff

HC - Lane Kiffin

OC/QB - Charlie Weiss, Jr.

RB - Carnell Williams

WR - Jeff Scott

OL - Matt Luke

TE/ST - Dell McGee

DC - Will Muschamp

DL - Ed Orgeron

OLB/EDGE - Roc Bellatoni

LB - Travis Williams

DB - Tavarius Robinson

Edited by CameronCrazy

14 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

I hope Auburn didn’t break the bank on Kiffins contract with little left to hire decent OC, DC, and assistants.

We're not a poverty program.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

I hope Auburn didn’t break the bank on Kiffins contract with little left to hire decent OC, DC, and assistants.

wow.  just wow.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Assuming CLK is named our HC soon, what do you think his staff will look like?

OC - edit (I see Charlie Weis Jr is Co-OC at OM)

DC - Will Muschamp (Lane’s offense coupled with a top notch defense would be something special!)

I’m sure Monte would continue in an advisory role   

RB/AHC - Cadillac Williams

Does he retain any more of our guys, like Ike or Zac?

Anyone else from OM staff?

Any other known connections that would be a good fit?

Zac E is good enough to stay on, otherwise, no one else on the current staff should be retained but let go to pursue other successes. I think Travis Williams is worth a look to return. Will Muschamp is banned from entering Auburn city limits. My personal out-of-the-box pick is Mike Leach for OC since he'll get fired after Lane beats him and since LK does most of the work, ML will only have to work about 20 hours per week which leaves him plenty of time to steal snarky remarks from me. #WDE 

Edited by Systems

54 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

TE/ST - Dell McGee

@CameronCrazy there’s no way we would get him as a TE/ST coach. It’s likely the only way we would get him is if he was at least a co offensive coordinator.

Same thing for T will. He will not take a demotion from his DC job to be a LB coach again unless he was somehow let go from his other job.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@bigbird so you’re saying Cadillac is not a great recruiter? That’s how your post comes across.

I'm obviously not Bird but do you have some contradictory evidence that he is a great recruiter?

26 minutes ago, Systems said:

Zac E is good enough to stay on, otherwise, no one else on the current staff should be retained but let go to pursue other successes. I think Travis Williams is worth a look to return. Will Muschamp is banned from entering Auburn city limits. My personal out-of-the-box pick is Mike Leach for OC since he'll get fired after Lane beats him and since LK does most of the work, ML will only have to work about 20 hours per week which leaves him plenty of time to steal snarky remarks from me. #WDE 

So you wouldn't keep Caddy?

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm obviously not Bird but do you have some contradictory evidence that he is a great recruiter?

I’m not saying he is a great recruiter. I was just making sure bird meant how the post came across because I could’ve sworn him saying he was a great recruiter before. Plus bird always posts coaches’ best recruits whenever he says that someone is a great recruiter so I’m just giving him that opportunity now. So it’s a question for him not me.

Just now, ellitor said:

I’m not saying he is a great recruiter. I was just making sure bird meant how the post came across because I could’ve sworn him saying he was a great recruiter before. Plus bird always posts coaches’ best recruits whenever he says that someone is a great recruiter so I’m just giving him that opportunity now. So it’s a question for him not me.

Fair enough.  I don't see any evidence that he is a great recruiter just going by results.

Yeah my opinion/word on the street is that Caddy is a decent recruiter but the lore of him being a crazy great recruiter is fable. maybe someone can correct us if that’s wrong. He is certainly very good at making bonds and connections with the players he gets, so this isn’t meant to attack in any way. 

But more importantly for this discussion, i get a little miffed at folks who get worried about Auburn’s contracts, $ issues, and such. First of all, it’s not “real” money. Most people, including myself, that contribute to the program love Auburn but do so as tax writeoffs. Plus, what’s it to me if somebody decides to spend their money that way? And finally, do we understand how much money comes in from football when the program is successful? $10M is a drop in the bucket!  In other words, just don’t worry about such things. When Lane is the coach, he will be able to get who he wants and the $ will be there. Just sayin. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I would not keep Caddy on the new staff. IMO, his growth opportunities at Auburn have stalled; he can only go higher somewhere else. Who's to say Caddy wouldn't get the HC job at Ole Miss or MSU? 

Edited by Systems

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Yeah my opinion/word on the street is that Caddy is a decent recruiter but the lore of him being a crazy great recruiter is fable. maybe someone can correct us if that’s wrong. He is certainly very good at making bonds and connections with the players he gets, so this isn’t meant to attack in any way. 

But more importantly for this discussion, i get a little miffed at folks who get worried about Auburn’s contracts, $ issues, and such. First of all, it’s not “real” money. Most people, including myself, that contribute to the program love Auburn but do so as tax writeoffs. Plus, what’s it to me if somebody decides to spend their money that way? And finally, do we understand how much money comes in from football when the program is successful? $10M is a drop in the bucket!  In other words, just don’t worry about such things. When Lane is the coach, he will be able to get who he wants and the $ will be there. Just sayin. 

Caddy is not a highly rated recruiter in the 2022 rankings.

• Like 1

Just now, passthebiscuits said:

The hand wringing over his salary befuddles me. Mark Stoops just got a 9 mil a year extension. If youre serious about getting a top coach, 9.5-10 is the market rate. I dont care any more about that than I do players getting NIL money. Who deserves it more than them? The TV money is exploding.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I've gone back and forth on this in my head multiple times and I'm thinking I wouldn't keep him on staff.

If he wants to grow in the coaching profession, he needs to go elsewhere. I would help find him a landing spot where he could continue to expand his professional toolbox.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Systems said:

I would not keep Caddy on the new staff. IMO, his growth opportunities at Auburn have stalled; he can only go higher somewhere else. Who's to say Caddy wouldn't get the HC job at Ole Miss or MSU? 

OM is not dumb enough to hire him. If Lane comes here OM will probably go after Lebby, baby Briles, or Chadwell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, selias said:

I've gone back and forth on this in my head multiple times and I'm thinking I wouldn't keep him on staff.

If he wants to grow in the coaching profession, he needs to go elsewhere. I would help find him a landing spot where he could continue to expand his professional toolbox.

Agreed - the Auburn PTB "should" fine Caddy a promising landing spot; they have the resources to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Caddy is not a highly rated recruiter in the 2022 rankings.

Well, all I know is the one position on the team where we have never lacked talent since he arrived is running back.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

OM is not dumb enough to hire him. If Lane comes here OM will probably go after Lebby, baby Briles, or Chadwell.

Maybe Caddy goes to Jackson State when Deion goes to MSU...