Lane’s potential staff

AUinMS9528

1 hour ago, WarEagle1982 said:

If Kiffin is the guy might he possibly be able to convince Lebby that Oklahoma is a sinking ship under Venables and nab him as OC?  That is if Lebby doesn’t get a HC position somewhere.

I think Ooe Miss looks at him if Kiffin leaves.

• Like 1

You can't go by what a website says was the recruiter and then think that's 100% accurate. Also just because it's said a particular person is a lead recruiter that doesn't mean that recruiter had the closest relationship with that player. That's not how it works

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I think he's referring to them severely underperforming this season, currently at 6-5 (3-5 in conference play).  There is a lot of hate for Venables from the fanbase right now.

Their recruiting is strong. I think they’ll be fine. Big 12 was pretty solid this year (for the most part). 

48 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I think he's referring to them severely underperforming this season, currently at 6-5 (3-5 in conference play).  There is a lot of hate for Venables from the fanbase right now.

Losing 49-0 to Texas doesn’t sit well with people in Norman

• Like 1

18 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

When Lane is the coach, he will be able to get who he wants and the $ will be there. Just sayin. 

Where is the evidence that Lane "will be able to get who he wants..." If the evidence demonstrates the Carnell is a decent recruiter only, I would like to see the evidence that says Lane is an incredible recruiter.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:49 AM, dyehardfanAU said:

I am very interested in the DC hire.  I see Muschamps name thrown out there but AU fans have a tendency to just throw out names of coaches who have been associated with in the past.

Is the modern game something Muschamp can still defend?  Who are some other DCs that could fit the bill?

Mike zimmer might be a possibility although he is around 66.

23 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

How did you determine that?

I feel like he completely turned the defense around in 2015. Steele deserves credit for continued success, but Muschamp laid the foundation. 

I don't remember the before or after well enough from Muschamp's first stint at AU, so maybe I misstated my point. But I know the defense was elite in 2006 and 2007 and he brought in a ton of talent, like he always does. 

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

I feel like he completely turned the defense around in 2015. Steele deserves credit for continued success, but Muschamp laid the foundation. 

I don't remember the before or after well enough from Muschamp's first stint at AU, so maybe I misstated my point. But I know the defense was elite in 2006 and 2007 and he brought in a ton of talent, like he always does. 

What I mostly remember (so that means I am not quite sure) that DD couldn’t get on the field until he left.

Edited by Hank2020

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What I mostly remember (so that means I am not quite sure) that DD couldn’t get on the field until he left.

I forgot about that, but I think you are correct on DD. Don't know what happened there. 

What I remember is Muschamp seriously ramped up D recruiting in one year and the D on the field looked much better. We couldn't even tackle when he showed up. But I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

The defense is not the problem.  I think whoever the HC is he would be well served to keep the coaches intact.  I can’t imagine a better RB coach than Caddy and I believe he should be Assistant HC too.  Our deficiencies on offense are the O-line, QB and receivers.  Something must be done there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

The defense is not the problem.  I think whoever the HC is he would be well served to keep the coaches intact.  I can’t imagine a better RB coach than Caddy and I believe he should be Assistant HC too.  Our deficiencies on offense are the O-line, QB and receivers.  Something must be done there.

You are loosing most of the good ones this year. Can’t hamstring a new HC like that. Whoever it is gets to make the calls he wants, IMO.

Well, judging from the latest round of rumors flying all over the intersphere it appears his staff will be pretty much the same one he has right now.