Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

I went to the Rant and was reading what the Ole Miss fans are saying. They said that the Ole Miss pay sites are all reporting that Lane signed with Auburn today but they aren't sure if he will be announced friday or sunday. 

They are really pissed but mostly hurt at how he is going about this. In his talks to reporters he said the Ole Miss players are focused on the Egg Bowl and no distractions. He is saying "I'm happy here, I like the fanbase and administration." But he will not say he is staying. 2 reporters flatout asked him if he will be at Ole Miss in 2023. He wouldn't answer them. 

He did troll the crap out of Ole Miss though. He told reporters "I don't know what to say. I could stand here and give you a PINE BOX speech if you want that. But I don't know what to say." 😂😂 

Their fans did say that having him as the coach of your school will exhaust you because every year its reporters asking if he is leaving. I could truly see how he could wear a fanbase out from the outside noise.

• Haha 1

It’s gotta be a tough spot. He’s not gonna come right out and say he’s going to AU because OM will be mad and it’ll piss off the “ give Caddy and the boys their IB day” AU crowd to boot. He also can’t really stand there and blatantly lie and insist he’s staying if he really isn’t. I mean watcha wanna a guy to do lol??? If this is indeed happening it’ll play out how it’ll play out and everyone will just have to deal with it. Nobody ever said this was an easy business and it’s definitely a business. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

It’s gotta be a tough spot. He’s not gonna come right out and say he’s going to AU because OM will be mad and it’ll piss off the “ give Caddy and the boys their IB day” AU crowd to boot. He also can’t really stand there and blatantly lie and insist he’s staying if he really isn’t. I mean watcha wanna a guy to do lol??? If this is indeed happening it’ll play out how it’ll play out and everyone will just have to deal with it. Nobody ever said this was an easy business and it’s definitely a business. 

Yep.  Not sure what folks want him to do or say. But he could  abstain from twitter till the wkend

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yep.  Not sure what folks want him to do or say. But he could  abstain from twitter till the wkend

Come on now. 🤣. Lane stay of Twitter?? Now I’ve heard it all. That man child isn’t capable of that

*as I quietly realize that I’m not much younger than him and messing around on a  message board :iamwithstupid:*

22 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Come on now. 🤣. Lane stay of Twitter?? Now I’ve heard it all. That man child isn’t capable of that

We can always hope he gets sideways with musk. 

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

I went to the Rant and was reading what the Ole Miss fans are saying. They said that the Ole Miss pay sites are all reporting that Lane signed with Auburn today but they aren't sure if he will be announced friday or sunday. 

They are really pissed but mostly hurt at how he is going about this. In his talks to reporters he said the Ole Miss players are focused on the Egg Bowl and no distractions. He is saying "I'm happy here, I like the fanbase and administration." But he will not say he is staying. 2 reporters flatout asked him if he will be at Ole Miss in 2023. He wouldn't answer them. 

He did troll the crap out of Ole Miss though. He told reporters "I don't know what to say. I could stand here and give you a PINE BOX speech if you want that. But I don't know what to say." 😂😂 

Their fans did say that having him as the coach of your school will exhaust you because every year its reporters asking if he is leaving. I could truly see how he could wear a fanbase out from the outside noise.

He'll do the same to us whenever he leaves. Just win us some big games and get us back to championship contention before then and I'm happy.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

I've been waiting on Sunday, 11/27/22 for well over a year now.

It WAS for a firing. Fast forward and now it's for a hiring.

I think we all can wait 6 more days.

Most importantly for Cadillac and the respect that man deserves, Auburn can too.

Yeah, I love the (supposed) Kiffin hire and all, but I'm sure thankful to and for Caddy, who went a long way toward making this a fun season for us when all was lost and boring.

Thanks to Caddy, who may very well be our HC someday.  Someday.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Yeah, I love the (supposed) Kiffin hire and all, but I'm sure thankful to and for Caddy, who went a long way toward making this a fun season for us when all was lost and boring.

Thanks to Caddy, who may very well be our HC someday.  Someday.

Definitely split between wanting to have Caddy on the incoming staff in a prominent role and leaving to be a HC at a smaller school out of the spotlight, kill it on recruiting and team success, come back in 5-7 years as the new Auburn HC after Kiffin leaves.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, einatlanta said:

Definitely split between wanting to have Caddy on the incoming staff in a prominent role and leaving to be a HC at a smaller school out of the spotlight, kill it on recruiting and team success, come back in 5-7 years as the new Auburn HC after Kiffin leaves.

Yeah, if I had to guess, I'd guess Caddy will be our HC somewhere in about 2027,,,after he has put in his due to be a HC.  Not before.

I guess Auburn board and Prez really wanted Lane and so that’s why they hired Cohen? 

I hope he does well and I’ll gladly eat crow but I’m just that excited for this hire. I wanted a grand slam hire that would put UGA and Bama on notice. We just hired a very popular coach who has a lot of potential but we will see if he can clean up a mess like this. 

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, woodford said:

I guess Auburn board and Prez really wanted Lane and so that’s why they hired Cohen? 

I hope he does well and I’ll gladly eat crow but I’m just that excited for this hire. I wanted a grand slam hire that would put UGA and Bama on notice. We just hired a very popular coach who has a lot of potential but we will see if he can clean up a mess like this. 

No one knows if he’s actually hired. Just some backwoods reporting ATM. 

If lane and sexton start playing games with threats of leaving year 3 then if I’m Auburn I’d hold strong and just say “we will renew the contract when the current one is up”. And if he leaves so be it - I’m sick of these threats of leaving just to get out of a current contract to bleed more money from the university.  It’s about time we call their bluff!

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

No one knows if he’s actually hired. Just some backwoods reporting ATM. 

No need to bring Jimbo or the Aggies into this conversation...

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

If lane and sexton start playing games with threats of leaving year 3 then if I’m Auburn I’d hold strong and just say “we will renew the contract when the current one is up”. And if he leaves so be it - I’m sick of these threats of leaving just to get out of a current contract to bleed more money from the university.  It’s about time we call their bluff!

He will have to beat UGA and UAT in the same year to achieve that position. 

8 hours ago, Viper said:

I've been waiting on Sunday, 11/27/22 for well over a year now.

It WAS for a firing. Fast forward and now it's for a hiring.

I think we all can wait 6 more days.

Most importantly for Cadillac and the respect that man deserves, Auburn can too.

I’m thinking Friday.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I’m thinking Friday.

What if...

Lane joined his new team on the sidelines for the game?  He loves trolling Saban.  

Admittedly, I don't want to take away from Caddie and him having his moment coaching in the Iron Bowl but I think Lane on our sideline could distract the turds as well.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

So everyone is in consensus that Lane will be the next HC at Auburn

That seems to be true.

• Like 2