Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I can literally see Grimes, Freeze , Kiffin, Sanders making it work here despite their flaws.

I think all of those names will work too tbh. If we get any of those guys I think we’ll be good imo. Auburn fans keep thinking we’re one hire away from being the next dynasty and it’s just not going to happen even though it’ll be great if it did 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

I think all of those names will work too tbh. If we get any of those guys I think we’ll be good imo. Auburn fans keep thinking we’re one hire away from being the next dynasty and it’s just not going to happen even though it’ll be great if it did 

Ultimately, I believe the dynasty will only come with full alignment..This has to happen, you know? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

You will just find, you can't make most people happy or people have their own agendas. Probably a little bit of both. Some posters have one specific coach in mind and if he is not hired all the rest just won't work. I can literally see Grimes, Freeze , Kiffin, Sanders making it work here despite their flaws.

Lane Kiffin tells Ole Miss players he's likely staying at Ole Miss

Lane Kiffin tells Ole Miss players he's likely staying at Ole Miss - On3

It appears it’s not just a foregone conclusion that Auburn’s next head coach will be Lane Kiffin.

Kiffin told Ole Miss players Wednesday evening that, unless something significantly changes, he’s planning on staying as the head coach of the Rebels, sources tell On3 and OM Spirit.

It comes in the midst of Kiffin being widely viewed as the favorite to be the next head coach for Auburn, which is in search of a replacement for Bryan Harsin, who was fired on Halloween during his second season as the Tigers’ coach.

Kiffin and the Rebels face Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving.

Kiffin, in his third year at Ole Miss, has a 23-10 overall record as the Rebels’ coach, including 8-3 this year.

“I mean, I don’t know what else to say,” Kiffin said Monday. “I’m extremely happy here … the difference of where this program is now compared to three years ago, and I feel that we have really good support. I mean, I can get up here and give you whatever it was, the ‘pine box’ speech and ‘I’m not going to be the next head coach at Alabama.’ I can give you those things, and so, I don’t know what those mean. I don’t know what else to say.

“Been here three years and been fortunate enough to I guess now have three different contracts, so I don’t know why all of a sudden a fourth contract all of a sudden makes people feel better. Like I said, we’re very appreciative of everything here.”

4 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Lane Kiffin tells Ole Miss players he's likely staying at Ole Miss

Lane Kiffin tells Ole Miss players he's likely staying at Ole Miss - On3

It appears it’s not just a foregone conclusion that Auburn’s next head coach will be Lane Kiffin.

Kiffin told Ole Miss players Wednesday evening that, unless something significantly changes, he’s planning on staying as the head coach of the Rebels, sources tell On3 and OM Spirit.

It comes in the midst of Kiffin being widely viewed as the favorite to be the next head coach for Auburn, which is in search of a replacement for Bryan Harsin, who was fired on Halloween during his second season as the Tigers’ coach.

Kiffin and the Rebels face Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving.

Kiffin, in his third year at Ole Miss, has a 23-10 overall record as the Rebels’ coach, including 8-3 this year.

“I mean, I don’t know what else to say,” Kiffin said Monday. “I’m extremely happy here … the difference of where this program is now compared to three years ago, and I feel that we have really good support. I mean, I can get up here and give you whatever it was, the ‘pine box’ speech and ‘I’m not going to be the next head coach at Alabama.’ I can give you those things, and so, I don’t know what those mean. I don’t know what else to say.

“Been here three years and been fortunate enough to I guess now have three different contracts, so I don’t know why all of a sudden a fourth contract all of a sudden makes people feel better. Like I said, we’re very appreciative of everything here.”

Yeah we already covered this. It’s been picked apart lol 

• Haha 1

Just now, Elephant Tipper said:

LOL, sorry about that.  Apparently, I didn't scan the right pages before posting.

No it is all good. I am just slightly over the drama with him. So ready for this weekend to be over so we can get a clear sign here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Well how many hires you think its gonna take?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No it is all good. I am just slightly over the drama with him. So ready for this weekend to be over so we can get a clear sign here.

I’m right there with you. I’m tired of the antics and the trolling. I get that he might be caught in a weird position with the leak, but there could have been some tact in how he’s handled it rather than trolling. He’s a grown man leading and developing young men, and the Twitter games are just too childish in my opinion. He should be setting an example for his players. Not only do I not see the draw for his coaching, but the trolling is just killing any excitement I might have if we do hire him. 

I’m pretty much at “piss or get off the pot” with him at this point. Make a declaration about what you’re doing and move on. 

• Like 2

this was reported yesterday and posted today on reddit. i thought it might be fun to throw some more wth out there. this is still not as good as the rumor freeze is going back to ol miss.

Inside the Rebels reporting Kiffin to stay at Ole Miss

renderTimingPixel.png

Apparently the Auburn deal may have hit “snag.” But the person who reported that (Jay G. Tate, I think) apparently heard it from OM people. He thinks it may just be an attempt to get through the game tomorrow. We’ll see.

Didn’t McCready also report he told the team he hadn’t interviewed anywhere and then in the same post admitted that they knew that was a lie?

Kiffin is definitely giving someone the run around. Time will tell if it’s them or us.

McCready is also saying we will hire Freeze Friday. Doesn’t Freeze have to go through some approval process. Thought Sanky has to approve. If true I don’t see that hire moving this quickly.
Edited by aubiefifty
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

No, actually he did not.

That's one of the dumbest takes I've read from some incredibly dumb takes lately.

• Like 2

Put all the evidence together.   
Kiffin is preparing for their season finale and is trying to keep distractions down as much as he can.   
He has always left room for doubt in his reassurance speeches, and he hasn’t addressed his new contract offer from OM.    AU sources have been confident since very early this week.    The “mystery candidates” is a classic smokescreen, and the recent Freeze talk  is another classic “Oh no, we don’t have anything to write about today, so let’s go with a believable plan B for more clicks” type of move.   I am confident it’s Kiffin until he signs his new contract with OM, or we hire someone else.   

• Like 1

Huge Auburn fan, but I work the chains at Ole Miss games. Rumor floating around at Ole Miss today is that Kiffin will sign his Ole Miss extension on the Jumbotron just before kickoff tonight. 

Stay tuned.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, causeyjt said:

Huge Auburn fan, but I work the chains at Ole Miss games. Rumor floating around at Ole Miss today is that Kiffin will sign his Ole Miss extension on the Jumbotron just before kickoff tonight. 

Stay tuned.

Please tell it will be done WWF intro style with theme music and some pyrotechnics.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hard to sign anything when nothing has been presented to him...

That's always Auburn's excuse to save face. Remember last time when Harsin was hired? He was always our #1 guy and nobody ever turned us down because we never offered anyone but Harsin. That's just administrators trying to do damage control. 

• Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, causeyjt said:

Stay tuned.

But just before he signs, Kiffin will hit the OM AD over the head with a folding chair and Then Cohen will parachute into the stadium with a contract for Kiffin to sign..

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

That's always Auburn's excuse to save face. Remember last time when Harsin was hired? He was always our #1 guy and nobody ever turned us down because we never offered anyone but Harsin. That's just administrators trying to do damage control. 

Well if PAM is correct, Napier was interested but xADAG squashed it. Now who knows if he’ll work out, but I’d very much like to believe that story!

25 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

To be fair to AU, I’m pretty sure that’s how it works everywhere. For the school and the candidates. Imagine sitting down with a candidate for an interview when he knows you’ve reported that the job has been offered to and rejected by 3 or 4 other candidates. Not good for either side in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I’ve seen Brian Johnson the QB coach for the Eagles impressed with his interview and is near the top of the list if Kiffin backs out.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

He did. You can live with these silly technicalities if it makes you feel better, but the fact is he still beat them and everyone knows it, including you. You can argue that he cheated or bought players or whatever, but he has still developed them and coached them up, and he still developed and successfully implemented a game plan that beat them two years in a row. Not to mention his coaching decisions during the game. I don't think I have disagreed with you yet since you've started posting (which I'm glad you have), but you need to let this go.

What a disturbing view of the world, basic principles.