Lane’s potential staff

AUinMS9528

10 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Carnell can recruit and knows talent regardless of stars.  Proof is in the pudding!

Tank and JH!!!!!

Rodney Garner is listed as the primary recruiter for Tank. I'll give you Jarquez though

2 minutes ago, selias said:

Rodney Garner is listed as the primary recruiter for Tank. I'll give you Jarquez though

So Jarquez and Alston.  Any others I am missing?

Edited by dyehardfanAU

44 minutes ago, woodford said:

OM is not dumb enough to hire him. If Lane comes here OM will probably go after Lebby, baby Briles, or Chadwell.

If Kiffin comes to Auburn, Ole Miss would be foolish not to pursue D. Sanders - with everything they have.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Doug Belk from U of Houston for DC

His defense gave up 77 points to SMU. I would have to pass, but I like the outside of the box thinking. Most popular candidate always seems to be Muschamp, but I'm kind of sick of him. Not really sure what kind of connections Lane has. I wouldn't mind pulling the miracle steal and taking Glenn Schumann away from Kirby. 

3 hours ago, AUY2K said:

I hope Auburn didn’t break the bank on Kiffins contract with little left to hire decent OC, DC, and assistants.

Money is not a concern

If Lane is the HC it doesn't matter who will be DC, they're getting thrown under the bus.

Kiffin is to defense as Muschamp is to offense. 

I like Georgia's DC.  I also like Muschamp.

Isn't Muschamp's son playing for UGA?  If so, I doubt Will would leave that for Auburn right now.

But hey, I think Muschamp liked his previous stints at Auburn.  Wouldn't be shocked to see him back.

7 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

His defense gave up 77 points to SMU. I would have to pass, but I like the outside of the box thinking. Most popular candidate always seems to be Muschamp, but I'm kind of sick of him. Not really sure what kind of connections Lane has. I wouldn't mind pulling the miracle steal and taking Glenn Schumann away from Kirby. 

I get that the 77 is scary. But I encourage you to read this article and consider how his whole body of work is thought of. FWIW, Kevin Steele’s Clemson defense once gave up 70 points in a bowl game and he’s one of the best in the business. We agree that Schumann would be a great get. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34298172/why-houston-defensive-coordinator-doug-belk-college-football-next-hot-head-coaching-candidate

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

@CameronCrazy there’s no way we would get him as a TE/ST coach. It’s likely the only way we would get him is if he was at least a co offensive coordinator.

Same thing for T will. He will not take a demotion from his DC job to be a LB coach again unless he was somehow let go from his other job.

100% agree - that’s just the dream staff to me

9 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Also Cobb said he’s not coming to Auburn if CCW is not there.

When did he say that? I didn’t see that in the recruiting forum. Maybe overlooked it.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

@bigbird so you’re saying Cadillac is not a great recruiter? That’s how your post comes across.

4 years and 5 recruits and two haven't signed yet. That's not great. Also, no other positions but RB, that's also anomalous.

Screenshot_20221123-090113.png

He may develop into a great one and he may have been hamstrung, but as of now...I don't think he's there yet 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

4 years and 5 recruits and two haven't signed yet. That's not great. Also, no other positions but RB, that's also anomalous.

Screenshot_20221123-090113.png

He may develop into a great one and he may have been hamstrung, but as of now...I don't think he's there yet 

1 of them is not a RB but your overall point is valid and I agree with it.

12 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Fair enough.  I don't see any evidence that he is a great recruiter just going by results.

Now that I've had some sleep I can think of 1 massive example. He beat Dell McGee for Tank & with much less time than Dell had to build a relationship with him. Jarquez Hunter was also a nice find.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 9:46 PM, TeamZero77 said:

Ole Miss fans think a big chunk of the team could come with Lane.

I'm relieved to hear this.  That implies that they love him.

Maybe the Joey Freshwater days are behind him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Now that I've had some sleep I can think of 1 massive example. He beat Dell McGee for Tank & with much less time than Dell had to build a relationship with him. Jarquez Hunter was also a nice find.

Yes, he has brought in a few good players but not that many.

• Like 1

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

Yes, he has brought in a few good players but not that many.

Again not saying he's a great recruiter. Just could have sworn Bigbird said he was but I was wrong. One could say he's great at recruiting the RB position. To add the RBs mentioned remember he had Armoni Goodwin on lock til Gus was fired.

• Like 1

If Kiffin is the guy might he possibly be able to convince Lebby that Oklahoma is a sinking ship under Venables and nab him as OC?  That is if Lebby doesn’t get a HC position somewhere.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

If Kiffin is the guy might he possibly be able to convince Lebby that Oklahoma is a sinking ship under Venables and nab him as OC?  That is if Lebby doesn’t get a HC position somewhere.

I could possibly see that but he's the highest paid OC in the country and I'm not sure if he's worth it.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

Whether it’s Lebby, or Weis Jr, or someone else, I am confident LK knows what he’s doing and the offense will be in very good hands.   I am much more curious about who he would bring to run the defense.   In order to take the next step and have an elite team, he’s got to improve his defenses.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Whether it’s Lebby, or Weis Jr, or someone else, I am confident LK knows what he’s doing and the offense will be in very good hands.   I am much more curious about who he would bring to run the defense.   In order to take the next step and have an elite team, he’s got to improve his defenses.  

If Lane is hired, I think that means he has laid out a plan/vision for improving his defense.  It would certainly come up in an interview.  I am very curious to see what his defensive staff would look like if hired.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Sinking ship? 

3 minutes ago, woodford said:

Sinking ship? 

I think he's referring to them severely underperforming this season, currently at 6-5 (3-5 in conference play).  There is a lot of hate for Venables from the fanbase right now.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1